Moraly grey areas

I always felt he killed her based on anger because she was a sith spy pumping him for information. Then he just wanted to escape punishment both because he didnt want to die or be imprisoned and because he didnt want the Republic to lose kolto priveleges. Everyone has their boiling point and their price.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Well, if you confront Sunry after finding the video, he will confess to killing the Sith, but claim that you shouldn't share the evidence as that will harm the Republic. If you give the video to the judges, he's taken away for execution. However, if you just say that he is guilty and confessed to you, the trial will go on as normal, with the potential to get the best result for the Republic. Regardless, though, Sunry was guilty.

I always passed him off as innocent however. I felt it was better to let one guilty person free than to let thousands of innocents suffer from loss of kolto.

I find it kind of sad

Well, if you confront Sunry after finding the video, he will confess to killing the Sith, but claim that you shouldn't share the evidence as that will harm the Republic. If you give the video to the judges, he's taken away for execution. However, if you just say that he is guilty and confessed to you, the trial will go on as normal, with the potential to get the best result for the Republic. Regardless, though, Sunry was guilty.

We know that. What we're saying is that Sunry is innocent but somehow the quest was incomplete. Alot of evidence points towards that. infact, all the evidence does pretty much.

P.S. Hades, what are you talking about?

I believe hes trying to say Star Wars is classic good vs evil and thus neutrality and any situation where the decision between right and wrong is unclear does not belong.

I find it kind of sad

Sunry's quest was a test over what's the truth worth. Do you convict a man who's a Republic war hero? Damaging the Republic in the process? Do you serve justice or do you serve the Republic. Would you have come to a different conclusion if the victim was not a Sith? Does the fact that the victim was a Sith, but not only a sith, but a Dark Jedi, have bearing upon your decision?

I quite liked the quest's test of moral character, however I did not enjoy all the running around it entailed. While more interesting than the general Fedex quests there's a limit to how many times you run back and forth.

A test of moral character fits very very well into the Dark/light binary nature of the Star Wars Universe.

Always seemed like a bit much to have him killed. Considering what the sith were doing on the planet the death of one Sith (Jedi or not) didn't bother me that much. Was more how he killed her that bugged me.

How else would an old cripple non-Force user was going to take out a young, spry force user?

Playing through KOTOR you had options of how to deal with certain situations.

There was usually the obviously lightside way to do things- give that woman money for her wraid plate.

and the dark side way to do things- provoke those two families into killing each other.

What I liked about KOTOR, and what made it stand out from other games was that there were some situations where it really wasn't clear what you were suppost to do.

For example take the sidequest 'a wookie lost'- what was the 'right' thing to do then? Allow the innocent old wook to die to preserve the good image of a hero

or save his life but destroy the inspirational figure for the wookie village?

There wasn't an obvious 'good' way to solve it.

Then you have the woman with the missing droid on dantooene. The droid is being, erm 'misused' :p and asks you to kill him. What to do?

Is it right to destroy a droid? Do you send him back to a life of missery?

This kind of grey moral choices was a great feature and would add more to TSL light/dark features. Or do people prefer having clear-cut light and dark methods?

ya and the jolee friends quest, and the thing about you being revan

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

On the Trial, Sunry was guilty.

I took what I found out to mean;

He kills her, the Republic cover it up (he tells you this after you confront him with the tape).

The Sith find out and frame him for a crime he actually commited.

So hes been framed and IS guilty.

Its not orally grey either;

You fight for Justice(even if it harms the Republic) or the self-interest of the Republic over justice(Dark-side, even if it harms the Sith).

You fight for Justice(even if it harms the Republic) or the self-interest of the Republic over justice(Dark-side, even if it harms the Sith).

It's not really a matter of black and white in this case. The sith were far from playing nice and fair. Didn't make what he did right but when you have two wrongs and no real right,which wrong do you pick?

Morally grey situations to all their glory, but what i want is the true seduction of the dark side, i.e. you think that you just handled the situation correctly, only finding out that you just made things even more fubar.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Morally grey situations to all their glory, but what i want is the true seduction of the dark side, i.e. you think that you just handled the situation correctly, only finding out that you just made things even more fubar.

Could be interesting to see something along those lines.

(Ani and the Tuskens...poor little baby Tuskens... :lol: )

On my first game when I played light side I got Sunry off, because (after much debating with myself) I decided that it was the defense lawyer's duty to defend his client to the best of his abilities even if his client is guilty.

Normally yes, but you (and you alone) have the proof of the truth (thats hes guilty).

Surely justice is served by you handing over the evidence, though you could in theory (though not the game) attempt to defend him bu justifying the murder.

Sunry was guilty of murdering her, thats a fact. Whether he was justified in doing it is something else, but he did murder her in cold blood and that makes him guilty (To my LS character). To my darkside character, I saw his cold-blooded murder as a nice reflection on myself, so I made people lie in order to get him off. If I'm lucky, he might kill again.

*cackle*