Jedi/Sith Ranks

rika

In Kotor1, after you finish the apprentice training, Zhar welcomes you into the lowest rank of the Jedi as a padawan. I was wondering what other ranks are there before you attain Master? And is the ranking strata same as the Sith?

Im pretty sure (but not compleatly), that there is just Jedi Kight in b/t Padawan and Jedi Master. You have to take the trials to become a Knight and the Jedi Concil decides when you become a master. Im not sure so if im wrong anybody please correct me.

Jedi Apprentice when u initially begin training.

Jedi Padawan, for when you complete the initial training, and begin learning more complex stuff.

Jedi Knight for when you finish training and you can be taught no more.

Jedi Master, for those who have toatlly mastered the LS of the force.

Example-Luke Skywalker

Ep4-He is an apprentice

Ep5-He is a padawan

Ep6-He is a knight

After Ep6 (when he starts up jedi academy on yavin4)-He is a master

You forgot about Jedi Don, the highest rank in the Jedi order

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Whoppish, no.

Sorry i guess its just a really bad joke.

<chorus of boos>

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Well, Anakin is a padawan in Ep2.

They just call padawans, apprentices aswell, because it means 'learner'.

I think that is why anyway

yeah but I remeber yoda (I think) called Obi-wan and padawan learner during EP1 when Qui-Gon wanted to take anakin on as a student.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Padawan means apprentice. It's the same thing, they are not supposed to be different ranks. Padawan Learners are what apprentices are called before they pass the Jedi trials to become Knights. At least as far as the movies go, the Jedi ranks are: Padawan, Knight, Master.

There's never been any official description of Sith ranks in the movies other than receiving the title of Darth after being knighted as Sith knights. Supposedly Ep3 will show Vader's naming ceremony so that might clarify a little about the Sith ranks.

First of let me correct one thing I am hearing, apprentice=padawan, there is no difference. In Ep1, Qui-Gon called ObiWan both apprentice and padawan. Same in Ep2, Obi called Anakin both Padawan and Apprentice. There is no distinction between the two.

Now KotOR wise, my guess is it is like apprentice/learner (not Jedi)then after your trials you become Padawan/ then Knight, then Master.

For the Sith my guess is as good as your but I would say it something like this:

Dark Jedi

Sith Students

Apprentice

Acolyte

Master

However this is subjerct to interpretation cause perhaps Apprentice and acolyte can be switched. The apprentices are more like Hopefuls who want to be Malak's apprentice and learn the true ways of the Sith and not just the basics and Masters are more like peeps who just get important positions of command.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

He went through admirals like I go through toilet paper after a chile cook off