Weekend Programer #4

Akari

I've been working every weekend, but have been swamped on prior weekends so I haven't been able to spend much time here at all.

But I'll try to answer questions today if possible. I'm not sure if there's a whole lot I can say at this point that I haven't already gone over in prior weeks, but I'm willing to at least take a look at what questions are on your minds. :p

So feel free to respond to this thread with questions you have about the project at this point.

-Akari

Question: Is the release date still looking good, no delays and the like i mean

Question: What impact will choice of gender hav, (anything more than just the effect on romances)

Question: Has any classic starwars music been added (imperial march and the like)

will we hear about any new planets soon?

do u know if LA plans to not give us any more info til the game release?

how much does your job pay?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

have you guys handed the game over to LA yet?  if not when will you?

Not yet, but soonish.

Question: Is the release date still looking good, no delays and the like i mean

Question: What impact will choice of gender hav, (anything more than just the effect on romances)

Question: Has any classic starwars music been added (imperial march and the like)

It's too hard to tell at this point about the release date. It all seems doable at this point, but there's always the chance of unforeseen problems. :p

As far as gender choices, I'm not completely sure. It changes the interaction you have with some of your party members fairly significantly (The romance angle like you mentioned), and there's at least one quest I'm aware of that can be solved a different way depending on gender...

As far as the music goes, I haven't had the chance to listen to the new score. I'm not even sure what stage it's at right now. I know a few weeks ago we had all the prototyped music (i.e., not recorded by live instruments yet), but I don't know what's changed since then.

will there be romances?

if there are romances will there be multiple ones?

I'm not sure, really. I'm not sure if it's as central to the game as it was in KotOR1. But I'm just not informed enough on the subject. :(

-Akari

do you ever get tired of answering our questions?

will you buy TSL when it is released?

can u slip us a name of a new character?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

since there is a demo of how the pc is interduced in kotor2. How close to the actual games beginning is the demo? or does it have elements of the beginning but isn't really how everything starts off.

Question:  Will there be any new info released about any of the characters...Good or Bad soon?

I'm not sure. That's always in Lucas Arts' hands.

How are you today, Akari?

I'm good, thanks. :(

What version pixle shaders are used in the pc version 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0??

Same question with vertex shaders please :)

I'd have to bounce that off our graphics programmer, but he's not here at the moment.

will we hear about any new planets soon?

do u know if LA plans to not give us any more info til the game release?

how much does your job pay?

I'm not sure about new planets. But I do think that you've got just about all the planets figured out. I was looking at a list in another post that theorized what the remaining unknown planets might be, and that list contained the rest of them... it contained some that were wrong too, of course.

I have no idea what LA's marketing schedule looks like. I can't really answer any questions on that subject.

A game programmer with my years of experience can probably expect to make between $40k - $60k depending on a number of factors. My salary falls in there somewhere. :p

do you ever get tired of answering our questions?

will you buy TSL when it is released?

can u slip us a name of a new character?

I don't mind answering questions. But I don't like repeating myself, so I prefer new questions. :)

We earn our copy of the game via 7 day weeks at 12 hours a day, I think.

A new character? Hm, I don't know about a name. But that green-skinned guy people have noticed in screen shots is a party NPC. He's also a Zabrack as some have noticed. He's also the owner of the pet-like thing the party gets.

-Akari

anychance you can tell us what the pet thing is yet?

do you have a new pict of the silver armor guy that we can see?

how many sith lords in total are there?

Thanks for you time.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

what type of internet service does obsidian have?

Something fast. I dunno. :p

since there is a demo of how the pc is interduced in kotor2. How close to the actual games beginning is the demo? or does it have elements of the beginning but isn't really how everything starts off.

I haven't seen the demo trailer you're referring to.

Thanks for you time.

I don't have time to grab and upload screen shots right now. I've all but explained the pet thing in prior discussions, but I'm not going to say anything just now. Total number of Sith Lords? Hm... it changes over the course of the game, what there is at the start isn't how many there will be in total by the end. I'll leave it at that for now.

-Akari

Will the difference in release dates mean anything for the PC version (except that it misses the Xmas gold rush)? Will you continue working on it and adding features that didn't make it into the pre-Xmas Xbox-version?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Thanks for you time.

I don't have time to grab and upload screen shots right now. I've all but explained the pet thing in prior discussions, but I'm not going to say anything just now. Total number of Sith Lords? Hm... it changes over the course of the game, what there is at the start isn't how many there will be in total by the end. I'll leave it at that for now.

-Akari

Thanks for answering my questions, and its very interesting that the number of sith lords changes as the game progresses. Sorry for asking about the pet thing agian I had forgot that you had already explained it, I will have to do a search to find it agian. anyway thanks agian for the info and taking the time to answer our questions.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png