Moraly grey areas

Playing through KOTOR you had options of how to deal with certain situations.

There was usually the obviously lightside way to do things- give that woman money for her wraid plate.

and the dark side way to do things- provoke those two families into killing each other.

What I liked about KOTOR, and what made it stand out from other games was that there were some situations where it really wasn't clear what you were suppost to do.

For example take the sidequest 'a wookie lost'- what was the 'right' thing to do then? Allow the innocent old wook to die to preserve the good image of a hero

or save his life but destroy the inspirational figure for the wookie village?

There wasn't an obvious 'good' way to solve it.

Then you have the woman with the missing droid on dantooene. The droid is being, erm 'misused' ;) and asks you to kill him. What to do?

Is it right to destroy a droid? Do you send him back to a life of missery?

This kind of grey moral choices was a great feature and would add more to TSL light/dark features. Or do people prefer having clear-cut light and dark methods?

Well, I like the grey missions/areas of KOTOR 1 that there was and hopefully we shall see more in KOTOR 2 - for example, take the queen of Onderon - she supports the Republic, but she could still be a tyrannic ruler. Would it then be the right choice to help the locals put her out of action, meaning that the Republic would be somewhat weakened since they'd not gain any more support from Onderon, or would it be right to instead help her gain a more firm control of Onderon, thus ensuring her support to the Republic but letting the population of Onderon suffer?

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

I agree. There should be more situation that require more thought to resolve.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Lets hope so.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Grey areas are only grey if you see them as such. For example, in 'a wookie lost' I saw only one right choice. A person's life is worth more than another's reputation. Besides, reputations live on despite facts, Columbus started the slave trade and died in prison, Washington and Jefferson both owned slaves, and Lincoln had a hand in the genocide of Native Americans.

For the droid, I didn't kill him or send him back.

As for being 'realistic', my life isn't filled with morally gray choices. I've never had to choose between hitting one sister with a train or five strangers. No one has ever asked me to donate my heart to save a dying violinist. Most people just have to make a choice between what's convenient to them and what's morally right.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Sunry's trial was a very good moral dilema (Is it your duty to defend Sunry or see justice done?) Hopefully KOTOR2 will have things like it.

Err.. Sunry was innocent.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I greatly enjoyed the morally grey situations. The only problem is there were only situations where one option was a bit better than the others (the Droid probably, I never got the final solution to Sunry, the Wookie thing...ect...). It would be nice if there were decisions (not many) where no matter what things were bad, or they were equally good, or equally bad. Making those decisions are what makes a jedi.

Then there should also be choices where you can make the wrong decision and have to live with the conswquences, sort of like that murder investigation on Dantooine. If you didnt find both guilty, I think the Jedi took over.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Sunry's trial was a very good moral dilema (Is it your duty to defend Sunry or see justice done?) Hopefully KOTOR2 will have things like it.

He was? But you find that tape of him murdering her. And there's nothing in the sith base or embassy to help you defend him.

He was? But you find that tape of him murdering her. And there's nothing in the sith base or embassy to help you defend him.

I couldn't find anything to refute the video evidence.

No, I didn't find anything in the Sith base. I always assumed that the quest was broken and that I was missing something. It seems I was mistaken.

I just find it odd that he tells you to check both bases but only one of them has an evidence, especially as we know the Sith bribed Guulpor into planting evidence.

Which implies a Sith plot. Besides, this sorta thing in KOTOR was very one-sided. Sunry was innocent. you know it because he's a good guy and a loyal republic follower and that's how SW (KOtor in particular) works.

We have initially the info that sunry did it.

We know that guy planted evidence.

We know she (dunno her name so if I say she you know who she is). was a jedi.

They were having an affair and the sith would like to exploit that.

We know the sith are up to something and are never above dirty tricks.

I guess that she mind tricked him or illusioned him and the evidence was planted in order to make everyone else believe it. They never actually say they found her body or anything like that.