Old Trilogy vs. New Trilogy vs. KOTOR

guys if there was no 1 2 3 then lucas should of called anh esb and rotj episode 1 2 3 instead of 4 5 6 i rather have there be episode 1 2 3 then non at all. Who cares if there a few things you didn't like no movie is perfect. I don't care a movie is a movie what so ever. lucas is not forcing you to see it.

But it cheapens the experience of the original movies for some people

I was under the impression that there were 9 original stories. At least that is what Lucas said way back when before ANH premiered. He decided that, given the technology of the day, and the waning attention span of the average movie goer, it was best to film ANH first because he felt it had the most action. If it went well, he'd go for ESB. After RoTJ, when asked if he'd go back to make the first three stories into movies, he said that they were too boring, and people wouldn't have the same respect they have for Ep 4-6. Now he says he won't do the last three...ever. I wonder....

I know of someone who worked for a publishing company that saw all 9 original stories. If you ask Lucas today, he'll deny he ever wrote them, but age and time have a way of altering your perceptions, I guess. I never got to see the original manuscript, but I understand it is/was very different from what ended up in the movies, EXCEPT for ANH.

What kind of inconsistancies am I talking about? Obi-wan Kenobi said his master was Yoda in Episode 5. WHo was Obiwan's master? Quigon Jin.

Yoda trained all padawans until they were assigned to another Jedi Knight/Master. Not to mention Obi-Wan went to Yoda after Qui-Gon's death (and presumably Qui-Gon's ascension to Knighthood came with extra training). And in Ep. 2 Obi-Wan went to Yoda for guidance on dealing with Anakin & the bounty hunter.

How about that stupid crap about the mitachloirans (msp)?  Kind of inconsistant in what was in the Original Trilogy isn't in.

It wasn't even mentioned in the original trilogy. Nor was it mentioned ANYWHERE else in the prequels. Obviously it must not be that important, as it's just a Force sensitivity measurement and not an actual gauge of Force knowledge. :o

THis sort of thing pisses me off and why I hate Star Wars and George Lucas.  THe franchise should have been the original 3 movies and that is it.

Yeah well, when you make a science fiction movie franchise you can dictate how it "should" be made. I hope you can put up with overcritical, rabid fans who will hate you if you don't do it THEIR way. :lol:

Oh, don't go onto that bullsh*t. Don't even try to cover up GLs stupidity.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You must be mistaken, because the only person with BS is you. :lol:

I have no problems with the PT. Only true Star Wars fans can look beyond the bad acting and special effects of the PT and see it for what it is....a great story.

If the PT were made back in 1977, 1980, 1983 and the OT made in 1999, 2002, and 2005. I bet people would be saying that the PT was the best and the OT is crappy.

When it is said and done, its basiclly a nostalgia thing more then anything else.

Wrong on that, Tyrell. At least for me you are wrong. One thing I hate in movies are story inconsistancies and Ep 1, 2, and most like 3 have major story inconsistancies where it comes to episodes 4, 5, and 6. THese inconsistancies kill the suspension of disbelief and kills any sort of fun watching them.

What kind of inconsistancies am I talking about? Obi-wan Kenobi said his master was Yoda in Episode 5. WHo was Obiwan's master? Quigon Jin. How about that stupid crap about the mitachloirans (msp)? Kind of inconsistant in what was in the Original Trilogy isn't in.

THis sort of thing pisses me off and why I hate Star Wars and George Lucas. THe franchise should have been the original 3 movies and that is it.

Dammit you make this almost too easy for me. Again, this is why only TRUE Star Wars fans understand the PT and its connection to the OT.

You say some **** about Obi-Wan saying that Yoda was his master in EP5? Here is his exact line "You will goto the Dagobah system. There you will find Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me.". First and foremost he did not say that Yoda was his master. He said that Yoda was the Jedi Master that taught him. But you may ask....I thought that Qui-Gon was the Jedi Master that taught Obi, atleast thats what EP1 shows". Well you are right, but this is where the part about you not knowing a damn thing about what you are talking about and this is where I make you look stupid. Now read ahead....

Each potential Jedi is trained as a young kid, but there is some people who get around that like Luke and Anakin Skywalker. Each potiental Jedi begins their training around the age of 5 I believe. These kids are called "younglings" as revealed in EP2. These....younglings are taught by no other then Master Yoda himself. Once they reach the age of about 10 they are then assigned to a particular Jedi Master to further their training. They then turn from being a youngling to being a padawan and you know the rest from there.

So YES, Yoda WAS Obi-Wan's master at some point in time. It was Qui-Gon that taught him more about the force but Yoda started him off. The only reason why he mentioned Yoda in EP5 instead of Qui-Gon was obviously Qui-Gon was killed some 33 years ago and Yoda was still alive.

