Force Spirits on Dantooine?

Thats my point, the jedi where unable to do this until the point of the original movies. That is why i dont think we will see any but i could be wrong, only time will tell.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Hmm, what about Ajunta Pall's ghost then? Was that an exceptation or was it because that he was a darksider, thus having more power to reamin after his death...?

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Darksider's dont become one with the force they just wallow in thier darkness. Or so says Ajunta Pall.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

It seems Jedi can retain their identity once they become one with the force, but not for very long. Obi Wan retains his identity until 4 years after the battle of Endor then finally becomes truely one with the force.

Why some and some do not become blue glowies is unclear. Dark Side users seem more resiliant to losing their identity like Exar Kun on Yavin and so on. It could be something to do with the Dark Side using the force as a tool for their own ends, manipulating it, while the Light side uses it as a guide.

It seems Jedi can retain their identity once they become one with the force, but not for very long. Obi Wan retains his identity until 4 years after the battle of Endor then finally becomes truely one with the force.

Why some and some do not become blue glowies is unclear. Dark Side users seem more resiliant to losing their identity like Exar Kun on Yavin and so on. It could be something to do with the Dark Side using the force as a tool for their own ends, manipulating it, while the Light side uses it as a guide.

Sounds like a good theory to me.

Well, I'd expect Darksiders to remain after their death because that they desperatly searches for a way to be resurrected, or just to corrupt those who come in their way...

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

Just found a snippet by George about this topic. Apparrently Blue Glowies are not supposed to be able to retain their identities, but Ben Kenobi spent a lot of his time in seclusion learning how to retain his personality for a length of time after his death.

Just found a snippet by George about this topic. Apparrently Blue Glowies are not supposed to be able to retain their identities, but Ben Kenobi spent a lot of his time in seclusion learning how to retain his personality for a length of time after his death.

... wonder about Yoda and Anakin then? :p. Well, their deaths were more recent, so they'd have no problem to remain for a while, I suppose...

Who knows whats in that Jawa juice!!!

Of course, you don't know what Luke had drunk at that ewok celebration. Could have had anything in it, them being a tribal culture. Maybe he was just hallucinating?

Or maybe he simply felt their prestence but didn't really see anything (meaning that the ghosts of the three of them were just there to tell the watcher that Luke felt their prestence..)...

All will be explained in episode III, 10 more months! :D

Heh, I'm in no hurry to watch that one ;p.

The Jedi Academy on Dantooine, once a center of learning and enlightenment, is now nothing more than a series of abandoned ruins that echo with the ghosts of dead Jedi.

I believe that this statement has significance. I don't think it would have been mentioned at all if it didn't matter to the game's story.

Also I don't think people should get too wrapped up in Force Sprits and how they relate to the canon films. We all know that KOTOR is an EU story, so anything is possible. BTW, with enough persuasion pts you can save the spirit of Ajunta Pall so that he returns to the light and becomes one with the Force.

If you think about it, there won't be a heck of alot happening on Dantooine. The place has been bombed out, the Jedi Enclave is in ruins, the small population of farmers were probably wiped.

So what else is there to do on Dantooine except explore the ruins and piece together the puzzle of what happened 5 years ago for the PC?

That alone is reason enough to believe that the trip to Dantooine will mean meeting up with Force Spirits of the Enclave Council.

Their guidance is probably necessary in perhaps finding other Jedi, the PC's missing lightsaber, and other tasks. If I had to speculate on a scenario, I would would bet that the Force Sprits send you to find Master Vandar in a very Empire Strikes Backish kind of way. KOTOR is mirroring the OT quite closely. I not only will not be suprised, but fully expect that TSL is the ESB of the KOTOR saga.

So I think Force Spirits at the Enclave are a strong possiblity, but as others have said, we will have to wait and see.

I believe that this statement has significance. I don't think it would have been mentioned at all if it didn't matter to the game's story.

Err, couldn't it have been just a term/figure of speech or however you say it? It's after all commonly used about certain places. Like "The ghosts of the past still haunts the place" or something like that... I'd like to meet some ghosts of dead Jedi, yeah (It'd be interesting to meet the spirits of the Jedi Council from KOTOR 1 or the spirits of the High Council, assuming that they've been wiped out too), but I find it kinda... unlikely, unless they REALLY mean to mirror ESB.

There are other reference made in the diary as well.

The halls of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant lie empty, and the waters in the Room of a Thousand Fountains have fallen still, in reverence to the Jedi who fell to the Sith in battle... or were seduced by the lure of the Dark Side.

I think that this image represents "the Room of a Thousand Fountains" reference.

9.jpg

And I can only hope that the reference to Coruscant means that we get to see the Jedi Temple there.

Hmm, you have some points there, I suppose. But we'll see. In any event I hope we'll be able to visit the Jedi temple on Coruscant, seems like an interesting place to visit! :D. Perhaps if you meet the spirits of the dead Jedi Council on Dantooine, they'll give you a mission to go there in order to get some important item or so... Perhaps something that belongs to you (your original lightsaber) or perhaps something that must not fall in the hands of the Sith...

Yes it should be interesting going to Corusant!

;)

Also I don't think people should get too wrapped up in Force Sprits and how they relate to the canon films. We all know that KOTOR is an EU story, so anything is possible. BTW, with enough persuasion pts you can save the spirit of Ajunta Pall so that he returns to the light and becomes one with the Force.

If you think about it, there won't be a heck of alot happening on Dantooine. The place has been bombed out, the Jedi Enclave is in ruins, the small population of farmers were probably wiped.

So what else is there to do on Dantooine except explore the ruins and piece together the puzzle of what happened 5 years ago for the PC?

That alone is reason enough to believe that the trip to Dantooine will mean meeting up with Force Spirits of the Enclave Council.

Their guidance is probably necessary in perhaps finding other Jedi, the PC's missing lightsaber, and other tasks. If I had to speculate on a scenario, I would would bet that the Force Sprits send you to find Master Vandar in a very Empire Strikes Backish kind of way. KOTOR is mirroring the OT quite closely. I not only will not be suprised, but fully expect that TSL is the ESB of the KOTOR saga.

So I think Force Spirits at the Enclave are a strong possiblity, but as others have said, we will have to wait and see.

I think so too, but I also think that it would be a nice break of pace from the DS ghosts...I really don't remember any LS ghost in KotOR...Coruscant would be a nice city world that we could explore...especially the lower levels...one of them helping for you to select a prestige class or helping to retrieve your lightsaber... :)

;)

Oh i am soooooo sooorrrryyy!!! U r the Star Wars Expert!

;)

Oh i am soooooo sooorrrryyy!!! U r the Star Wars Expert!

Who said that? I barely know anything outside of the movies, and I admit to it...it just sounded so useless, and when you add a homestar accent, it's very psycehdelic(sp?)... :)

I just think it is a little childish to have a go at some1 for a spelling error!

I just think it is a little childish to have a go at some1 for a spelling error!

I think it's a little childish to jump to conclusions, not saying that I don't do that, once in a great while...but I was referring to the comment itself, not the spelling error...that's spellmar's job... ;)

So what was wrong with the comment?