I, Robot

'JN

I saw this last night. It was definitely worth six dollars.

I know a lot of people have been complaining about the movie (long before any of them saw it) because it's not "faithful" to Asimov's work. Not having read much Asimov, I can't comment, but I can say that based purely on its own merits, the movie is good. Excellent CGI work, good writing, and lots of satisfying action. It's one of the better sci-fi movies of late.

Like Troy, this movie may get hammered by critics and bookworms alike because of its departure from its origins, but pretty much everyone else will appreciate it for what it is: fun.

I've been wondering abut something.. Is the film called I, Robot because all the robots look like inflated Imacs?

I haven't seen the movie, but there are a lot of trailers running for it now and the robots suck. I've seen scarier dustbunnies underneath my bed.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've been wondering abut something.. Is the film called I, Robot because all the robots look like inflated Imacs?

I haven't seen the movie, but there are a lot of trailers running for it now and the robots suck. I've seen scarier dustbunnies underneath my bed.

Heh. Amusing observation.

The robots aren't supposed to be scary, that's kind of the point. They are designed to be benevolent and useful assistants to humans; they are supposed to be non-violent (it's one of the Rules Of Robotics). Making them look scary would be rather contrary to the premise of the story.

I do have some pretty scary dustbunnies roaming the house right now.. So I better tend to the hauswerk.

newlogo.gif

Not it is called I, Robot because they used the title of a short story collection by Isaac Asimov, used the Three Laws of Robotics from the book, and the names of some of the characters from the book. It's not one of the stories from the collection though and I doubt from the trailers it is even aspiring to be.

Well, I have just seen the movie, it isn't aasimov but it isn't at all bad. I would reccomend it to anyone just looking to have some fun for a couple hours.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

I've been a steady and faithful asimov fan. As such, I've read I-Robot at least twice when I was a teenager. I saw the trailer for the movie and I don't quite recall the book being this violent...

either way, I'll go see it.

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.