Is this forum really functional at this point?

From what Ive heard, K2 is pretty much a wrap in terms of story and game mechanics("only" bugfixing and tech is left). So isnt too late to implement any of the ideas the people here come up with?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think that indeed it is, but such suggestions may later be useful for expansion

of some sort - if LA will decide to do it, at last.

I've always wondered why Lucasarts didn't release any expansion for KOTOR

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

They were supposedly working on a sequel (KOTOR 3) before the layoffs at lucas arts. It is possible that the storyline in this game might leave some room for a sequel or expansion but KOTOR 2 is in bug-testing phase as far as i know so no more story additions or modifications this time around.

I think that indeed it is, but such suggestions may later be useful for expansion

I've wondered this too. I guess it depends how much time and effort it takes to create an expansion disk rather than a full-fledged sequel.

Maybe LA felt that since the games are coming out so close together, there's no need for an expansion disk. Although after KOTOR II, I'd rather they make an expansion disk to follow, and spend a LOT of time making huge changes if/when KOTOR III is released down the road.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There more to a game than to level up, you know

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

What is the point of having an expansion for KOTOR? :p

the story did ended in an obvious way. For anything further they should create a new story thus a new game as they did.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Theres really no point to making any expansion instead of just starting on a new game. Plus thats only done on PC and the bulk of Kotor sales are on xbox

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Not quite, thet could release expansion with 2-3 new planets when you solve

subquests joined in additional campaign - war was wide and on many fronts

people struggled with sith I think that they would surely invent good sub-story.

There is one fragment in the game when you can implant additional campaign: when carth wants to go elsewhere and Bastila to Dantooine. This is a perfect start for a sub-campaign.

Besides starforge storyline shouldn't limit anything. In pen and paper RPG

additional sub campaigns aren't nothing new.

Personally I was bored totally with repeating NWN scheme. Expansion would transform KOTOR's somehow unperfect storyline into something more interesting.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

I think the main reason why there was no expansion for KOTOR was because KOTOR2 was pretty much on its way anyways... Why release a relatively small expansion when a reasonably sized expansion... err.. sequel was coming out...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They even went as far as too make plans for K3, with those prospects an expasion would make no sense.

That is why Neverwinter Nights are better. You'll also have three parts and 2 expansions for every part. I say they should release expansion in august 2004, then KOTOR 2 in 2006-2007 and KOTOR 3 in 2009

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Id love a new KoTOR every year :)

The NWN expansions were too expensive and too short, but their greatest flaws were that they werent continuations of the NWN campaign. I enjoy playing the same char again and again, plus it feels a bit more interactive if people in the game world know who you are.

Expect the KoTOR II forums to be changed in the very near future.

Maybe we can have a "Star Wars EU" board or a "Star Wars off-topic" board along with the others, because so many of the discussions ongoing right now seem to be centered around the EU.

That appears to be the price for absence of any new information.

Maybe we can have a "Star Wars EU" board or a "Star Wars off-topic" board along with the others, because so many of the discussions ongoing right now seem to be centered around the EU.

This would be a good idea since 90% of the discussion now arent really related to Kotor2, its great to have these discussion but they should have their own section....

Id love a new KoTOR every year :lol:

The NWN expansions were too expensive and too short, but their greatest flaws were that they werent continuations of the NWN campaign. I enjoy playing the same char again and again, plus it feels a bit more interactive if people in the game world know who you are.

New KOTOR EVERY YEAr and a half.. SOunds liek a plan! they woudl have to have two teams working simultaneously adn collaborating together constantly, but it could work and would be well appreciated!!

That appears to be the price for absence of any new information.

I'd agree with this, since a lot of topics seem to be about the effect KOTOR has on the EU timeline, so instead of stuff being moved to way off topic, it can go to its own KOTOR forum.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)