Weekend Programer #4

Akari

A few weeks ago I asked if the PC-version would get real mouse-look (with z-axis), and you (Akari) replied that it was a low priority feature that might make it, depending on how much time you had. Do you know now if it was implemented or if it had to go?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

has mira's model changed?? at all? is she based on Mara Jade? they got kinda same name and both got red hair?

also is it equel number male/female party npcs or one side over powers the other? in kotor it was 3 girls, 3 boys a wookie and two droid and the wookie and droids were both male, so men overpowered the woman.

also will their be a female droid?

Akari,

Were you guys given a clear plot that you had to follow, but just flesh out the story? Or did Lucasarts just give you a very broad idea of what they wanted to see, then left it up to Obsidian to come up with the entire story and characters?

For example, did they say (just hypothetical): we want you guys to make a story and game around a Jedi who was in the Mandalore wars, and we want him to encounter these specific characters (enter list of NPCs). Or did they just say: Here's what you can and can't include in your story. Go to it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Is Yuthura Ban in K2 ?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Will there be skill checks, such as repairing HK-47, that only the pc can perform?  (I hope not, else why bother giving someone else skills?)

Yeah... I talked to the designer in charge of making decisions like that. He said that if NPCs could be used to pass every skill check, then there would be no point in the player character leveling up their skills themselves. Whether or not one agrees with that point of view, that's how it is currently. There's some instances where only the PC can make the skill check.

Oh and does the HK model droid you get in TSL's, be that HK-47 or whatever, have the assassination funtion available to the player?

Are sith tattoo's available?

Is there a set 'dark side/ light side' limit, like the first game, or can we continue to go to the very depths of good and evil?

I don't know anything about the assassination function.

You won't be able to select tattoo's, but that doesn't mean some characters might not end up with them, depending on how things go.

There is a limit to Lightside and Darkside directions you can go, just like in KotOR1. But even if there wasn't, it wouldn't really mean anything beyond a certain point anyway. I mean, once you've established that you're one extreme or the other, it doesn't really make much sense to go 'more extreme' in one direction or another.

One reason I can think of for having a limit is that it keeps you from going so far in one direction that your choices no longer matter at all. Like, if you were able to stack up 100's of 'lightside' points, you could then go around being a bastard for a long time yet your alignment would still suggest that you were good. :)

is juhani back??

will there be a demo??

does international release date count for uk?? if so why do uk people have to wait for xbox release

?

I don't think Juhani makes an appearance, but I'm not 100% certain about that.

There will not be a demo.

I don't know when the game will be available in the UK.

I hav heard many times over that the silver/gold sith armor guy no longer looks like dat. Is this true

Does atton Rand start off lightside or darkside oriented. Their is much speculatin over this.

Finally, I hav also hear that TSL will hav a feature that allows u to listen to music from the game. Is this true also

The appearance of the silver/gold armored guy has changed some over time. He definitely looks different than he did in early screenshots. But then again, so does Atton.

Speaking of Atton, Atton starts off neutral.

And yes, there will be an option to listen to the songs that you've unlocked from the main menu. Songs are unlocked simply by going to a planet where they are played.

A few weeks ago I asked if the PC-version would get real mouse-look (with z-axis), and you (Akari) replied that it was a low priority feature that might make it, depending on how much time you had. Do you know now if it was implemented or if it had to go?

Not as of yet.

-Akari

do twieleks look the same but with different clothes or have they changed because in kotor, jedi academy and galaxies the twieleks are all different?

Any cathar in this game??

is there going to be more than one zabrak in kotor 2? i mean as npcs not just party npc

Hello here're my three:

Is game going to look at least a little more ancient than the part one (starships, clothes etc)?

Will be any linear bugs with cheated duels (like Leviathan with Malak in KOTOR 1)?

How look of Onderon in Tales of the Jedi influenced your vision of it? Will Onderon and walled city of Iziz in TSL remind us what we've seen in comics?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

female droids are rarely heard of in star wars.  and they were men and women (except for mission)

i dont get what you mean about the "they were men and women" comment

there was a female droid in ep 1

the they were men and women comment was about u calling the party members boys and girls. and i dont remember a female droid in ep 1 but if there was its already been proven that the prequels are messed up

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

You are off topic delete this posts and begin droid discussion elsewhere

This thread is for dev questioning not for such thing!

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Akari, first thanks for all that you are doing.

I have 2 questions:

1. Do you know yet on how many Cd-s will be the PC version.

Again on 4 or..

2. Do you know will pixel shadder be a reqiured thing for TSL? Because I have a Ge Force 4 MX 440 which does not supurt that so I want to know before time do i need a new graphic card?

has mira's model changed?? at all? is she based on Mara Jade? they got kinda same name and both got red hair?

also is it equel number male/female party npcs or one side over powers the other? in kotor it was 3 girls, 3 boys a wookie and two droid and the wookie and droids were both male, so men overpowered the woman.

also will their be a female droid?

I'm not sure if Mira has changed or not. I have no idea who she's based on, if anyone. That's a design question. :)

Since the contents of your party depend on the path you take through the game, I can't answer one way or another what the gender breakdown will be. It will depend in large part upon you.

No female droid that I'm aware of off hand.

Akari,

Were you guys given a clear plot that you had to follow, but just flesh out the story?  Or did Lucasarts just give you a very broad idea of what they wanted to see, then left it up to Obsidian to come up with the entire story and characters?

For example, did they say (just hypothetical): we want you guys to make a story and game around a Jedi who was in the Mandalore wars, and we want him to encounter these specific characters (enter list of NPCs).  Or did they just say: Here's what you can and can't include in your story.  Go to it.

I believe LA gave us some vague guidelines, but the story is our own. I believe Avellone went into more detail on this question in one of the various interviews that've been around.

Is Yuthura Ban in K2 ?

I don't believe so, but I don't know for certain.

i read that facial animations are going to be better in this game is that true?

i saw a concept art drawing of darth sion in a cape, and big shoulder pads is this  part of his outfit or does he go topless the whole game?

We're doing what we can with the facial animations.

I believe Darth Sion goes topless the whole time.

do twieleks look the same but with different clothes or have they changed because in kotor, jedi academy and galaxies the twieleks are all different?

Any cathar in this game??

is there going to be more than one zabrak in kotor 2? i mean as npcs not just party npc

I honestly have no idea on these three, sorry. :)

Hello here're my three:

Is game going to look at least a little more ancient than the part one (starships, clothes etc)?

Will be any linear bugs with cheated duels (like Leviathan with Malak in KOTOR 1)?

How look of Onderon in Tales of the Jedi influenced your vision of it? Will Onderon and walled city of Iziz in TSL remind us what we've seen in comics?

I don't really know the answer to your art related questions. Designers or artists would have to answer those. As far as cheated duels, I also don't know. I suspect not, but don't know for certain.

Akari, first thanks for all that you are doing.

I have 2 questions:

1. Do you know yet on how many Cd-s will be the PC version.

Again on 4 or..

2. Do you know will pixel shadder be a reqiured thing for TSL? Because I have a Ge Force 4 MX 440 which does not supurt that so I want to know before time do i need a new graphic card?

It will be at least 4 again. I don't know if it'll need more than that. I don't think it will.

I believe the minimum system requirements aren't changing from KotOR1. If you could play KotOR1 on your PC, you should be able to play KotOR2. This isn't written in stone, mind you, but it's what my current understanding is.

-Akari