GS preview

GameSpy Kotor: TSL preview

Just in case some of you missed this. Sion does not look to be in the best of health, anyone got some skin care products?

Why do all sith have to be deformed? Palpatine went quite odd looking, vader got the whole bodysuit deal, maul had the tatoos (see how long he lasted), dooku seems to have all limbs intact, jerec had that odd visor thing and funny face tatoos, revan had the mask, malak lost the entire of his lower face...

I dunno, they're trying to make out the dark side as a bad thing.

Some of it is that the Dark Side corrupts. Perhaps with others it's that personal trauma pushed people already cradling between the light side and the dark side over the end completely. I suspect that's what Episode III will reveal about Anakin/Darth Vader.

I think part of it all may also be that a dark Jedi hardly lives a peaceful life. However, it's not like ALL dark jedi shows the signs of decay that others does. Take for example Jerec and his seven Dark Jedi. Most of them - with the exceptation of Maw - had few or no signs of having been fatally wounded in battle or so. However, it's not only battle that may affect the appearence of a dark jedi, but also that the power of the dark side is hard on the body and therefore has an effect on it. The power of the dark side is not an easy one to wield, apparently...

But it's true enough that we seldom or never see a Jedi who carries any signs of fatal wounds or the like - with the exceptation of Anakin, as far as I know anyway.

Despite the fact that many people who've played KOTOR has a negative view on it, I'm still very optimistic about the Februari release and can't wait to get my paws on the game :D

It seems that dancing with the dark side does cause some kind of physical loss. Though Anakin Skywalker's fall to the dark side began before he lost his limb. It was, however, the result of that action. His brashness. Luke also had a brush with the dark side. On dagoba, in the cave, he failed the test against the darkside and struck out in fear and anger. In the subsequent battle with Vader, he lost a hand.

The preview says five years, not 2 years. I don't know where you're getting 2 years from.

That the dark side corrupts the flesh by itself is a bit odd, in my view. Its almost like the dark side makes you ugly, and subsequently the light side makes you pretty. Maybe its more to do with the mental effects of using the dark side that promote carelessness or a desire to become more intimidating.

That the dark side corrupts the flesh by itself is a bit odd, in my view. Its almost like the dark side makes you ugly, and subsequently the light side makes you pretty. Maybe its more to do with the mental effects of using the dark side that promote carelessness or a desire to become more intimidating

HEY!

What isn

It seems that dancing with the dark side does cause some kind of physical loss. Though Anakin Skywalker's fall to the dark side began before he lost his limb. It was, however, the result of that action. His brashness. Luke also had a brush with the dark side. On dagoba, in the cave, he failed the test against the darkside and struck out in fear and anger. In the subsequent battle with Vader, he lost a hand.

The preview says five years, not 2 years. I don't know where you're getting 2 years from.

That the dark side corrupts the flesh by itself is a bit odd, in my view. Its almost like the dark side makes you ugly, and subsequently the light side makes you pretty. Maybe its more to do with the mental effects of using the dark side that promote carelessness or a desire to become more intimidating.

Sorry thought it was the Gamespot one you were talking about (really should look at the writing (dalm it).

Anyway in the gamespot updated preview it says the game is based 2 years after the first one.

Again sorry, on the plus side, I have just realised that there is a new preview to read. :lol:

You play with fire, your gonna get burnt :lol:

You play with the dark side, your gonna get horribly disfigured <_<

Btw Darth Maul was a Zabrak, ergo he was given the tatoo's at birth

I don't think Zabrak's are born with tattoos at birth. It's an aspect of their species to tattoo themselves but they are not born that way. The database on the Star Wars Web site I think states that Darth Maul adorned himself with Sith tattoos. He's very different than the Zabrak on the Jedi council for instance.