Force Spirits on Dantooine?

It is the twilight of the Jedi. The Jedi Order, nearly brought to an end by the Sith in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, have scattered, vanishing into the deepest reaches of space. The Jedi Academy on Dantooine, once a center of learning and enlightenment, is now nothing more than a series of abandoned ruins that echo with the ghosts of dead Jedi. The halls of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant lie empty, and the waters in the Room of a Thousand Fountains have fallen still, in reverence to the Jedi who fell to the Sith in battle... or were seduced by the lure of the Dark Side.

These are the opening words to the Designer Diary at the Official Site.

Of those words I bring attention to, "The Jedi Academy on Dantooine, once a center of learning and enlightenment, is now nothing more than a series of abandoned ruins that echo with the ghosts of dead Jedi"

*using best Shaggy voice* Ghosts?!! :(

I was wondering if this illudes to the possibility of encounters with Force Spirits on Dantooine? There were Masters Vander, Zhar, Dorak, and Vrook(voiced by Ed Asner).

If so, I would say that would be great, very Star Wars. To meet with the spirits of the Enclave Council would be very much like Obiwan on Dagobah.

Come to think of it. Vandar didn't die on Dantooine, so he probably won't be a Force Spirit at all.

During the course of the game I sent so many people to Dantooine to turn from the dark side. Yuthura, the renegade students, Kel(the doubting Sith) and anybody else who would listen to my sermonizing about the Jedi and the light side. Sometimes I felt like a missionary.

But seriously, an ecounter with the Force Spirits of the Enclave Council would be fantastic.

I don't think vrook is quite as bad as he puts off - he seemed nice after I had completed all the quests, wishing me well in a pleasant-natured way. Though he's still a jackass and probably shouldn't be a Jedi Master for his extreme anger at using Revan. Still, I think his reasons were very specific - Jedi aren't used to letting Sith go free, despite their non-violent statutes. It just doesn't happen that often, so they don't have to think about it. At least, that's what I expect.

Also, that description that someone put down from LA, I think - about Jedi Master's dead or fallen to the Dark Side - Maybe Vrook is one? He was the most unstable of the council on Dantooine, so if he survived, he's the most likely of that council, at least, to have fallen.

But the thing is, who will help you reconstruct? The ghosts? The people? A mixture of them both, with the ghosts telling you to retrieve sacred or secret datapads that belong to the restricted archive...people not believing you when you tell them about Zhar speaking to you.... ;) all good fun... :p

I don't think vrook is quite as bad as he puts off - he seemed nice after I had completed all the quests, wishing me well in a pleasant-natured way. Though he's still a jackass and probably shouldn't be a Jedi Master for his extreme anger at using Revan. Still, I think his reasons were very specific - Jedi aren't used to letting Sith go free, despite their non-violent statutes. It just doesn't happen that often, so they don't have to think about it. At least, that's what I expect.

Also, that description that someone put down from LA, I think - about Jedi Master's dead or fallen to the Dark Side - Maybe Vrook is one? He was the most unstable of the council on Dantooine, so if he survived, he's the most likely of that council, at least, to have fallen.

I take back what I said about Vrook. If you played the Darkside Revan then Vrook was right about you all along.

Also, that description that someone put down from LA, I think -  about Jedi Master's dead or fallen to the Dark Side - Maybe Vrook is one?  He was the most unstable of the council on Dantooine, so if he survived, he's the most likely of that council, at least, to have fallen.

For some odd reason, my mind disagrees...but I don't know why...it's so hard to explain, but I think Vrook would die before he falls...and even if he did, I think he would commit suicide or something...I don't know... ;):blink::p:blink::unsure: :ph34r:

Well the ghosts could be metaphorical.

The phrase I notice is the mention of the deserted Jedi Temple on Coruscant. How do we know it is deserted unless we go there?

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

When Jedi die they become 1 with the force and loose their indentity. It is not until episode 2 that that changes (Yoda hearing Qui-gon Ginn's voice), according to the official site. So unless Obsidian plan to change this, then i dont think we will see any jedi spirits! Sorry.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

WE know there is an optinal side-quest to retrieve your original lightsaber, maybe you have to go to Dantoeene to get it. Perhaps a ghost must tell you where it is, or will test you to see if you are worthy of having it back and won't fall to the darkside.

As I has said i dont think we will see a jedi ghost but we will have to wait and see!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

I not saying it would not be cool, just very unlikely!

When Jedi die they become 1 with the force and loose their indentity. It is not until episode 2 that that changes (Yoda hearing Qui-gon Ginn's voice), according to the official site. So unless Obsidian plan to change this, then i dont think we will see any jedi spirits! Sorry.

Nomi Sunrider met the force ghost of her husband Andur 44 years before KOTOR.

Nomi Sunrider met the force ghost of her husband Andur 44 years before KOTOR.

I am just going by what it says on StarWars.com.

Here is what it says:

While meditating, Yoda had felt a traumatic event befall young Anakin Skywalker. At that very moment, he also heard the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master slain a decade previous. It was impossible for a Jedi to retain his identity after becoming one with the Force, yet he had heard it. StarWars.com

I not saying it would not be cool, just very unlikely!

I wasn't really replying to you :) more to the thread topic :)

I was just tryin to keep the topic goin.

Here is what it says:

While meditating, Yoda had felt a traumatic event befall young Anakin Skywalker. At that very moment, he also heard the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi Master slain a decade previous. It was impossible for a Jedi to retain his identity after becoming one with the Force, yet he had heard it. StarWars.com

I don't remember that happening in the film...

Anyway, I think there's a difference between becoming a force ghost and becoming one with the force... Or perhaps a jedi can bring himself back into the real world briefly.

Whatever. Just spewing ideas now.

Its at the point where anikin kills all the sand people, the scene cuts to yoda and you hear a voice say "Anakin, Anakin, Noooooooooo!"

This is Qui-Gon.

It'd be cool indeed if we could meet some ghosts of dead Jedi :). Dunno if that's gonna happen, through. But spirits of dead Jedi were common enough in the original movies, so the chance is always there, I suppose :)

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D