Is the whole 'last known Jedi' thing kinda lame?

You'll soon find out that the white haired chick was only a figment of your sex-starved Jedi imagination and that you've been alone the whole time. Unfortunately, you can't say the same for Atton Rand, who is still terribly, horribly real.

An outcast and exile is known while active Jedi aren't?  That is just stupid.

Not known to people in the world of the game including your character. Of course, it's known outside the game. What would the fun be otherwise? Unless you know the story of the game and how it unfolds, you can't really jump to any conclusions.

But this idea still sounds to me like the first Star Wars movies. All the Jedi were destroyed. Obi-Wan Kenobi is in hiding, known only as Old Ben, a strange hermit in the hills, to some people on Tatooine. Yoda was in hiding completely.

You'll soon find out that the white haired chick was only a figment of your sex-starved Jedi imagination and that you've been alone the whole time. Unfortunately, you can't say the same for Atton Rand, who is still terribly, horribly real.

A little too Fight Clubish.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

:lol:

I think two things are more important.

A)Why was the character in exile?

B)Why are the Sith so afraid of you?

Are they one the same? Or different?

Exactly, there's probably a lot more to the story than you being an ex-Jedi, eventhough the introduction sounds a bit lame.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Exactly, there's probably a lot more to the story than you being an ex-Jedi

The one-million-dollar-question is what that might be, through ;)

Was the main chara perhaps an imortant commander under Revan or something like that? Was he unusally strong in the Force? Or what is/was it that set him apart fromt he others and/or makes him soimportant now, important enough for some murderous Sith Assassins to come after you?

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Exactly, there's probably a lot more to the story than you being an ex-Jedi

The one-million-dollar-question is what that might be, through ;)

Was the main chara perhaps an imortant commander under Revan or something like that? Was he unusally strong in the Force? Or what is/was it that set him apart fromt he others and/or makes him soimportant now, important enough for some murderous Sith Assassins to come after you?

Who knows, i sencerily hope that MCA has written a good back-story to it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

A)Why was the character in exile?

B)Why are the Sith so afraid of you?

I bet your character might have been high ranked when Revan and Malak fought the Mandalorians. They might be a part of the reason you where exiled or something.

Also they might be afraid you know their little secrets ;) .

Evolutionary Development

Hmm, this makes me wonder if our main character will know of his past and thus tell it to other party members when asked... Imagine for example Atris asking us how it was to partiparticle in the Mandalorian war and following Revan and Malak...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I mean, for god's sakes, we'll be meeting another Jedi within the first few minutes of the game, we see images of the white-haired chick with a lightsaber splashed across every preview.....Why are these people any less 'known' than we are? If anything, I'd think they would be more known, considering our character has been in exile and they haven't. Wouldn't it be better to just say 'the Jedi Order is fragmented and broken'?

The white haired chick and other jedi know they should be keeping a low profile. They are trying to not bring attention to themselves. Our character shows up from exile not knowing he should be keeping a low profile starts asking questions and visiting different places which draws attention to himself. The Sith starts looking for this known jedi. Maybe the reason we meet the white haired chick so fast because we attract her attention and she found our character.

Well thats what I get from it. Its a better plot line, if all the sith are after you.

True,yet I get there feeling that sith being after is more then it makes a decent plot. There's a reason behind it that will play into things I think.

An outcast and exile is known while active Jedi aren't? That is just stupid.

You're looking at it from the point of view of someone "outside" the story. You have info that if you were "in" the story you would not have. The Sith Lords that are "in" the story have no info on the other Jedi. As to why they know about the MC and why he/she is so important/a reason to be afraid has yet to be seen. An example of this would be Obi-wan and Yoda both of which were thought to be dead.

Someone help me out,I should know this but for the life I can't remember the term. This style being used is used a lot in writing,it allows the reader/watcher of the story in on info that the characters actually in do not have. *ponders*

I bet your character might have been high ranked when Revan and Malak fought the Mandalorians. They might be a part of the reason you where exiled or something.

Being placed in exile because of the war I can some what see. Though I think the character would have had to done something major in the war to be kicked out.

I think it will be easyer to play the game and find out, rather then rack our brains and guess what the plot will be. Sure hope it comes out in December, but more importantly, I hope it comes out compeleted and astonishingly wonderful.

-Out of sight out of mind.