Most suprising movie ever?

The point I was making was that if you can write an entire thesis on one song, I'm sure you can find just about any "references" you want to find in a movie. Some people have even managed to find predictions about 9/11 by reading the bible upside down, using a complex formula while eating cooked bananas.

I'm aware The Matrix is full of neat little extra details, but what's the point? It's ironic though.. Aren't you the same people who wrote that Fahrenheit 9/11 was just a bunch of lies? But The Matrix on the other hand..

This is kind of what that swedish guy did to The River:

http://artisanitorium.thehydden.com/nonfic...film/matrix.htm

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm aware The Matrix is full of neat little extra details, but what's the point?

What do you mean "What's the point"? The Matrix is a film that questions reality, that makes it's own myths - it creates a world. Like any fiction, be it book or film.

It's a philosophy dressed up in flashy clothes. It's psychology without the boring bits, it's a study of religious esoterica.

I think The Matrix is an incredibly intelligent and clever trilogy. Over three films, the Wachowski's didn't quite keep it together and it did stumble and falter here and there. But I think the overall result was great and certainly to be commended.

It's ironic though.. Aren't you the same people who wrote that Fahrenheit 9/11 was just a bunch of lies? But The Matrix on the other hand..

No, it's not ironic at all as you most certainly have me confused with somebody else.

newlogo.gif

I'm aware The Matrix is full of neat little extra details, but what's the point? It's ironic though.. Aren't you the same people who wrote that Fahrenheit 9/11 was just a bunch of lies? But The Matrix on the other hand.

Farenheit 9/11 was supposed to be a documentary, The Matrix is science fiction. I have no idea where you are coming from on this one.

I don't think the message should be discarded because of the medium. I didn't look to the Matrix for my personal philosophy, it's true. Still, movies can be thought provoking. I'd rather read a book most of the time, but I've found a lot to think about in a lot of films.

The Matrix has a ton of symbols. If you're like me, and I suspect mkreku and I are quite alike in this respect, you don't look to the matrix for anything more than a fun action film. That doesn't mean that JN' or Phosphor are somehow substandard for finding something more in the film. Hell, it might say something quite good for them.

After all, one of my favorite set of books is the Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper. It's a young adult book set I first read in Junior High School. A child's book or an action film... *shrug* We have to think about something, I suppose. Getting a thought or two from an action film is not so great a sin as getting no thought at all.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

My vote would be on "Shawshank redemption". At first, i thought it another half-assed Stephen King movie, but instead, it turned out to be one of the best movies i've ever seen, right up in the same division as The Godfather, Apocalypse Now and One flew over the cuckoo's nest.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"My vote would be on "Shawshank redemption". At first, i thought it another half-assed Stephen King movie, but instead, it turned out to be one of the best movies i've ever seen, right up in the same division as The Godfather, Apocalypse Now and One flew over the cuckoo's nest."

I also loved that movie^^ I may just watch it agian tonight.

Ambrosia3.gif

I have to see Boondock Saints again.  It was both funny and sad.  What a great film.

Indeed, highly recommended.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy