Better choices for DS

I hope that in KOTOR II, DS characters will have more options on how to play their characters. In KOTOR, you basically started off with petty thuggery (rolling a guy for 100 credits), then moved on to actual thuggery, before finally committing heinous acts of evil (i.e. with Zaalbar and Mission). Throw in a little bit of bounty hunting in there.

I'd like to be, y'know, dark, menacing, but generally honorable. I would like to believe in will to power without stooping to childish threats.

I hope that in KOTOR II, DS characters will have more options on how to play their characters.  In KOTOR, you basically started off with petty thuggery (rolling a guy for 100 credits), then moved on to actual thuggery, before finally committing heinous acts of evil (i.e. with Zaalbar and Mission).  Throw in a little bit of bounty hunting in there.

I'd like to be, y'know, dark, menacing, but generally honorable.  I would like to believe in will to power without stooping to childish threats.

It isn't so much a matter of being honorable in my mind, as being able to be evil without having to act like a purse-snatching dummy. Vader didn't have to yell at Tarkin to give him a raise to keep his DS points up. ;)

I believe Obsidian already said they were going to address this issue.

I hope that in KOTOR II, DS characters will have more options on how to play their characters.  In KOTOR, you basically started off with petty thuggery (rolling a guy for 100 credits), then moved on to actual thuggery, before finally committing heinous acts of evil (i.e. with Zaalbar and Mission).  Throw in a little bit of bounty hunting in there.

I'd like to be, y'know, dark, menacing, but generally honorable.  I would like to believe in will to power without stooping to childish threats.

Since the devs stated that KotOR II is to KotOR I, is like The Empire Strikes Back is to A New Hope, DS will be better from a gameplay-standpoint.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

As an aside, I didn't mind the "thuggery" aspect on Taris, mainly because, well, that's what my character basically was. At the time, I didn't have Force skills and thus wasn't trying to be a DS character, I was trying to be a "bad" guy.

The thuggery aspect only started to seem out of character and badly portrayed when I had become and Jedi and still kept acting like a petty thief.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The thing with the DS in KotOR was the NPC's didn't fear me. They must have been thinking 'what a loser,' I want to strike terror into the NPC's with my mere presence damn it! :ph34r:

IMO, there was only one moment where Bio got the DS absolutely, dead-on, right. When Bastila does the holocommunication with Admiral Dodonna and she is about to make the order to withdraw. Bastila looks to Revan who smirks and shakes his head very slightly. That was a definite "yes!" moment for me, where Revan's evil really seemed to be present.

Almost everywhere else in the game....meh. <_<

I think the thuggery/ bounty hunting made sense before you where a jedi but once you become a jedi/dark jedi/sith then you should be able to sort of act like Dooku or Sidious....heinous plans of evil and death. Complex plans that few others could comprehend except the villain! And best of all you send others to do the dirty work as you sit back and make fun of the stupidity of the good guys.

I for one would like to have a Sidious like character, he isn't messed with. And not because he can kick your ass(even though he can), but because he is just that evil for coming up with such a sinister plan of slaughter and massacre....and he enjoys it! The truth is Sith dont result to thuggery because they are too bad for that, they could slaughter the masses and take there money but where is the power/control with that? A sith's one goal is to become the most powerful person ever to live, power is the only true thing of value to them...not credits...and sending other sith to do the dirty work shows there power/control over that person....and an ultimate goal of any sith is to rule the universe, that is the ultimate form of power/control.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Whenever you threatened the people in the lodge on Tatooene demanding money from them they just gave you 10 credits to get rid of you, like you would a begger.

They didn't exactly fear you did they.

<_< Exactly! I felt like a little townie running around with my bottle of white cider terrorizing old women, not a dark lord of the sith. :angry:

The most annoying thing was at the Sith academy.

You have killed their master and/or his second in command and these sith scum thought they could make a stand against you, instead of pleading for their lifes :angry:

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Basically despite agree with you ass to the petty thuggery notion, it sound like alot of you would like to be a ls jedi but have ds powers

Remember that to be "evil" you are going to be a bit of an ass, not honorable

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Thing is if you are going to be evil, you need to be truly evil. basic thug is not evil. I am talking about having a poor smuck chained to the wall and peeling one layer of flesh off at a time, then use a rock salt grinding wheel to whittle his or her limbs away, just for fun.

True evil is to diabolically plot out the fall of someone, not out of gain but for the pleasure of seeing their lives crumble before them as the take their own life in the utter despair that you cast them in.

Of course such situations will never happen in this game. :rolleyes:

ya but you have start somewhere, Hitler started by urinating on his niece before he conquered europe

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ya this is before he.......can kids get on this and read the post? :rolleyes:

well lets just say he didn't stop with urinating

I kinda didn't mind the petty thief thing, honestly. That's what most "evil" people are. Cowards.

I think it'd be highly cool, though, to be able to play an honourable evil character. Not like MUHAHAHA! I AM EVIL BECAUSE I CAN! But something like, "I'm doing this because it's what I believe in and it makes sense." KOTOR 1 had the first point. I'm hoping KOTOR 2 doesn't repeat that, because hey, when you have a cause it doesn't matter whose side you're on. ;)

Fnord.

ok what if you coudl choke your NPC's when they back talk to you or give em a lil lighting shock, eventually turning them to the DS and having them be your stooges.

-ALthough teh repercusssions of theis would probably mean an almost complete split from the Lightside story line, but maybe not.

It woudl also be neat if you could take out soem towns people and force information of of them by strangling them or torturign them or theri family if your DS, or doing them a favor such as licking their kitchen clean with your tongue and then watering their flowers as LS.

That would be really evil I think B)

You would spread the terror wherever you go, maybe you could create a reputation for yourself. ;)

For certain it would make the DS much more interesting to play.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom