Should Jediism be banned?

Another point- does the republic need Jedi? Think of episodes 4 5 and 6- the rebel alliance was getting on fine without Jedi support, and at the battle of Endor it wasn't Luke who won the battle. A rebel team destroyed the shield generator (with some Ewok help!). It was a rebel fleet that destroyed the super star destroyer. It was rebel ships that destroyed the Death Stars power core. All Luke did was to destract the Emperor.

Distracting the Emperor wasn't quite it. He got rid of two Sith Lords who could've potentially escaped the Death Star and threatened the Galaxy again.

And yes, perhaps only 1 in a 1000 Jedi will go bad, the other will be noble BUT when one does go bad you get a galaxy-wide war in which BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS die!!  Taris alone had billions of innocents on it, and who knows how many planets Malak had destroyed before that!

Except, it wasn't Malak who destroyed Taris, it was Saul(who wasn't Force-Sensitive in the least) who pulled the trigger. Seems like only a slight difference, right? Think about this. The people who joined Revan, as a Sith, many were just as evil as Malak, just lacking in Force-Sensitivity. One Sith Lord, by himself, couldn't have wrecked the havoc that Malak did. This reveals weakness in integrity among the those members of the Republic. They bear just as much guilt for that as Malak did, because he would not have been such a success without them.

Good point!!!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!