20 Levels

Do you think their should be more than 20 levlels, like a regualr rpg such as Diablo, Final Fantasy, or Star Ocean where your ability to level up is unhindered by preset regulations of the game?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think their should be more than 20 levlels, like a regualr rpg such as Diablo, Final Fantasy, or Star Ocean where your ability to level up is unhindered by preset regulations of the game?

• YES I want level up at my own pace and as much as i want.
    • YESshould be more than 20lvls but lvln up should be regualted
    • NO Game is Fien with only 20 lvls and a set lvling pace
    • NO there shoudl be 20 levels but I want to lvl at my own pace

No.  Those stupid "no level limit" games are retarded.

And my eyes hurt after reading that one big jumbled post.

are you kidding me? leveling up is the drivign force behind many RPG games that are good, its wat makes addictions to teh game, and adds replay value and i didnt neccessarrily say NO level limit i said more than 20 levels, so taht teh gamer has more room to work. Sry bout teh jumbled post. But what about my other suggestions?

Still no.

I don't see the big thing with having some ultra powerful character that's rediculously leveled up. To me, that's pretty cheap.

You were already extremely powerful and pretty much unbeatable at the end of KOTOR with a level 20, so what's the point in being allowed to become even more powerful if it doesn't actually affect the game?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ahem..did u even read teh entire thing? I said make the enemies tougher too. I whoel heartily agree with u that at teh end of teh game it wasnt even a challenge i was cutting through enemies liek tehy werent even there and it even got a little borring. HTe only enemy that was slightly worth my trouble was the main boss and that was cause i was runngin around to catch him. But more level ups undeniably open teh game up to more options and custimizations, so that my charater will become vastly different form your character at teh end up the game. ANd even though KOTOR already set that up, characters beign different dpeendign on what path u chose, More levvel up allow for more honing of skills becasue u can put mroe points into particular areas

Ahem..did u even read teh entire thing?

Even with the poor post structure, yes I did read everything.

And my opinion still stands that it makes no sense to keep allowing a level up, even if you increase the ability of the enemies.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think it's bad when the focus of RPGs becomes merely "getting the next level."

The main reason why, as much as I would often try, Diablo 2 can never hold my attention for a few months.

It's fun running around with some friends fighting the bosses and stuff. But eventually, the game just turns into "Do some run to get exp and maybe some loot."

In the end, the game is boring.

Man that post was painful to read.

In short however, no we don't need more than 20 levels considering the most POWERFUL characters in Star Wars are LESS than level 20 to begin with. You don't need to be over that level, because it is already epic (by Star Wars) proportions.

There isn't even anything left to fight at above those levels, unless you want to be taking out the death star by yourself or something.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Oh look another poll... Ok' I'll bite and vote in your damn poll but it isn't going to make any diffrence since the greedy bastard(s?) at obsidian and or atari are going to make us pay(again) to play an epic game, Mark my words no epic levels until at least the first expansion...

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Still no.

I don't see the big thing with having some ultra powerful character that's rediculously leveled up.  To me, that's pretty cheap.

You were already extremely powerful and pretty much unbeatable at the end of KOTOR with a level 20, so what's the point in being allowed to become even more powerful if it doesn't actually affect the game?

It's all about choice man, if you want to grind up to level 74 you should be able to, the game shouldn't just stop your advancement for no other reason then,"Errr, yeah, twenty looks good to us."

It's all about choice man, if you want to grind up to level 74 you should be able to, the game shouldn't just stop your advancement for no other reason then,"Errr, yeah, twenty looks good to us."

Well that's part of the fun. If you could just level up as much as you want and get everything, some of the fun would be gone. To make these choices about what to get and personalize your character is what its all about, if you could get everything then the fun is gone...

I don't know levelling up forever and your enemies levelling up with you seems like you'll get lock into an endless cycle and instead of having believable character powers, you get a Dragon Ball effect.

I admit, I do want to go maybe up to level 30 because I thought Yoda and Vader were all level 30.

I don't know levelling up forever and your enemies levelling up with you seems like you'll get lock into an endless cycle and instead of having believable character powers, you get a Dragon Ball effect.

I admit, I do want to go maybe up to level 30 because I thought Yoda and Vader were all level 30.

From what I've heard, Vader was level 18 and Palpatine level 20, not sure about Yoda. (In the Star Wars d20 system handbook, anyway. Which I don't own a copy of.)

I thought it was already official that we will go above level 20, just they hadn't decided whether to cap it. ISTR seeing "30" bandied about...

Certainly that would make the PC very powerful. Well, so long as it doesn't become silly I'm fine with that, and my inner powergamer really enjoyed the high level dark Force powers in KOTOR1 and wants more :D

How about we go lvl 50 and chinese burn the sith into submission? Or how about lvl 100 and whip a wet towel up and whack the sith? Come on 25/30 is about all we need, then it gets silly.

Agreed, if we become so powerful that no one can even touch us, what is the point in playing it, because it offers no real challenge.

There will be more than 20 levels in sith lords whether u like it or not. But you should like it because a thirty or 40 level system woudl make room for the greater use of the new force poweres and will allow players to hone their skills better. they added so many more skills and stuff that without AT LEAST ten more levels it would be to hard to master multiple skills.

-Let the dance off begin

How about we go lvl 50 and chinese burn the sith into submission? Or how about lvl 100 and whip a wet towel up and whack the sith? Come on 25/30 is about all we need, then it gets silly.

Agreed, if we become so powerful that no one can even touch us, what is the point in playing it, because it offers no real challenge.

I ALready Said that i want the fights to become longer and more challenging but greater levels woudl allow u to have more force powers which offers a greater longevity to the game and makes fightign more interesting 50 levels is plenty.

To me, when I hear someone say they want more levels, they remind me of those gamers who get stoked over punching in cheat codes that make characters "indestructable" or "unlimited firepower" and think that it's fun to run around like you're superman.

Not my type of gaming.