Replay Value

The replay of value of KOTOR is immense in my opinion because of your virtually complete control throughout the game. It's not just Darkside or Lightside. What class do you want to have. Based on that class what do you want to focus on. And even if you learn towards a particular alignment your choices STILL might change. Sure I may kill everyone in my path on Taris but I could also liberate the Wookies on Kashykk if that's the way I felt. I'm free to be as moody as I want to be. Sometimes I'm a blood thirsty thug othertimes I'm the epitome of a do-gooder. And sometimes this is all in the same game.

You have choices about the character you play with and how you develop them as well. Playing with Mission is a hell of a lot different than playing with Canderous. Canderous is different from Juhani and so on. This adds another level of replay value depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

Basically what I'm saying is that any game with that much freedom involved in it has a ton of replay value. Your control your characters, creation, development, alignment and look. And for the most part the same is true for the NPC's you travel with. Is it Final Fantasy? No but it's not supposed to be. I don't want a 80 hour game. I'll probably die before I complete it anyway. I want a game that I can sit down with for a couple of weeks and temporarily immerse myself in the Star Wars universe. And I think KOTOR did an OUTSTANDING job of that and I believe KOTOR II will follow in the same footsteps probably upping the level and taking things a step further.

If you look properly you will find it is in the suggestions forum.

He was questioning if it should go into another topic because there was no suggestion involved. I think...

It's true, there is hours of replay value. If your one of those players that tries to find everything in the game you'll be playing for a long, long time... and probably look like this:;)

I'm not one of those players. I'll try and find everything in the game with one character but thats where I'll stop. I can't see myself playing again after that, even if I can choose a different class, weapons, powers, attacks etc. Then again, I do own the game and down the road I may want to dig into it again... :)

I agree, but is this supposed to be in the suggesstins forum?

Ixon and Old School asked me to explain what I meant in an earlier topic within this forum. So I included my answer in this forum. That's all. My suggestion is stop saying that KOTOR needs to be longer. LOL

He was questioning if it should go into another topic because there was no suggestion involved. I think...

It's true, there is hours of replay value. If your one of those players that tries to find everything in the game you'll be playing for a long, long time... and probably look like this:;)

I'm not one of those players. I'll try and find everything in the game with one character but thats where I'll stop. I can't see myself playing again after that, even if I can choose a different class, weapons, powers, attacks etc. Then again, I do own the game and down the road I may want to dig into it again... :)

But see players like that can't really complain because they're not trying to fully experience the game as it is anyway. You've decided what you're going to do and that's pretty much as far as you will go. So you can't complain if that only takes 20 or 30 hours when there's about 20 or so hours worth of replay value that you refuse to indulge in. Now if a person plays it at least 80% through and feels like it's really lacking in lenght(like say Max Payne) THEN there is a legitimate beef.

It's true, there is hours of replay value. If your one of those players that tries to find everything in the game you'll be playing for a long, long time... and probably look like this::(

I'm not one of those players. I'll try and find everything in the game with one character but thats where I'll stop. I can't see myself playing again after that, even if I can choose a different class, weapons, powers, attacks etc. Then again, I do own the game and down the road I may want to dig into it again... :lol:

But see players like that can't really complain because they're not trying to fully experience the game as it is anyway. You've decided what you're going to do and that's pretty much as far as you will go. So you can't complain if that only takes 20 or 30 hours when there's about 20 or so hours worth of replay value that you refuse to indulge in. Now if a person plays it at least 80% through and feels like it's really lacking in lenght(like say Max Payne) THEN there is a legitimate beef.

Don't get me wrong. I love the game. I'll only complain about little things that may need changes, never the game though. It didn't take me 20hr to finish. I was too into it. I had to listen to all the dialogue and carefully pick my answers. Then when I found out I was Revan I couldn't decide which side I truely wanted to be on. I got right into the story.