Its sort of like school. Yoda is like the Elementary school teacher then when the kids get older, they go on to Middle Schoo/High School and the teachers their is their assigned Jedi partner...Qui-Gon in this case.

See that is why the Prequel Trilogy is so misunderstood, people don't know the idea and concept of the movies. People like YOU help prove that idea.

Inconsistancies my ass, it is you my friend who is inconsistant.

guys if there was no 1 2 3 then lucas should of called anh esb and rotj episode 1 2 3 instead of 4 5 6 i rather have there be episode 1 2 3 then non at all. Who cares if there a few things you didn't like no movie is perfect. I don't care a movie is a movie what so ever. lucas is not forcing you to see it.

Well said.

Yes the PT doesn't have that same feel as the OT. Yes the PT doesn't have the same loveable characters as the OT, but it doesn't matter. The PT is telling a story, the rise fall of a person named Anakin Skywalker and how the great Republic turned into the Evil Empire. That then leads into the OT where this Evil Empire is at its peak with Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker the star of the PT) is at the lead. The only hope for the Galaxy now is Anakin's offspring, Luke and Leia. And thats what the OT is about, bring down the Evil Empire that formed in the PT and reedeming Anakin Skywalker. When you watch all 6 movies together, it is about the Discovery, Rise, Fall, and Redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

guys  if there was no 1 2 3    then lucas should of called  anh  esb and rotj  episode 1 2 3 instead of 4 5 6  i rather have there be  episode 1 2 3  then non at all.  Who cares if there a few things you didn't  like  no movie is perfect. I don't  care a movie is a movie what so ever.  lucas is not forcing you to see it.

Well said.

Yes the PT doesn't have that same feel as the OT. Yes the PT doesn't have the same loveable characters as the OT, but it doesn't matter. The PT is telling a story, the rise fall of a person named Anakin Skywalker and how the great Republic turned into the Evil Empire. That then leads into the OT where this Evil Empire is at its peak with Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker the star of the PT) is at the lead. The only hope for the Galaxy now is Anakin's offspring, Luke and Leia. And thats what the OT is about, bring down the Evil Empire that formed in the PT and reedeming Anakin Skywalker. When you watch all 6 movies together, it is about the Discovery, Rise, Fall, and Redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

thanks

yea i totally agree with you.

Tyrell, the difference between a brown noser and an a*skisser is depth perception. Keep on justifying George Lucas amateurish work, maybe... just maybe he might drop you an e-mail which no doubt you will cherish always. :)

Here is another inconsistancy: the Death Star. The Death Star was Tarkin's baby, if you follow the comments made by him and his crew towards Anakin/Vader you would know this. It was quite obvious, but all of a sudden back thirty years Count Poodoo had the plans himself. Also another thing that bothered me. It was in an Expanded Universe thingy that Vader lost his arm to the Emporer due to his failure at the Death Star yet in the Episode 2 it was lost by Count Poodoo.

Oh well, you will just come up with another excuse to justify the inconsistancies. Man, you are worse than a Trekkie, Tyrell.

Tyrell, the difference between a brown noser and an a*skisser is depth perception. Keep on justifying George Lucas amateurish work, maybe... just maybe he might drop you an e-mail which no doubt you will cherish always. :)

Here is another inconsistancy: the Death Star. The Death Star was Tarkin's baby, if you follow the comments made by him and his crew towards Anakin/Vader you would know this. It was quite obvious, but all of a sudden back thirty years Count Poodoo had the plans himself. Also another thing that bothered me. It was in an Expanded Universe thingy that Vader lost his arm to the Emporer due to his failure at the Death Star yet in the Episode 2 it was lost by Count Poodoo.

Oh well, you will just come up with another excuse to justify the inconsistancies. Man, you are worse than a Trekkie, Tyrell.

Hades, shouldn't you get a proctologist to find out what's wedged up there?

I have no problems with the PT. Only true Star Wars fans can look beyond the bad acting and special effects of the PT and see it for what it is....a great story.

If the PT were made back in 1977, 1980, 1983 and the OT made in 1999, 2002, and 2005. I bet people would be saying that the PT was the best and the OT is crappy.

When it is said and done, its basiclly a nostalgia thing more then anything else.

Wrong on that, Tyrell. At least for me you are wrong. One thing I hate in movies are story inconsistancies and Ep 1, 2, and most like 3 have major story inconsistancies where it comes to episodes 4, 5, and 6. THese inconsistancies kill the suspension of disbelief and kills any sort of fun watching them.

What kind of inconsistancies am I talking about? Obi-wan Kenobi said his master was Yoda in Episode 5. WHo was Obiwan's master? Quigon Jin. How about that stupid crap about the mitachloirans (msp)? Kind of inconsistant in what was in the Original Trilogy isn't in.

