44 members have voted

1. 1. should obsidian leave the game modddable

• hell yes
    • hell no
    • moddable???
    • huh??
    • yes, no, maybe
    • I dont care

for someone like me, who has no idea how to mod, it's a moot point. but in general, i think it'd add to the replayability of the game if it was easily moddable by those who can make more additions, whether they be levels, expansion stories, etc.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

IMHO, something like that might be nice for later, but I don't think it's a good excuse to delay the game futher, thus making us wait even more to get it :angry:

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I don't care if they release tools or not, tools will come out as long as the game isn't a **** to mod. Mods would sprout up like mad for KOTOR if only the model format could be cracked, but until then all they can have is reskins. With KOTOR2 all I ask is that the team doesn't keep silent about stuff like that so mods can be made. No extra work on the dev's part except maybe a message board post.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Do you seriously think that LucasArts would want KotOR2 modable? They kept Bioware closing and deleting threads in their KotOR forums should be a clue that LucasArts HAVE NO FREAKING INTEREST FOR PLAYERS TO MOD THEIR GAME!

Take a clue folks, Obsidian isn't going to make the game moddable for you.

I would love to have KOTOR II moddable but it probably wont happen due to Lucas Arts feelings about that, which i can understand.

But if it was moddable I would love to be able to mod the whole she bang.

And I would really like to make my own animations for the game...I am talking combat coreography!

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

should obsidian leave the game modddable

Wait, doesn't that imply it was modable?

KOTOR was modable, to an extent. You could do new areas, new recruitable characters, new skins, etc, as long as you used the geometry that was already in the game. So you couldn't do anything really new because other than textures, you couldn't add any visual content to the game. Modders are trying to figure out how to crack the model format so they can add their own geometry to the game but so far I think the furthest they've gotten is being able to add their own geometry, its just not able to move. So they can add new static objects, but still can't edit character geometry, which is the big thing so they can add monsters and new equipment.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I believe a dev already answered this question, if I remember correctly.

The answer was NO! Sadly, it broke my heart to hear that, but oh well.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

I am not sure I really understand why though. Have they given a definitive answer?

I can understand 'not enough time, maybe next time' type of answer but the impression I got was that over at BioWare threads were locked for questions about being able to mod. Why?

:)

Maybe Obsidian isn't as anal about it as Bioware was?

As far as I recall, Bioware locked threads asking for links to any mods, probably because they didn't want to deal with people complaining that a mod had crashed their game and want Bioware to fix it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Why wouldn't they want the game to be moddable?  It improves the shelf lives of games when successful.

Because Lucas[arts] can't stand the idea of someone trampling his precious Star Wars scenario with content he hasn't vetted and might not agree with... :unsure: