Lightsaber Lighting

One of the things I didn't enjoy in the original it that the lightsabers didn't cast any light of the ground/wall/ect. For instance, when I first played I drew my lightsaber when I entered the crystal cave on Dantooine (sp?). I expected it to light the pathway so I could see where I was walking easier, but it didn't give off any light.

I think it would be cool if in KOTOR II, when you activate your lightsaber (red or blue or whatever) that it light the area some, especailly in the dark areas.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

AHHH another already done topic... Next time please search for the long thread with more information than can possibly be given here.

Anyway, they said it would be incredibly difficulty graphics wise to make lightsabers give off light past a certain range.

AHHH another already done topic... Next time please search for the long thread with more information than can possibly be given here.

Anyway, they said it would be incredibly difficulty graphics wise to make lightsabers give off light past a certain range.

The Xbox Dosn't have The raw power of the PC, So I'm Hopin they put Lightsaber lighting in the PC version regardliss if they do for xbox of not. ;)

Also they said that the reason it was hard to do was because the engine only uses the X (think it was 5) closest light sources when iluminating objects. Which made some scenes look very odd with lightsaber lighting enabled. So basicaly the problem isn't the "power" of the platform, but the engine itself.

Well lighting for a lightsaber wasn't in the previous game.. And I didn't really notice a huge con of it not being there.. Not like it makes the game way less enjoyable IMO.

But hopefully for KotORIII if its made it has a brand new engine made for it or something.. Xbox 2 launch title with an Xbox 2 optimizing engine would be SWEEET. lol.

Ambrosia3.gif

Yeah, I think that they may get a new engine for KOTOR III. I know this engine is good, but the way they talk I think they have pushed it to it's limit for TSL and there won't be much to improve for the next KOTOR.

Then again, I remember them saying they were creating TSL story before KOTOR I even came out. So we could assume that they'll be starting KOTOR III pretty soon.

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

I hope they do KotOR 3... And make it PC only! That way we can have the game's full potential, an epic like BG2... only with star wars! :D

Thats a terrible idea I dont plan spending $500 on a new graphics card for the sake of a 1 game when i could get that game on xbox for only $50

Yeah, I think that they may get a new engine for KOTOR III. I know this engine is good, but the way they talk I think they have pushed it to it's limit for TSL and there won't be much to improve for the next KOTOR.

Then again, I remember them saying they were creating TSL story before KOTOR I even came out. So we could assume that they'll be starting KOTOR III pretty soon.

Craftsman, I think his name was said they were starting to build a new engine for Kotor III maybe he just saying that, I have no clue.

The Xbox Dosn't have The raw power of the PC, So I'm Hopin they put Lightsaber lighting in the PC version regardliss if they do for xbox of not.

As that may be true, I believe the devs them self say they are way over memory and are looking for things to cut. So Lightsaber lighting and smaller thing like hoods might be taken out. We don't know what their taking out, hell we barely know much of what their putting in, besides speculation.

Evolutionary Development