Who is Darth Sion?

Any speculation on the new bad guy's background? Also, since all Sith names are derived from some word (such as Vader, Sidious, Maul, etc.) where do you think the name Sion comes from? Is it from some mythology somewhere? Does it have some sort of religious meaning? All Star Wars names mean something after all.

Any thoughts?

Any speculation on the new bad guy's background? Also, since all Sith names are derived from some word (such as Vader, Sidious, Maul, etc.) where do you think the name Sion comes from? Is it from some mythology somewhere? Does it have some sort of religious meaning? All Star Wars names mean something after all.

Any thoughts?

Well Malak's and Revan's Darth names didn't mean anything, did they? :huh: And I think he's named Darth Sion because... it king of sounds cool? :);)

Well Malak's and Revan's Darth names didn't mean anything, did they? :huh: And I think he's named Darth Sion because... it king of sounds cool? :);)

Well, Sion is biblical. It's the New Testament spelling of Zion, the land/city of God.

Why this should be a Sith Lord's name is anyone's guess.

Revan and Malak may also have Hebrew origin.

Malak/Melech/Molech/Malek - Hebrew for King

Revan/Reven/Reu-ven - Hebrew for Behold, a male child/son

Anyway, I don't necessarily think that the devs had these in mind when naming characters. It's interesting, though.

"You shall not pass!"

well in Turkish, the word 'Malak' means: A Water Buffalo Calf

enough said, this alone is an obstacle before total immersion in the game. The name 'Sion' has totally irrelevant connotations as well.

Please name the characters after vaguely suggestive, 'slightly altered' English adjectives. GL knows how to do this right.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

enough said, this alone is an obstacle before total immersion in the game. The name 'Sion' has totally irrelevant connotations as well.

Please name the characters after vaguely suggestive, 'slightly altered' English adjectives. GL knows how to do this right.

you just made malak weak......

oh well, i didnt like him anyway

you just made malak weak......

oh well, i didnt like him anyway

lmao!

Scion seems better to me then Sion for some reason. But meh... Darth Sidious was a good name imo. lol.

Interesting bit about Zion tho.

Ambrosia3.gif

Otherwise Dooku is named 'Great Lizard' or something....

Hmm, in Japanese, the name means "poison"...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Guess (Lucas) wasn't much for SUBTLETY.

Palpatine/Sidious = insidious = harmful but enticing

Vader = invader = one who enters for conquest or plunder

Maul = to handle roughly

Either that or Palpatine took apt naming as a feat. ;)

Actually I think it's just a variant of the word "dearth". But you might be right. I'd like to know who the first Dark Lord to use the name Darth, was. The early Sith Lords never used Darth. Such as Freedon Nadd, Naga Sadow, Exar Kun. It'd be interesting to find this out.