Sith Lord Templates

Which famous (or not) villain would be a good template for a Sith Lord?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which famous (or not) villain would be a good template for a Sith Lord?

• Dr. Hannibal Lecter
    • Albedo (Xenosaga)
    • Kuja (Final Fantasy IX)
    • Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda series)
    • Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
    • Kefka (Final Fantasy VI)
    • Dr. Evil (Austin Powers movies)
    • King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country series)
    • Revolver Ocelot (Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2)
    • The Energizer Bunny

And what with 5th Element's Gary Oldman?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

A Ra (Stargate the movie) type villan, mabey one of the founders of the jedi order who has somehow survived in the shadows living sort of like palpatine then rising up to crush the order he founded long ago for their defiance againts the great sith lords

A Dr.Evil type villan, I demand 1 million credits, muhahhahaha, oh errr I mean 100 billion credits, muhaha ummm ha ha huh ha *cough*

Malak already did the energizer bunny thing, but as he proved enerjedi batteries cannot save you from ur enebitable fate.

Eating jedi brains to increase one's dark sith powers?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Ewww...that sounds like something the Rakata would do......

well only the "dark" ones .. but its understandable, from a savage barbarians point of view! in various ancient cultures it was believed that eating your adversarys brian (or a limb with special strenght) you would gain his/her powers! and the dark Rakata is portrayed as such .. I would poison myself just to show them! muhahha ;)

another thought..

The Sith are already portrayed as savage animalistic (and at times slaves to emotions and irrational thinking.. like animals).. In my mind you could easiley turn to some kind of monster if your are exposed to the dark side for long enough .. since they become twisted they way they do.. Which would also explain their relative short lifespan, they become to irrationel at the end!

Any of this happening in EU?

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

You're right. I thought about Oldman from 5th Element cause this is a pure sci-fi movie.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Sephiroth would fit pretty well as a template, but he should share the same calm as Dr. Hannibal Lecter to make it suit more perfectly.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hoo boy, I've got an example of a messianic type that would blow all the above recommendations away (at least IMHO). And she's (yep, a strong female role model type, albeit a twisted and evil variant) not even a movie or game character (yet? AFAIK). Picture yourself with the British, and then imagine you're going up against Joan of Arc! :lol: (not the person I'm going to suggest, but definitely seems to be the basis behind her character).

I'm speaking of course about Mina of the DragonLance: The War of Souls trilogy (specifically from the first novel-she downgrades during the next two :( ). She had me rivetted to the novel the moment she made her entrance (and what an entrance :p ) and did her miracle worker bit. And battle after battle, I kept thinking, damn! If she were real, and that was happening, I'd be right there with Galdar and Captain Samuval crying out "For Mina and the One God! B) (MINA MINA MINA)" :D [and this is even after I found out who the One God was :rolleyes: :ph34r: - but before the One God started screwing things up :angry: ]

Which brings up another issue, if there's a Dark Lady of the Sith, her right hand (read apprentice/henchman) has to be someone like Galdar. Freaking STRONG, Freaking BIG, and One Hundred Freaking Percent LOYAL :lol: (and damnably cunning too). That and the two have to be taken together as a team.

SWKotOR2 has to have a Sith Lady (got to be a Lady! :) ) that can capture and command the Love of the masses :wub: (maybe the Queenie of Onderon type?) and have them fight at their most brutally ferocious best. Mina did this by taking the dregs of society; the losers, the hasbeens, and so on, and gave them something. She gave them something to believe in. Although it was steeped in evil, it provided them with something they probably never experienced before - Hope. Hope for something better, hope to improve their desperate situation. That alone is something that took the underdogs and made them into a formidable army (throw in the influence of the One God, and they became frickin' invincible :lol: ). One that has nothing to lose (as long as Mina was there to lead them), and everything to gain, but only if they worked together.

The Sith in KotOR were, in my estimation, pathetic. NO cohesion, NO discipline, and NO loyalty. Some would argue that the Sith aren't about that - but then Palpatine didn't get where he was without having henches like Vader. And nevermind the propaganda that all Sith are supposed to be backstabbing b@$t@rds (it's a wonder that any of them would have made it past the first century of existence if they kept that up, let alone manage to last thousands of years and take over the galaxy). :wacko:

Even if there aren't Mina and Galdar types in TSL, there should be at least a faction of Sith that are patterned more like the Sith of the Movies (at least before the point where Vader betrays the Emperor and tosses him overboard :) ). Those Sith gave me the impression that they'd have laid down their lives for Darth Sidious (although even he is no Mina ^_^ ). So the Sith would always stay as a cohesive group even though they would manipulate everyone else into fighting each other (and even manage to pull the Jedi into the conflict - on the wrong side no less! :p ).

To wrap up, I want to see a Sith type that actually makes me want to join the Dark Side. That way everytime I get into a face to face, there's always that tension and temptation to just give in and say "Hell Yeah! I'm with you!"

[added note] This would probably make for a great villian idea for NWN2 as well ... -_-

True, Sith in KOTOR are pathetic.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES: