KotOR 2 in general

Jad'en

...has changed and what you hope hasnt.

The original KotOR i found at the beginning was very intense and quite fulfilling to play, as your character woke up with amnesia, you felt like you had it to thus giving you a immediate relationship with your character...

How do you think they will get the same effect put across with your character starting off as a Jedi?

Personally i hope that they havent changed anything to comprimise continuity between the original and itself as if that is destroyed i will find it very hard to relate to the game in any way...

What are YOUR views?

I thought the intensity of the beginning was because of a tighter and more linear story, as opposed to the latter hub-and-spoke generic area feel of the starmap search. What I hope has changed is that it'll actually run on ATI cards........ :angry:

i hope they continue the story line, i thought hte star forge plot itsle fwas fin but the star maps got a bit dumb. the subplots were fairly interesting with you being revan and all, i hope they continue the story and when they make KOTOR 3 they fallow up withRevan or his son. Turn all the games into playable sequencial novels basically.

Too much exposition can be a bad thing; that was one of the things I disliked about Knights of the Old Republic I-- especially with Carth's dialogue towards the beginning. That revealed too much since it basically confirmed the amnesia theory.

The dialogue options had room for improvement. Instead of discussing the philosophy of the Force with the exception of Jolee Bindo and the Sith Academy you are constantly fed regurgitated pieces of rhetoric. It made me skip much of the Jedi enclave bit initially. There was no reasoning, just unquestioned dogma. Still, I wish that the sith characters were not all petty bullies that had no depth (the Sith students, Darth Bandon etc.). Blend the preconceived notions of good and evil a bit or add some Machiavellian scenarios where the ends would justify the means as we see with Jolee's smuggling career.

The pace of the game was fairly cookie-cutter. Your path was set, certain elements had to be achieved in order for the game to progress and basically the dark side game was a carbon copy of the light side game.

For the sequel they should add more intrigue and something besides elementary dialogue. To start off I would surmise that there is some sort of Force inspired vision/dream. It could either be about the past, present or future; so long as it is complete and unambiguous. One aspect of creative writing is showing, not telling, so a vision could accomplish in describing the protagonists life up to this point (past); or give some sort of warning that certain agencies are searching for you not necessarily to kill you but perhaps to offer initiation of some kind (present); or if it must be a future event have it be the rising action not the conclusion as was the case with the visions in KOTOR I with the Star Maps.

I will try to have an openminded opinion as much as possible. TSL will probably not give me the same rush as KotOR did, since i practically knew nothing about the game when i played for the first time.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

One aspect of creative writing is showing, not telling, so a vision could accomplish in describing the protagonists life up to this point  (past); or give some sort of warning that certain agencies are searching for you not necessarily to kill you but perhaps to offer initiation of some kind (present); or if it must be a future event have it be the rising action not the conclusion as was the case with the visions in KOTOR I with the Star Maps.

I agree. I was talking about this a while back but OSW didn't like the idea.

I think TSL will continue on from an interesting story that drew me in.  I also think I'll become attached to the TSL characters like I was to the KOTOR I characters.

GoA... I still hate you ;)

p.s. id kick your A$$ in a break dance fight! word.

;)

GoA has to take a leak on every post i make

I think TSL will continue on from an interesting story that drew me in.  I also think I'll become attached to the TSL characters like I was to the KOTOR I characters.

GoA... I still hate you ;)

p.s. id kick your A$$ in a break dance fight! word.

;)

GoA has to take a leak on every post i make

:lol: Oh I see. :lol: Carry on then.

I agree with you almost completely (except Bastila). After Taris storyline of KOTOR sucked and running for maps was just repetition of Neverwinter Nights

words of power search (but subquests were more interesting in NWN) when I was reading official materials in 2002 I expected something more. My disappointment was nearly as big as my disappointment in 1999 when I saw phantom menace...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I hope the story would draw me in as it did in Kotor1. One thing that irked me was that there were not many subquests because I felt that the subquests helped fleshed out the culture and characters of the people you come into contact with.

The good thing about Taris was there were many subquests which made playing it really interesting and gave you a taste of what life was there like. I hope TSL will have many subquests for each planet and not lump most of them on one planet.

Well you are a Jedi who served under Revan .. So if you played KOTOR you identify yourself with Revan, and therefore that could be a little dangerous, speaking of relating to the charachter! at least in my opinion ..

I loved the intricate dialouge of the first game .. well intricate because of it's extent! the quality of the audio was superb .. and I was thrilled to learn they hadn't changed that! As many others, I became a little bored of running around looking for starmaps .. even though the worlds we were dragged through were nicely done and were very believable (except Korriban)..

I hope they'll leave space for a little more freedom (or roleplaying) this time .. As Schneider said it "The pace of the game was fairly cookie-cutter. Your path was set, certain elements had to be achieved in order for the game to progress and basically the dark side game was a carbon copy of the light side game". Although I know this can be tough in a game .. Which hurts replayvalue (of more than 2 times) in my opinion! even though I have played through it 6 times by now ... ;)

So all in all I hope they improve the beautiful parts of the game (grapichs, audio) if its possible.. and give the players a little more freedom (perhaps only for the dark side)! since no dark lord would allow himself be a pawn like Revan appeared to be in KOTOR1 ..

- Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

Full support! No more leviathan linear bugs!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

If Leviathan would be optional, so be Bastila's downfall (which was unconvincing BTW). And Revan could learn about his past another way... solutions are hundreds

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I hope the graphics engine has been greatly optimized. I hope the story (which I liked in KotOR) has been improved as far as incentive goes. I hope the PC-version gets free mouselook. I hope the maps are much, much bigger this time around. I hope the game doesn't have to load data everytime you enter a building. I hope there's a bigger difference between dark side/light side in KotOR2. I hope the NPC's you meet (and use as henchmen) are interesting, charming and if not - killable. I hope the main quest isn't as linear. I hope there are more sidequests which have an impact on the game itself. I hope the game will be a raving success (among both critics and players) and bring loads of cash to Obsidian's funds.

Amen.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If Leviathan would be optional, so be Bastila's downfall (which was unconvincing BTW). And Revan could learn about his past another way... solutions are hundreds

I only ask for one. :)

Well, the PC could have learned the twist the same way but just a way to prevent Bastila's capture.

Deus Ex spoiled me in that regard. Small elements to the plot could be changed depending on what you did or what you saw. Eg. When your brother Paul asked you to escape, you could have fought the UNATCO troops and Paul would have survived. If you fled, Paul would have died. Your pilot Jock would have lived or died depending on whether or not you realised that the mechanic had placed a bomb on the helicopter.

Since my PC was able to defeat Malak fairly easily, she did not have to interfere (That force stasis while my PC stood still was just stupid) and the entire party could have escaped. Just my two pence.