It's true, there is hours of replay value. If your one of those players that tries to find everything in the game you'll be playing for a long, long time... and probably look like this::(

I'm not one of those players. I'll try and find everything in the game with one character but thats where I'll stop. I can't see myself playing again after that, even if I can choose a different class, weapons, powers, attacks etc. Then again, I do own the game and down the road I may want to dig into it again... :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I love the game. I'll only complain about little things that may need changes, never the game though. It didn't take me 20hr to finish. I was too into it. I had to listen to all the dialogue and carefully pick my answers. Then when I found out I was Revan I couldn't decide which side I truely wanted to be on. I got right into the story.

Finding out that I was Revan was one of those times when I wished I had more friends who played video games. I just wanted to call everyone who was playing SW: KOTOR and tell them I was Revan. I was so esthatic.

Ixon and Old School asked me to explain what I meant in an earlier topic within this forum. So I included my answer in this forum. That's all. My suggestion is stop saying that KOTOR needs to be longer. LOL

I don't think I did...sorry.... :lol: :ph34r: :p :ph34r:

The replay of value of KOTOR is immense in my opinion because of your virtually complete control throughout the game. It's not just Darkside or Lightside. What class do you want to have. Based on that class what do you want to focus on. And even if you learn towards a particular alignment your choices STILL might change. Sure I may kill everyone in my path on Taris but I could also liberate the Wookies on Kashykk if that's the way I felt. I'm free to be as moody as I want to be. Sometimes I'm a blood thirsty thug othertimes I'm the epitome of a do-gooder. And sometimes this is all in the same game.

Yes but the problem with the game is it's not long enough. It always leads to the same ending, so there's no point in playing even if you do whatever you want in it.

"The end justifies the means."

I don't think I did...sorry.... ;) :ph34r: :p :ph34r:

I meant to say Steve. My bad.

The replay of value of KOTOR is immense in my opinion because of your virtually complete control throughout the game.  It's not just Darkside or Lightside.  What class do you want to have.  Based on that class what do you want to focus on.  And even if you learn towards a particular alignment your choices STILL might change.  Sure I may kill everyone in my path on Taris but I could also liberate the Wookies on Kashykk if that's the way I felt.  I'm free to be as moody as I want to be.  Sometimes I'm a blood thirsty thug othertimes I'm the epitome of a do-gooder.  And sometimes this is all in the same game.

Yes but the problem with the game is it's not long enough. It always leads to the same ending, so there's no point in playing even if you do whatever you want in it.

"The end justifies the means."

It not being long enough and it having only two endings are two COMPLETELY different problems. The game could have several different endings based on what you do and still be the same length.

I agree. I mean come on. How drastically different will the game be with the main character choosing different classes, especially since you should be able to represent those other classes among your party. I don't expect the game to have great replay value but that's fine with me. I don't really have the time to play one game that many times. Not much time, lots of other games. Now maybe if there was a choice to be any class and not to be forced into being a Jedi I can see an interesting additional path or two there.

I agree.  I mean come on.  How drastically different will the game be with the main character choosing different classes, especially since you should be able to represent those other classes among your party.  I don't expect the game to have great replay value but that's fine with me.  I don't really have the time to play one game that many times.  Not much time, lots of other games.  Now maybe if there was a choice to be any class and not to be forced into being a Jedi I can see an interesting additional path or two there.

Seems like KOTORII will have a lot more replay value. Especially with all the NPC choices given to you. On top of what was already given in the first game. And there probably will be more.

If you don't have time to play a game over a few times, good for you! I won't have time come the end of August but right now, during the weeks of the summer, I have too much time. <_<

I don't think I did...sorry.... :unsure: :ph34r: :unsure: :ph34r:

I meant to say Steve. My bad.

Okay... :unsure::blink::huh::unsure::blink:

Besides all the Jedi classes basically played the same and since all we have in KotOR2 are jedi classes it really limits the replay factor even greater.

That's yet to be seen. I'm not going to deny that it could happen though. We've got Republic Camando and Battlefront to worry about soldiers, it's Jedi time! :unsure: