Is the whole 'last known Jedi' thing kinda lame?

I mean, for god's sakes, we'll be meeting another Jedi within the first few minutes of the game, we see images of the white-haired chick with a lightsaber splashed across every preview.....Why are these people any less 'known' than we are? If anything, I'd think they would be more known, considering our character has been in exile and they haven't. Wouldn't it be better to just say 'the Jedi Order is fragmented and broken'?

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I mean, for god's sakes, we'll be meeting another Jedi within the first few minutes of the game, we see images of the white-haired chick with a lightsaber splashed across every preview.....Why are these people any less 'known' than we are? If anything, I'd think they would be more known, considering our character has been in exile and they haven't. Wouldn't it be better to just say 'the Jedi Order is fragmented and broken'?

:huh: I guess that would work. :unsure:

It's a story telling angle. The players have information that the game characters do not because they're "outside" the story. The Sith don't know about the other Jedi,they for some reason or another which is sure to be explained,feel not only is your character the last Jedi alive but that he/she is worth spending a lot of time and effort(pry credits too) hunting down. The other Jedi they either think are dead or have new clue about.

There's a name for that kind of angle and I'm upset at myself for not being able to think of it at the moment. :unsure:

I'm not sure... Sure, there'll be other Jedi in the game, but they may have keept a low profile until your coming. The Sith might have used the guidance of the Dark side to find you and since it doesn't pick up any other signals (the other Jedi-in-hiding are probably protecting themselves from those things, while your character is just sleeping there, not having a clue of that he has been found by darksiders who've found him just because that he doesn't have any protection) they only find you and thus believe that you're the last Jedi...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

The other Jedi have done a good job of hiding (i.e. Obi-Wan and Yoda in the original trilogy) or are not as "famous" as the pc might be. If you did something to be exiled then chances are it was something really big and the Sith will know allabout it and you.

iceman1731.jpg

Is the whole 'last known Jedi' thing kinda lame?, I think so...

You're... but they... maybe the...

Yeah. It's a little lame. I hope Obsidian explains it better. Rationalizing these things isn't in my job description.

Well, obviously youre not the only jedi. But its a story gimmick. And if it serves to make the character more distinctive or the game better in any fashion, Im all for it.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I have absolute and complete faith in MCA to do a damn good storyline <3

Yee of little faith.

Oh, trust me, I have absolute faith in MCA's story...whatever it may be. They've made it clear that there's a heavy emphasis on story; the last time MCA did that, we got Torment.

But that doesn't mean I can't criticize things in the story's description that don't add up. :unsure:

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

I Think this is the main issue here, this is what we should be looking at, silversun

*A)Why are you exiled

B)Why are the sith afraid of you

And are bolth connected?*

has some good points and maybe even some plot line. And its ovious isn't it, the whole of the jedi were attacked at one time and the sith(over confidence is there downfall) thought they killed all the jedi in that attack, well some of them got away(oviously), its the perfect coverage, if some one thinks your dead they wouldn't go looking for you would they?? Well thats what I get from it. Its a better plot line, if all the sith are after you.

-Do not try, DO!! There is no try, just do.

It sounds lame when we don't know much at all. This last known jedi thing seemed to e a huge generalization and synopsis. And if they make it work, I don't care how lame it sounds.

Your exactly right.

-Do not try, DO!! There is no try, only do.

I never thought the revelation that Vader was Luke's father at all was lame at all. In fact it was a pretty big surprise since until that time we were led to beleive that Vader had killed Anakin.

The 'last known Jedi' thing is lame because it's a retread of a storyline from the first trilogy and it's somewhat cliche. Of course, like you said, they may still be able to craft a good storyline on top of that in spite of that.

If your character is the last jedi how do the explain the white hair chickie?  The story does sound a bit hokie, but then again I don't have any faith. I deal with facts.

Evidently you don't dumbass, since the operative term was last known jedi. :lol:

manthing2.jpg