Should Jediism be banned?

If after the Exar Kun war, Jediism had been baned then assuming the republic was still around in 4000 years Anakin would be in a camp, being watched be a 10 eyed alien and we'd have known about his force powers.....

But wait! Tatooenee is outside the republic isn't it..........

I need back up. Someone give another reason for Jedi to be removed..

LOL now your just getting all crazy like! :p

This is a phantasy world but it is supposed to work as if it were real life. Can you really see 10 eyed aliens spending all of their time watching every creatures child that were put in a camp? Do you not consider this evil?

I was just responding to someone's idea that since jedi weren't around people couldn't recognize jedi traits.

In that case we are on the same page then!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

It may be evil to put children in a camp, but the point of the thread is: is it justified to prevent people from learning about the force and becoming jedi if it stops rouge jedi turing into sith and starting huge wars?

What it comes down to is- what is the lesser evil? :p

It may be evil to put children in a camp, but the point of the thread is: is it justified to prevent people from learning about the force and becoming jedi if if stops rouge jedi turing into sith and starting huge wars?

For me that would be to have the jedi to provide atleast some form of control.

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

It's not an evil, it's a good to allow jedi to remain. Besides, if you don't teach it to those jedi kids now, they'll have to learn it from what they here in the street.

AMEN!

It may be evil to put children in a camp, but the point of the thread is: is it justified to prevent people from learning about the force and becoming jedi if if stops rouge jedi turing into sith and starting huge wars?

I know. My point being that there is no way a Government, such as the Republic would do that kind of thing.

Your example fits in more with X-Men than anything.

It may be evil to put children in a camp, but the point of the thread is: is it justified to prevent people from learning about the force and becoming jedi if it stops rouge jedi turing into sith and starting huge wars?

Well, the thing is, there are probably trillions of people in the galaxy,and maybe a third of those are children. Maybe one in 100,000, or maybe 1,000,000(just throwing out random numbers here) are force sensitive. Of those Force Sensitive, the majority will probably become Jedi and establish justice and peace throughout the galaxy. A few will go bad, and of those, a maybe one or two will go spectacularly bad.

Weighing that against putting children into camps, I think choice is kinda obvious.

It may be evil to put children in a camp, but the point of the thread is:  is it justified to prevent people from learning about the force and becoming jedi if it stops rouge jedi turing into sith and starting huge wars?

Well, the thing is, there are probably trillions of people in the galaxy,and maybe a third of those are children. Maybe one in 100,000, or maybe 1,000,000(just throwing out random numbers here) are force sensitive. Of those Force Sensitive, the majority will probably become Jedi and establish justice and peace throughout the galaxy. A few will go bad, and of those, a maybe one or two will go spectacularly bad.

Weighing that against putting children into camps, I think choice is kinda obvious.

Lets start a campaign to keep the jedi!

I belive the figure is 1 in a million is force sensitive..and only 0,1 % of the force sensitives are discovered/trained.

Aren't most discovered and trained?

Not all are suitable.

SAVE THE JEDI!!!!!!

You can start a campaign to keep the jedi if you want.

It's almost 11pm where I am, so I'm off.

Can someone else keep thinking up crazy reasons to ban jedi? Lets get two campaigns going.

"DEATH TO THE JEDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Okay I'm gone.

I belive the figure is 1 in a million is force sensitive..and only 0,1 % of the force sensitives are discovered/trained.

Aren't most discovered and trained?

Not all are suitable.

Still they are discovered even if they don't have enough potential.

Yah, but remember they aren't born outside the galaxy. If you include the unknown regions and certain sects, I guess.

And who's gonna point a camera at them?

What you need is one Jedi who knows how to banish a person connection to the Force and do that to all of the Force Sensitive kids. But then what if that Jedi went to the Dark Side????? There would be no one to stop him. Too much thinking...............................

The same views of the JEdi/Sith could apply to all sentient life.

All `true` evil (that is a deliberate choice to do harm as opposed to `natural` evils) comes from sentient life, doesnt mean that being sentient is evil, its what we do with it that counts.

The Jedi dont create the Sith, its a `dark` progression form them, but they didnt cause it.

Okay I'm back. Not much has happened so I have a new, improved, less evil idea.

What if all children in the republic were scanned for medi-clorians (not sure how to spell it, but what qui-gon scans Anakin for in ep1) at birth and all children who had over a certain ammount were sent to the camps to be watched.

This would be a better solution, as someone said there are only 1 in a 100000 who could be Jedi so only a relative few children would be locked up.

Another point- does the republic need Jedi? Think of episodes 4 5 and 6- the rebel alliance was getting on fine without Jedi support, and at the battle of Endor it wasn't Luke who won the battle. A rebel team destroyed the shield generator (with some Ewok help!). It was a rebel fleet that destroyed the super star destroyer. It was rebel ships that destroyed the Death Stars power core. All Luke did was to destract the Emperor.

And yes, perhaps only 1 in a 1000 Jedi will go bad, the other will be noble BUT when one does go bad you get a galaxy-wide war in which BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS die!! Taris alone had billions of innocents on it, and who knows how many planets Malak had destroyed before that!

SAVE THE JEDI!!!