98 members have voted

1. 1. Multiplayer like taris

• yes really good idea
    • okay idea
    • bad idea
    • horrible idea
    • i dont have xbox live
    • i dont care

THe idea is NOT as bas as anakin would like you to believe, as long as it is just dueling and optional it would not take anythign away from the game. Tmea battles and clasn woudl be alright, but sicne its only duelign, it woudl nto have that big of a future or longevity considerign teh battels woudl only take aobut 60 each at max.

No. KOTOR is a single player RPG. If we had multiplayer, it would take away from the roleplaying.

Plus, we'd have blue haired people. Who wants blue haired folks? Lavender?

And the faces aren't too customizeable.

If you want Star Wars duels, play Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy. If you want multiplayer, go play SWG. Geez.

Fnord.

KOTOR is based purely on the single player experience. It should be kept that way

It shouldn't be like Battlefront, where the effort is put in the multiplayer experience.

I like KOTOR with no multiplayer, and i do not want a multiplayer, simply because it means the single player experience is upped 10 fold.

Can somebody tell me, how the game would suffer if the game was exactly the same single player experiance, only with a jedi academy multiplying option? If you didnt want to use it, then you don't have to play it, but it couldnt hurt since it wont affect the single player aspect AT ALL. No one suggested a battlefront type multiplayer experience, they suggested duels.

-Think about if the Kotor single player game was exactly the way it is right now only the Menu read

Load game

Save game

Options

Multiplayer

HOW THE HELL WOULD THAT AFFECT YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE? If you did not want to play it than u didnt have to morons. It would only expand the fan base and attract more casual gamers. Allowing the company to make more money. Which is what tehy want to do.

-Extra features never hurt anybody so long as they dont interfere or take away from the original design.

-While I agree it would be disasterous if KOTOR became multiplayer BASED, that was not what was suggested

SO stop whining u lil babies

P.S. GALAXIES SUCKED, and nobody asked for a Galaxy typed mp game so dotn even bring that up.

can somebody tell me? how the game would suffer if the game was exactly the same single player experiance, only with a jedi academy multiplying option? If you didnt want to use it, then you don't have to play it, but it couldnt hurt sicne it wont affect the single player aspect AT ALL. No one suggested a battlefrotn type multiplayer experience, they suggested duels.

-think about if the Kotor single player game was exactly the way it is right now only the Menu read

Load game

SO stop whining u lil babies

Its probably something to do with the game engine, with it not being intended in any way, shape or form to be used for multiplayer. Obsidian probably have strict rules from both LA and Bioware as to what they can do with it. But then again what do I know, maybe you are right. :p

• 2 weeks later...

i think there should be a battlefront 2 with JEDI AND SITH. that would be awesome. an army of jedi slaughtering an army of sith. i know it doesnt have anything to do with kotor multi but i think it would be cool

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

-Think about if the Kotor single player game was exactly the way it is right now only the Menu read

Load game

Save game

Options

Multiplayer

HOW THE HELL WOULD THAT AFFECT YOUR GAMING EXPERIENCE? If you did not want to play it than u didnt have to morons. It would only expand the fan base and attract more casual gamers. Allowing the company to make more money. Which is what tehy want to do.

-Extra features never hurt anybody so long as they dont interfere or take away from the original design.

It's basic economics. Obisidan has a limited amount of time and resources. This is indisputable. Building any sort of multiplayer component requires time and money. Since they are currently using ALL of their time and money for the single player experience, it would be impossible for them to implement any sort of multiplayer mode without taking away from the resources available for the single player game experience. Hence, it will affect their gaming experience.

Why are threads like this one constantly at the top of the list with "new posts" when clearly, there are not any new posts?  Is this a new bug that has come up since the message board update?

Because it's a poll. So whenever someone votes, it gets bumped up regardless of whether someone actually posts a response or not.

Check out all the threads with polls in them. You'll notice that a lot of times they get bumped up even though the actual "replies" are from days or even weeks ago.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

It's a horrible idea and if they ever did it I'd never buy another kotor.

Oh please, yes you would and you know it. (example)It's like your the biggest Halo fan and you desprete for Halo2, although you'd never download the version that was leaked. You went to a friends house and he had it, you'd play it and you know you would. So saying you'd never buy it is a lie. Just like people who say they will not buy the game because the PCer's are treated unfair. They lie, they will buy it, or download it, either way.

Evolutionary Development

there a difference between buying and downloading, buying support Obsidan's money holds while downloading does not, i can say for sure anything that makes my play time less than previous one or as small i wouldnt buy, really when i buy a game that cost that much i exspect it to last more than 2 days.

I dont mind playing the game over if there is enough options in it to make it fun, but i dont play games like that for multiplayer, if thats what i wanted id pick a online game instead since they usually more balanced than store one time buy game.

If there is only a limited amount of points to use in Kotor 2, i suspect less they make the game either harder or longer it would take less than a week to complete, and if like last one there wont be much after that to do with it, in which case i wouldnt buy it, less i can see my friends can spend alot time with it, powergamer friend like me ofcause.

Last buy 2 buys was W40 Dawn of war=2days playtime(never making that mistake again) and Doom3(Rock to hard, Doubt id be tired of that after a year) was my best buy the last one.

SO YES LESS KOTOR2 IS MORE THAN 2DAYS PLAYTIME I WOULDNT BUY IT THEN ID RATHER WAIT FOR A JK4 SINCE I KNOW I CAN PLAY THAT FOR MONTH...

EDIT: hate thought of multiplayer=points again rather than stat rolls, which in turn mean less points to try dual classes or other character built types less they become more or less gimp

It's a horrible idea and if they ever did it I'd never buy another kotor.

Oh please, yes you would and you know it. (example)It's like your the biggest Halo fan and you desprete for Halo2, although you'd never download the version that was leaked. You went to a friends house and he had it, you'd play it and you know you would. So saying you'd never buy it is a lie. Just like people who say they will not buy the game because the PCer's are treated unfair. They lie, they will buy it, or download it, either way.

Actually I wouldn't buy it. When a game has single and multiplayer then 1 of the 2 modes usually suffers and it is usually the singleplayer mode and sense I only play singleplayer I'd have no reason to buy the game, so I wouldn't.