But if the PT had been done before the OT, it would be the OT which would be inconsistent. :rolleyes:

I wonder what people who've seen Episodes 1 and 2 before the OT think of them.

Tyrell, the difference between a brown noser and an a*skisser is depth perception.  Keep on justifying George Lucas amateurish work, maybe... just maybe he might drop you an e-mail which no doubt you will cherish always.  :rolleyes:

Here is another inconsistancy:  the Death Star.  The Death Star was Tarkin's baby, if you follow the comments made by him and his crew towards Anakin/Vader you would know this.  It was quite obvious, but all of a sudden back thirty years Count Poodoo had the plans himself.  Also another thing that bothered me.  It was in an Expanded Universe thingy that Vader lost his arm to the Emporer due to his failure at the Death Star yet in the Episode 2 it was lost by Count Poodoo.

Oh well, you will just come up with another excuse to justify the inconsistancies.  Man, you are worse than a Trekkie, Tyrell.

very good points there but don't diss trekies they might beem you up to the enterprise and then vaporize you with a phazer... now do you really want that to happen...well maybe some on the boards might but I doubt you would, I hear it hurts like a mother when you get vapourized :lol:

BTW the PT SUCKS!!! I am sorry to say but there is no way to sugar coat the bad acting, even worse plot development, and over use of FX in them.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

1. The prequels are a mixed bag really. The ideas they set forward are interesting but poorly excuted. My biggest 'beef' with them is the inconsistant acting and script writing. Its like there was two people doing the casting and writing. The best bits if you like were the lightsabre battles (and the Duel of Fates music...very nice) and some of the poltical stuff going on with the Emperor's rise to power (which is quite clever, but hidden by the pony actiing of the poor actors/actresses too much).

I think the most annoying thing with the new films is the same thing I find annoying with many of todays games. So much potential that is destroyed by having the wrong people run things. They could have been good if they had put some effort into the casting and script and not so much into the latest l33t FX.

2. I like KotOR plot over the prequels, easily. Although KotOR is quite simple, it has a number of good things going for, not least that the people who wrote had some idea of what they were doing. The twist was well timed with a few good hints as to what it was and had a surprising depth to it (the Jedi Council must have been desperate to do what they did given what could happen). All in all I would say the KotOR had 'soul' where as the prequel films were lacking it...

3. Can the third prequel film save it? Depends. From what I've seen as a potential plot/story line it should be OK. However the problem with the first two films is the acting and the script not the story, and none of these have really changed. If the script is better (i.e. the dialogue is MUCH better than the stupidness of the first two) then it may stand a chance...and that is assuming you can get the best out of your actors/actresses with a good script.

4. Depends really. If you can get some good writers to do them possibly, but given the way things have gone leave it to the computer games (case in point look at the Star Trek series...they need new writers too! :D )

• 2 months later...

New trilogy i think is best, but im young and not nastalgic, Prequils arent bad, but they are kinda gay and childish at soem points, the fact samuel L jackson is in them makes it better episode 2 is better than episode 1, and maybe episode 3 will be in teh same ballpark as teh original trilogy, KoTOR owns and hopefully the storylien will progress further and further and eventually lead up the a more recent tiem frame

As someone who saw Empire SB in the theater, I was too young to see ANH, there is no comparison too the first three movies, never had anything even remotely been done in the like, and really very few things afterwards are even notable.

As for the prequel, never have I been so bitterly dissappointed in my life. I'm on this site so you can guess that I'm a huge KotOR fan.

So First 3

Kotor

prequels

redone originals

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

woah. i Picked up the redone trilogy on dvd this weekedn, watched it and it was fine, they did not cut anythign out really so why is the whoel world pissed off about it? The truth is ur upset cause they changed ur memory, as a movie the revampments only made the movie better, sounds better, the space fightscenes are better, and as for the added digital scenes, so what they dont change the movie that much only add to it.

Tell me where Im wrong

The Jedis were more soldiers than diplomats and rushed blindly in every fight.

What are you talking about?

Yea, seriously! It seems to me like you're just watching the movie and not also LISTENING.

Oh well, I guess the movies really don't do a very good job of portraying the Jedi's diplomatic uses very well. But its George Lucas, hes seriously losing his touch (IMO).

Losing his touch? :ph34r:

Even for us (Finnish people) Finnish language can be quite difficult sometimes  :)

:lol:

manthing2.jpg

roflmao

I think the world is pissed off by the revamped trilogy because of careless alterations made...

Ive heard Lukes Lightsaber colour changes with the same hiltand other nit picking differences... only what ive heard though

**thinks** Darth Gruff.... hehehehehehehehe