Moon-walking Terentateks

Playing through a new game of KOTOR I've noticed there are a number of amusing events caused by half-bugs in the code.

Whilst fighting that Terentatek in the caves on Korriban, there was a glitch where it was crossing the bridge and would not attack, and instead kept walking in slow motion- it looked like it was moon-walking Michael Jackson style! :blink: I could still attack it but it kept doing the same thing, wierd...

Then one time Mission was talking about her boring life and for some reason everytime she had a line of dialouge my character would blank her! Whenever she spoke he quickly turned his back on her- I laughed out loud at that. It seemed so realistic the way he ignored her like that.

And now the best one. On Tatooene I was in front of the gate to the desert, about to equip my characters in sand people robes, but Bastilla was in her Underwear and normaly everyone ignores this right? Wrong. This Jawa who was walking about stopped, walked right over to her and I swear he gave a thumbs up!! :lol:

Then he lifted up his arms in almost a celebratory "Yeah!!!!!" way! Hilarious! Even better was the fact that Bastilla turned to look in his direction with a disaproving expression and lifted her eyebrows as if to say "Dirty Jawa". This all may have been conincidence with the different animations cycling through- but combining them it was so realistic and funny.

Can we expect TSL to have any problems like this, or will they be sorted out?

And has anyone else seen any other amusing bugs in KOTOR that need to be removed in TSL?

I'll look out for more.

One of the most obvious one is making an PC walk wherever you want them too. It get boring fast but its humorous for a bit.

Another one is when one of your PC is stuck and far back from the rest of the group so you select him/her and head that direction again. And then zooming right by you is another one of your PC heading to the direction that your other one was. It's like "Where the hell are you goin?!?!". He/she gets to the spot and then runs back to your postition.

I got really tired with your party getting stuck somewhere, you switch to them to get them unstuck and your main member goes to where he was etc. etc.

lol! At the same time I was editing my first post you said the same thing. Hahaha I'm not crazy :wacko:

Playing through a new game of KOTOR I've noticed there are a number of amusing events caused by half-bugs in the code.

Whilst fighting that Terentatek in the caves on Korriban, there was a glitch where it was crossing the bridge and would not attack, and instead kept walking in slow motion- it looked like it was moon-walking Michael Jackson style! :) I could still attack it but it kept doing the same thing, wierd...

I've seen that, but I don't think its a "bug" exactly. The bridge narrows in the middle and the thing can't get past this one point iirc, but it tries and it almost gets jammed if you will.

Whilst fighting that Terentatek in the caves on Korriban, there was a glitch where it was crossing the bridge and would not attack, and instead kept walking in slow motion- it looked like it was moon-walking Michael Jackson style!  :lol:  I could still attack it but it kept doing the same thing, wierd...

I've seen that, but I don't think its a "bug" exactly. The bridge narrows in the middle and the thing can't get past this one point iirc, but it tries and it almost gets jammed if you will.

I think thats an exploit, I had that happen to me too but I figured out what was happening. If you open up on the Terentatek with a force power or a gun then you close in with another character to saber him, he keeps running into you because he's to big to get around you, hes exactly as wide as the bridge so if theres something in his way, he wont be able to move. So as long as the first person to attack him does enough damage to hold his interest, he'll keep charging that person without moving.

And now the best one. On Tattooine I was in front of the gate to the desert, about to equip my characters in sand people robes, but Bastilla was in her Underwear and normaly everyone ignores this right? Wrong.  This Jawa who was walking about stopped, walked right over to her and I swear he gave a thumbs up!! :)

Then he lifted up his arms in almost a celebratory "Yeah!!!!!" way! Hilarious!  Even better was the fact that Bastilla turned to look in his direction with a disaproving expression and lifted her eyebrows as if to say "Dirty Jawa".  This all may have been conincidence with the different animations cycling through- but combining them it was so realistic and funny.

:o

I'll have to look out for that one the next time I play through, to see if it was random or intended. It would give further credence to things I said about reacting to clothes/weapons, certainly. It would be the 3rd spot in the game where clothes are reacted to, along with the Sand People clothes and the Sith Armor on Taris. It'd be nice if there were more reaction to people running around in underthings, its s illy and someone /should/ make a comment. :D

Whilst fighting that Terentatek in the caves on Korriban, there was a glitch where it was crossing the bridge and would not attack, and instead kept walking in slow motion- it looked like it was moon-walking Michael Jackson style!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Also today i was on Tatoeene in Sand people territory and was trying to get to where the star map is (East dune sea?). And You know how normally you pass through a mountain range and auto-jump when you first step onto it, well this time i was on force speed and ran all the way up this path to the edge of the map.

I had to go back to activate the area change.......

Yet another one. On korriban, the 'aiding lashowe' sidequest. when i killed the tuktaka mother for some reason her corpse turned into the energy stick thing from the Naga shadow tomb puzzle.

It was crazy this thing sticking out of the ground like that :unsure:

On Korriban, after that Sith student kills the rodian, I will often hear the rodian's scream when I walk through that area at later times.

As well as the sound of the force Lightning that the sith used to kill the rodianl.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

What has just happened to me is when i found Mission's brother Griff, i did not take her with me. He said he would go to the space port to supprise her. So when i left the Sand People enclave and transitioned back to the Ebon Hawk. Straight away there was Griff and Mission but she was in her underwear!

Has that happened for any1 else?

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I never took the time to find Griff. Where can I find him?

In the sand people enclave, but u have to wait for lena to show up and then ask about him in the Czerka (sp?) shop.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Guest Fallen Jedi

In the sand people enclave, but u have to wait for lena to show up and then ask about him in the Czerka (sp?) shop.

Iena? Who's she?

Iena? Who's she?

Thats an 'L', Lena, Mission's Brother's Dancer/skank girlfriend.

or it might be spelt Leena (i cant remember or be bothered to find out).