Bored of KOTOR 1? Will it be the same?

Did you get bored playing through kotor 1 again and again?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get bored playing through kotor 1 again and again?

• yes
    • no
    • no way it was very intereting no matter how many times played.
    • yes it got way too repetitive
    • Didn't play through more than once
    • Played through once light side once dark side and wasn't boreing
    • Played through once light side once dark side WAS boreing

Don't know about what everyone else thought but i played through the game 1st as lightsider and found it very good, then i played through again as light sider, as i misd out a lot of things. Then i wanted to see what it would be like playig through as dark sider but found i couldn't even get past taris because i got bored as i knew what would happen next! as i knew the story line. Did anyone else feel like this? or is it just me.

I think KOTOR 2 won't be like this because of the new characters but it might be, if you meet the oposite side party member because then you will know what party members you could of had playing the oposite side. and also on the mysterious planet (back to KOTOR 1) where you meet bastilla you could of just switched to the dark side in that convosation with her and played through the star forge and just got a different ending intead. i just hope KOTOR 2 will have slightly unknown things for each side. eg playing through and havin different quests or meeting different npc's

if im rambling please say and ill try and make myself clearer lol.

*shrugs* I've paled through the game 4-5 times or so and I wouldn't mind play through it once more to find out about some stuff I've not yet explored. I'm in no hurry to do so however, especially sicne I won't have access to my KOTOR before the end oft he summer ;). But I still think I'll not play KOTOR 1 until KOTOR 2 is here, since I then can refresh my memory of events in KOTOR 1 and then dive straight into KOTOR 2 :D

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

i think the most boring bit when replaying was Taris, described on another thread as a 'time burgalar'. It is dull rushing through it when you don't have jedi powers, but otherwise I can play it over and over again. B)

TSL should eliminate this problem as you are a Jedi at the very start.

THe first time I played as dark side, than I played as "pure light side", I did EVERYTHING the good way. Than I played "pure dark side", than One game I just wanted to try all the side quests for the exchange. never got bored.

i think the most boring bit when replaying was Taris, described on another thread as a 'time burgalar'. It is dull rushing through it when you don't have jedi powers, but otherwise I can play it over and over again. B)

TSL should eliminate this problem as you are a Jedi at the very start.

Taris is the only part that consistently interests me in replaying. Every time I've started the game over, I begin to lose interest shortly after I leave Taris. Once you get your jedi powers (a.k.a., once you become invulnerable), the gameplay gets much less interesting because there's practically no way you can lose 98% of the fights.

As a result, I've only finished the game once. (Second try got as far as the unknown world.)

For me Taris is boring, i enjoy replaying the game once i get past taris.

From what i have heard so far TSL will have a higher replay value as different skill have different quests, as do each party member not all of which will join u depending on alignment! And you can influence your party members alignment which should prove interesting!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I played through it four times, couldn't finish the time I played through PURE light. I beat it dark and neutral, never pure light I could never beat Malak.

edit: also your choices are horrible, and they are repetitive. There should be one that says "okay for a while" or something.

Evolutionary Development

er... please do allow for a game to start getting less exciting and maybe become boring, the 6th-7th times (?!) you're beating it. I don't think this is in any way a weakness of Kotor.

It's not like Tetris or Civilization which is designed to be infinitely replayable.

besides when the original really becomes tedious one can always start doing silly stuff with save game editors, cheats and mods. Things like walking around in Taris in Revan's robes, or bringing down Bendak Starkiller with a single strike of the lightsaber, things of that sort.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Well we can only hope TSL is more replayable! Or am i living in a world of make believe???

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Well we can only hope TSL is more replayable! Or am i living in a world of make believe???

Well, it will certaintly be more replayable to me... ;)

So which bits are u looking forward to?

They're are very few games, books, movies I'll play, watch, read again and again. Afterall, once you've seen everything, there's nothing more to it. There are a few though, that are just great fun to go through again and again. This is my list.

Novels:

I, Jedi

The Summer Tree

Honorable Mention: The Dragonbone Chair Trilogy. I would, but its very, very long.

Movies:

Men In Black

Empire Strikes Back

Anime:

Azumanga Daioh

Haibane Renmei

Serial Experiments Lain

Games

Romance Of The Three Kingdoms VIII

Unlimited Saga

Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter

Dragon Warrior VII

Skies Of Arcadia

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

They're are very few games, books, movies I'll play, watch, read again and again. Afterall, once you've seen everything, there's nothing more to it. There are a few though, that are just great fun to go through again and again. This is my list.

Novels:

I, Jedi

The Summer Tree

Honorable Mention: The Dragonbone Chair Trilogy. I would, but its very, very long.

Movies:

Men In Black

Empire Strikes Back

Anime:

Azumanga Daioh

Haibane Renmei

Serial Experiments Lain

Games

Unlimited Saga

Dragon Warrior VII

Skies Of Arcadia

Well thanks, know that will make me sleep alot better tonight! :D

They're are very few games, books, movies I'll play, watch, read again and again.  Afterall, once you've seen everything, there's nothing more to it.  There are a few though, that are just great fun to go through again and again.  This is my list.

Novels:

I, Jedi

The Summer Tree

Honorable Mention: The Dragonbone Chair Trilogy.  I would, but its very, very long.

Movies:

Men In Black

Empire Strikes Back

Anime:

Azumanga Daioh

Haibane Renmei

Serial Experiments Lain

Games

Unlimited Saga

Dragon Warrior VII

Skies Of Arcadia

Well thanks, know that will make me sleep alot better tonight! :D

Well, I'd hoped that I'd have that sort've of effect. ;)

Heck, if you want, post your own list.

I could do but i don't want people to stop reading this forum cos its too boring!

Serial Experiments Lain

Dunno if I'd truly recommend this one, but to each of his own.. ;)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

It was truly odd, I must admit.

Thats sort've why I liked it. It was odd. It messed with my head. Plus, I loved the opening music.

Actually, I remember its creator saying in an interview, that there wasn't really an overeaching plot. There was nothing to piece together. It was done to show how those connected to Internet were gradually becoming disconnected from their families and those around them.

KOTOR rocks, no matter how many you play it. ;)

Yes but it will be nice to get the new 1!