Release Date

I just read something from June while looking through Gamespy articles trying to find prestige class info.

is now being pegged for a "winter" date according to the game's official product page at Lucas Arts. The follow-up role-playing game title for the Xbox and PC was originally listed for February 2005. Visit the official product page for more information on this promising title.

This is from Gamespy, just so you guys know.

WINTER RELEASE DATE? Is this true? We've all been saying Feb.

I was wondering the same thing because more and more sites I am going to are saying that it will be out in winter 2004 (i.e. dec 06 2004) but the lucas site still say's feb 2005 to the best of my knowledge. Mind you any advace on the date is a VERY good thing. :)

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

did it *frantically searches the web*

Nope unfortunatly it isnt out yet :(

I havent heard any official word on december but changing the feb 2005 tag can mean a earlier release date being speculated :huh:

which i think we are all up for if they can pull it off :p

*chants* go team dev go

I think Obsidian and Lucas Arts are covering their respective asses and trying for a Winter release while at the same time giving themselves room to push it to 2005 if the game isn't done in time to make the Winter date. Personally I could don't really care either way. Sure it would be great to have TSL's sooner than later but in the end I would rather have Obsidian polish up all the games bells and whistles and ship the it when its ready.

Cheers!

I read someplace on the board that the only thing that could slow down the release now is the beta testing. so hopefully they don't have too many problems to fix.

I always kinda wondered how does someone get a job beats testing. Now thats a job I would love to do! :D

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

I always kinda wondered how does someone get a job beats testing. Now thats a job I would love to do! :D

Yeah that would be a pretty freakin sweet job if you love games. It is a really repetitive process that some may find tedious. Also I believe you have to be willing to work something like 50+ hours a week. I would do it in an instant if given the chance. However I think Lucas Arts does it's game testing in northern Cali and I live in So Cal. Which is a bummer. If you want more info go here -->click

Cheers!

Yeah that would be a pretty freakin sweet job if you love games. It is a really repetitive process that some may find tedious. Also I believe you have to be willing to work something like 50+ hours a week. I would do it in an instant if given the chance. However I think Lucas Arts does it's game testing in northern Cali and live in Orange County So Cal. Which is a bummer. If you want more info go here -->click

Cheers!

thanks for the info!

As for the long hours it wouldn't be so bad really I mean myself I have played KOTOR something like 40 times or more and the first time I played it I didn't stop for two solid days, I had my GF at the time go and do coffee runs for me so I didn't have to sleep :huh: mind you most game I own I haven't played anywhere near that many times or for as long as I have played KOTOR for at a sitting.

but anyway back to the reason why I posted Thanks agian for the info.

AscendedPaladin.png

If you guys realize, they are using the same engine, and they said they are chainging so much.... so it gives them some head room to improve AND work on something proven, so delays aren't as likely, because they are not making a completely fresh start...

If you guys realize, they are using the same engine, and they said they are chainging so much.... so it gives them some head room to improve AND work on something proven, so delays aren't as likely, because they are not making a completely fresh start...

I see your point but lets face it nobody can tell the future and according to Murphy's law anything that can go wrong will go wrong. All I am saying is I would rather have a polished game in 2005 than a rushed one in 2004.

Cheers!

Availability: Winter
is from the lucas arts website and
The spoiler factor for a game like this is huge, and we like to keep as much of it under wraps until the scheduled winter release.
from the designer diaries also on lucas arts website oops my bad you didnt want season well many websites are saying 6th of december but one or two are still sayin feb 2005