Female Sith Lord?

What exactly does this mean?

I for one would love to see a female Sith Lord. It would be original, is long overdue, and after all (and I'm not trying to sound pompous or like an a-hole or anything like that) who could play evil better than a woman?

Think about it. Her greatest strengths would have to be her cunning, her charisma, her manipulation and her ability to devise strategy. She wouldn't be as physically strong as her male counterparts, which is why she would have a very strong will and a really high intelligence.

And since we men tend to be kinda weakminded when it comes to women anyway, her sensuality would be a damn near insurmountable weapon. Unless of course the guy is gay, but that's a discussion for a whole new thread.

I guess the biggest proof of this argument came in the first KOTOR. All the times I played that game (more than I wish to admit) I mostly played as female because it was more interesting. And playing a DS female was the only way you could lure Carth into a relationship with you, turn that love against him, and then kill him when he refused to join you.

There was no way to kill Carth as a male. As far as I know.

I only meant that the character should not be like other 'dark' female characters I've seen who seem to be defined by their gender.

The tendency is to focus on the fact that a female character is female at the expense of charcter development. I for one would prefer a well developed male Sith Lord -like Sion is shaping up to be- to a more shallow female character.

That could just be me though.

There are 3 Sith, Sion is male and I'm suspecting the guy with the mask is male too. But then there's still 1 left. Who else wants to see the Dark Lady of the Sith?

I would! A female Dark Lord Sith would be sweet! :lol:

.............is this a bad time to bring up my Bastila prediction?

Yes I want new stuff no whining oldies returning with a major role.

Sometimes I wonder if Obsidian/BIS's policy of implementing fan suggestions into its games is a serious black spot on its record.

How so? please explain

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

In and of itself, the idea is fine. I just happen to know from experience that the engendered response from the average board goer will read something like "OmGz h0t SiTh cHiXX0rs plz". Don't believe me? Ask yourself why just about every other thread is dedicated to Bastila in some way, shape, or form.

Actually, I believe listening to fan feedback is a large positive for OE; I was just expressing annoyance at the overwhelming deluge of the drooling fanboy type that has flooded this forum for some time.

I for one would love to see a female Sith Lord.  It would be original, is long overdue, and after all (and I'm not trying to sound pompous or like an a-hole or anything like that) who could play evil better than a woman?

Think about it.  Her greatest strengths would have to be her cunning, her charisma, her manipulation and her ability to devise strategy.  She wouldn't be as physically strong as her male counterparts, which is why she would have a very strong will and a really high intelligence.

And since we men tend to be kinda weakminded when it comes to women anyway, her sensuality would be a damn near insurmountable weapon.  Unless of course the guy is gay, but that's a discussion for a whole new thread.

I guess the biggest proof of this argument came in the first KOTOR.  All the times I played that game (more than I wish to admit) I mostly played as female because it was more interesting.  And playing a DS female was the only way you could lure Carth into a relationship with you, turn that love against him, and then kill him when he refused to join you.

There was no way to kill Carth as a male.  As far as I know.

I only meant that the character should not be like other 'dark' female characters I've seen who seem to be defined by their gender.

The tendency is to focus on the fact that a female character is female at the expense of charcter development. I for one would prefer a well developed male Sith Lord -like Sion is shaping up to be- to a more shallow female character.

That could just be me though.

:) How do yuo know if a female sith lord will be "Shallow". I think this is a great idea. It would really be a step in the right direction for KotOR.

I for one agree with him that most female evil characters in some way turn it into a story about how they were wronged and why they are thus justified doing whatever they are now doing. Characters should have a backstory beyond 'something bad happened to me.'

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Why can a male be any way he likes, and there be endless possibilities for a male creation, but when you say "female" there are automatically things like "weaker" and "nag" and "sexy" and "sexism" and I could go on.

Why can't there just be a female Lord (or Lady if you so wish I suppose) and have her be *gasp* powerful?!?! I agree with the using sensuality thing, because hey, if you can exploit a weakness in your enemies, then go for it. But besides that (and it isn't even necessary), why can't she just be the same as the guys? Just a developed character with pros and cons and strengths and weaknesses. Who just happens to be female. Not a big revelation, not "oh my Gods, you're this this and that because you're a GIRL", just an equal.

I'd love to see a female Sith Lord (lady . . .). But it should be natural, not something special.

saying they make one of the sith lords a woman I say they should make her the strongest sith lord in the game. just to debunk the feeling that female sith lords would be less of a threat.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

The problem with a female Sith Lord is that she will invariably be written in a manner such that her fall to the darkside revolves, in someway, around the fact that she is female.  In my opinion that is some weak sauce.

If you can't design a character who has a more compelling reason  for 'starting down  the dark path' than rebelling against misogynism, please make the Sith Lords male.

I for one would love to see a female Sith Lord. It would be original, is long overdue, and after all (and I'm not trying to sound pompous or like an a-hole or anything like that) who could play evil better than a woman?

Think about it. Her greatest strengths would have to be her cunning, her charisma, her manipulation and her ability to devise strategy. She wouldn't be as physically strong as her male counterparts, which is why she would have a very strong will and a really high intelligence.

And since we men tend to be kinda weakminded when it comes to women anyway, her sensuality would be a damn near insurmountable weapon. Unless of course the guy is gay, but that's a discussion for a whole new thread.

I guess the biggest proof of this argument came in the first KOTOR. All the times I played that game (more than I wish to admit) I mostly played as female because it was more interesting. And playing a DS female was the only way you could lure Carth into a relationship with you, turn that love against him, and then kill him when he refused to join you.

There was no way to kill Carth as a male. As far as I know.

Not bad at all, sounds like pretty ok idea to me.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swkotor_sithlords/

Go there. See the wallpaper?

I was, and have always suspect, that those lumps on his head were just fancy, ceremonial blobs that were part of his costume. Because why? Because, well, the same old mask gets kind of boring, and this really does look antique and evil at the same time, not to mention the large triangular headdress thing makes him look even larger, the man/woman being large in the first place without a head ornament to accentuate size. As to why it's on his head in that place, would it look as intimidating on his waste or ankles? If you wear a hat, it makes you look a bit taller.

Not to say your idea was totally impossible, of course - but don't overestimate the power of real cultural influences.

Hey hey hey! Guess who just got a new wallpaper!

But yeah, it's who I thought it was. And honestly, my first reaction when I saw the character was "Sweet, a Sith chick." And by "Sweet, a Sith chick.", I was referring to a Sith chick with a sense of style. Not the brutish hos you met on Korriban. Someone like Yuthura, but with a mask.

Anyway, whoever they are, they look cool, even if they look like a girl to me. :)

Curious about the subraces in Pillars of Eternity? Check out