Smoother Fighting Transitions

I know this can't be put in this KOTOR but maybe it could be considered for the next build (Assuming there will be one :blink:).

Anyway, I like the fighting system but it could look a little smoother. I know that it is turn based so its hard to make it this way but I have an idea to help that (For Jedi fights anyway).

It

With guns we could have the jedi doing a blocking animation, the gunner aiming at his head. This would be cool in certain situations, with two blaster-wielders holding their guns to the other guy's head (as seen in just about every film ever).

With guns we could have the jedi doing a blocking animation, the gunner aiming at his head. This would be cool in certain situations, with two blaster-wielders holding their guns to the other guy's head (as seen in just about every film ever).

That could work but what if the gunner is 15ft away? Also this is just for the in-between pause. In the first game one person would fight, then there was a pause in the action and then the other person would attack. I'd just like to see some animation within that pause so the fight doesn't seem so turn-based.

I'd like to see maybe the fighting a little more based on stats. Then again, the forms might do that.

What i'm thinking is if you have a str 18 and dex 10 you do alot of heavy heavy swings and stuff.

They are implementing something like that. You'll see your Jedi being more agile and better with his/her weapon the more advanced the PC becomes. I hope it works like what your talking about though.

What i'm thinking is if you have a str 18 and dex 10 you do alot of heavy heavy swings and stuff.

see, I never got that part. The light saber can cut through pretty much anything, right? So what's the point of swinging really hard? I'd imagine speed and agility wins the day.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

Only with vong and probably really thick durasteel. Besides, it's always done for effect. In jedi power battles, why did plo koon do more damage than everyone else but still cut a droid in half in 3 swings? It's just one of those mysteries.

Oh and Btw, speed is probably the most valuable. I think you would like form 4 (if i remember the ordrer right).