Apparentices

Would you like to have an apparentice and more as a Sith or a Jedi?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have an apparentice and more as a Sith or a Jedi?

• Apprentice as a Sith
    • Apprentice as a Jedi
    • Dont want 1 as they would slow me down!

Well, thats the natural way of the DS. Youd just have to kill him/her off. I might feel a small pang, though I doubt it. :lol:

Well, I think that you won't necressiary have fight your apparentice if DS. It may depend on various things like how smooth of a talker you are or how much he/she admire/obey you, etc... It's not impossible you might even be able to choose to just subdue him/her and then things go back to "normal"...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Yes but being able to corrupt some1 who is on the path of the light and making them ur apprentice will be so much fun!!!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Well, I think that you won't necressiary have fight your apparentice if DS. It may depend on various things like how smooth of a talker you are or how much he/she admire/obey you, etc... It's not impossible you might even be able to choose to just subdue him/her and then things go back to "normal"...

Hmm. Good point.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I just hope that u can take an apprentice. I know u got one in the first game but that was right at the end and you did not teach them anything. If you do get to have one in TSL then i hope u can actually train them (to a certain extent).

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Hmm. Good point.

Well, that's just what I believe.. I don't think every Sith there is has turned on his/her master. Yes, it does happen occasionally, especially since it's a part of the tradition, if you are to believe what they say at the Sith Academy. But it had depends on a number of things.

Besides, your character won't be a Sith (or at least not until you get a prestige class). A dark sider, yes, but not a Sith, so technically you wouldn't be bound by Sith Tradition :lol:. Besides, examples of where the Master just subdues an apparentice who tries to replace him/her has been seen before...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Hmm.  Good point.

Well, that's just what I believe.. I don't think every Sith there is has turned on his/her master. Yes, it does happen occasionally, especially since it's a part of the tradition, if you are to believe what they say at the Sith Academy. But it had depends on a number of things.

Besides, your character won't be a Sith (or at least not until you get a prestige class). A dark sider, yes, but not a Sith, so technically you wouldn't be bound by Sith Tradition :lol:. Besides, examples of where the Master just subdues an apparentice who tries to replace him/her has been seen before...

If they are DS aswell then once they feel that they have become better than u they are wont want to follow u. They will want to lead! So they will try to get rid of you!

I dont think its done because of tradition. Its done because they are power hungry, so it become tradition. But tradition or not it would still happen.

If they are DS aswell then once they feel that they have become better than u they are wont want to follow u. They will want to lead! So they will try to get rid of you!

I dont think its done because of tradition. Its done because they are power hungry, so it become tradition. But tradition or not it would still happen.

Well, in a wolf pack, the strongest wolf rules the pack. Sometimes younger ones challenge him and if he defeats them, things go back to normal,. If he's defeated, however, he might be exiled. same with lions, I think. The point is that I think that as long as you can keep your apparentice in check, not much will happen.

Hmm, I wonder about that. It seems like Vader never openly opposed his master. Maybe he would have if Luke had joined him, but otherwise he knew that he wouldn't be strong enough to oppose the emperor. But he was loyal to him for a very long time and when he finailly opposed him it was not because that he wanted more power but because that he wanted to save his son. But then, again... The Emperor and Vader both followed the traditions set by Darth Bane, so they might have been of another kind than the Sith in KOTOR 1 & 2. The funny thing is that Darksiders in the movies and the EU beyond the movies (like for example Sedriss in Dark Empire) seem more loyal to their masters/mistresses than the Sith in the KOTOR games are (can't speak for the comics of that age; haven't read any of them).

With the way the DS works u have to expect betrayal.

Of course. I ain't naive :lol:. But I hope that we will, even if we're darksiders, be able to solve that without killing the apparentice. That'd be a pity :/.

Yes, you always have to be on guard, never to reveal any weaknesses. That's the way of Sith (taken from your training at the academy at Korriban).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Of course. I ain't naive :lol:. But I hope that we will, even if we're darksiders, be able to solve that without killing the apparentice. That'd be a pity :/.

That there is a sign of weakness!

Nope, just being practical. Killing off your own just weakens you since it leaves less people to stand in your enemies path ;p. Wasn't think kinda how Darth Bane reasoned? He knew that things went badly for the Sith because that they couldn't remain united...

Nope, just being practical. Killing off your own just weakens you since it leaves less people to stand in your enemies path ;p. Wasn't think kinda how Darth Bane reasoned? He knew that things went badly for the Sith because that they couldn't remain united...

I agree with that but i dont think a true Sith would.

I agree with that but i dont think a true Sith would.

Probably so. So, this means that you'll just have to keep your apaprentice away from the "bad" parts of the Sith traditions XD. But we'll see what happens in the game :blink:.

Yes we will.

And as their Master you can teach them what u like!

Yes we will.

And as their Master you can teach them what u like!

Hmm, teach them things? Then we might as well teach them to steal candy from children.. teach them to kill old men and take old ladies money... :p

Teach them to be like this? ;)

As soon as the apprentice gets too powerful, we'll kill him. Malak was a fool to let Revan alive on the Leviathan. And if he had waited with trying to kill Revan, Revan would have taught him much more so eventually he might have became more powerful. He even considered on the Star forge to take Revan as an apprentice. Ha! Revan was always the true Dark Lord.

If I was that cowardly to attack like Malak did, I would've made the ship nothing but debris. That's the problem with todays baddies, they have the chance to kill 'em in one shot but they are too damn ****y. That's why the next generation's villians. will be smarter.

Evolutionary Development

If I was that cowardly to attack like Malak did, I would've made the ship nothing but debris. That's the problem with todays baddies, they have the chance to kill 'em in one shot but they are too damn ****y. That's why the next generation's villians. will be smarter.

Oh no! :p

Right. As opposed to just being a contrived plot device.

Sorry lost u there!