Gromnir: banned at bio

Gromnir

we tried to make the following post... got auto banned.

"The line between, "Just flavor" and "impacting the game" is blurry and rather subjective, I think."

really? some things seem pretty obvious as being "flavor" aspects. how many of us is linguists? noam chomsky in the crowd tonight is he? have your dwarves speak a distinct and coherent language with its own rational and coherent rules impacts gameplay or story in what way? have your damn dwarves speak norski, but backwards, and who amongst us is gonna know or care... and how on earth would authentic "dwarvish" impact story or gameplay to any recognizable degree.

1) design authentic coat of arms for shield devices. spend lots of time doing so. make sure that all coats of arms that show up in game is appropriate and authentic.

2) lets characters design their own coat of arms in game

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

the truth is that we find this more amusing than getting banned for something real. all the stuff we has gotten away with over the years, and their dumb board does job for 'em... by accident.

*shrug*

is first day we has posted there in months too... maybe we take as a sign.

no biggie... just kinda amusing.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hahahaa. There's an actual auto ban? Wow. Impressive. Just bug 'em, I'm sure they'll let ya back on.. as long as you promise no to sue Hitch****'s name in vain again. :lol:

Did they install that after my trolling spree or something? I can't count how many censored words I said in that bout of juevenile delinquency. :rolleyes:

I got autobanned too the other day, its an idiotic function.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Maybe, BIO is as evil as China and how they go about limiting chidlren in families. That's what the auto ban is for. The baords cazn't take the million + posters so they the auto ban does their work for them. ;)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Well, Bio has always been moderated by thin skinned peeps and the developers their have a good chunck of hubris in them. Bio Boards are just there to gratify Bioware's ego and not for any real discussion about their games.

Auto-banned is just silly and lazy. If they want to ban someone they need to do the work themselves.

So what? You can't even say the US Vice-president's name in this forum:

**** Cheney.

Maybe the Bio auto-banner is now registered to ban all mention of the word "Gromnir" and that's where the confusion lies? :)

"If it wasn't a joke then you sure live up to what people say about you around here..."

Wow. People speak about me? I'm nott hat important. I'ma lsoer. Deal with it. i do. :)

As for comparing BIO to China; that was a joke. Limiting how many children a family can have for *any* reason is wrong. Period. That doesn't mean all China is abd. in fact, China is overall cool; but like any country including my own it has it share of wrong policies. taht is one of them..

Anyways, this is about Grom being banned; not any China grievances..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

the ban were lifted almost immediately. we not even email somebody at bio before it were lifted by derek french of all peoples.

as we said already, this were not a big deal... were just kinda funny. we recognize the reasons for the auto ban feature, and the inconveniences that results when folks mentions alfred hitchc0ck and charles d!ckens and other famous personages with language filter unfriendly names.

personally, we would have thought that a language filter such as this board uses would be enough of prophylactic for most peoples, but we ain't particularly bothered by the auto ban at bio.

were just an amusing little incident.

HA! Good Fun!