Should Jediism be banned?

New idea. What if all children who showed signs of force powers were arrested/ killed as soon as it was first noticed?

Ruthless perhaps but would this end the threat of evil force users.

I also think i need backup- are there any more Jedi-haters out there?

Yes but there are some that slip the net like Darth Sidious. Mores the point if no one is trianed in the force how can they be detected???

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Ummm. Of course... Have you heard of this game called Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic?

:unsure: I seem to remember the non-magical planetary bombardment cannons were mounted on the non-magical starship. Unless the fire button itself required some sort of magic to depress, fallen Jedi, and the Force, are kind of extraneous.

You don't have to be trained in the force to notice a child causing a toy to hover in the air. You would need cameras watching everyone the whole time (1984-big brother style) but it could be done. But yeah some outside the republics influence would go unnoticed- but the republic would be safer.

Talking of 'hunts'.......

Would my proposed 'Jedi hunt' be any different from the 'great hunt' the Jedi made against the Terentateks? They tried to make the galaxy safer by destroying an entire species.

Thats another reason to get rid of the Jedi. They are active practisers of genocide!!

So much for being the good guys :unsure:

You don't have to be trained in the force to notice a child causing a toy to hover in the air. You would need cameras watching everyone the whole time (1984-big brother style) but it could be done. But yeah some outside the republics influence would go unnoticed- but the republic would be safer.

A CAMERA WATCHING EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE WHOLE GALAXY!!!!

Who would organise that, maybe you would like the job!!!!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Firstly, sith aren't jedi. Your argument of "in the end they caused it" is specious as virtually every event is connected. Using that you can blame George Washington for September 11th and call him in league with terrorists (sorry for the political example but I couldn't think of anything better. Please don't go political on me here).

C'mon- in a galaxy full of different beings there must be at least one species with many eyes. Then they can watch 10 screens all at once :lol:

And you wouldn't need a camera watching EVERYONE, just the children.

Send them all off to a camp somewhere and problem solved- easy!

There was a 'history of the sith' thread around here somewhere that will tell you how the Jedi did transform the Sith from a simple race to an aggressive people.

the Sith worshipped the Jedi exiles as gods and were taught how to use the force for evil.

The Jedi started the sith going in the first place.

And i agree about avoiding politics, lets stay focused on the Star Wars universe

C'mon- in a galaxy full of different beings there must be at least one species with many eyes. Then they can watch 10 screens all at once :lol:

What if there skills dont manifest themselves until they are much older??

Anikin was about 9 or 10 when he was discovered and was not levitating objects via the force!!

There was a 'history of the sith' thread around here somewhere that will tell you how the Jedi did transform the Sith from a simple race to an aggressive people.

the Sith worshipped the Jedi exiles as gods and were taught how to use the force for evil.

And i agree about avoiding politics, lets stay focused on the Star Wars universe

Yah. Sorry about politics, I needed an example. OK then, Garm Bel Ibis is responsible for the invasion of the rusk. Wait, no, Ibis's Great-great-greatx1000000000000000000000000 grandparents are the root of evil because their children eventually (after many generations) gave birth to Ibis who formed the corellian treaty which overthrew the empire which caused the Ssi-Rus (spelling?) to invade.

Yes the jedi did expel them but they were already on the darkside! And the jedi did not send them directly to Korriban in order to corrupt the Sith people (who if i remember were already praciting dark magic before the exiles arrived, this is also the reason they settled there!!!)

It was someone else who first started the 'levitation thing', not me!!

And it was said that jedi are identified and sent for training at a VERY early age.

Qui'gon said that if Anakin was born in the republic he would have been identified early. So there you are.....

It was someone else who first started the 'levitation thing', not me!!

And it was said that jedi are identified and sent for training at a VERY early age.

Qui'gon said that if Anakin was born in the republic he would have been identified early. So there you are.....

Yes he would have been detected by a Jedi who would have sensed his abilities!

C'mon- in a galaxy full of different beings there must be at least one species with many eyes.    Then they can watch 10 screens all at once :lol:

What if there skills dont manifest themselves until they are much older??

Anikin was about 9 or 10 when he was discovered and was not levitating objects via the force!!

And what about way subtler manifestations of the Force? Mind or emotion reading. Seeing the future in dreams perhaps? Quick healing?

C'mon- in a galaxy full of different beings there must be at least one species with many eyes.

Many cultures, even if they weren't jedi, had force users within them. Shamans, adepts, mystic peoples, some monks...ect... Knowledge of the force wasn't nearly as uniform, but the powers were recognizable. The jedi were simply one of the more prominant versions of these sects that worked with a government in a mutualistic relationship.

If after the Exar Kun war, Jediism had been baned then assuming the republic was still around in 4000 years Anakin would be in a camp, being watched be a 10 eyed alien and we'd have known about his force powers.....

But wait! Tatooenee is outside the republic isn't it..........

I need back up. Someone give another reason for Jedi to be removed..

Many cultures, even if they weren't jedi, had force users within them. Shamans, adepts, mystic peoples, some monks...ect... Knowledge of the force wasn't nearly as uniform, but the powers were recognizable. The jedi were simply one of the more prominant versions of these sects that worked with a government in a mutualistic relationship.

Yes but if it not universally recognised then how could u organise a galaxy wide extermination of force users???