Yet another preview

Wow. Today appears to be the official 'Let's release info to the public' day.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

The first thing I was shown was a new planet called Onderon, which is ruled by a queen who is allied with the Republic. There's a bit of an upheaval going on right now, though, as half of the population feels that the Republic has done nothing for them but send their best and brightest off to die in an intergalactic war. The other half of the people believes that the queen is doing what is best for her people, and that her people should stand by her side.

The producer told me that you'll be able to pick a side and fight for them, play both sides against each other, or simply remain neutral. It's not really known if there are any advantages to any of these options, but that's part of what made the first game so great. You can choose to do whatever you want, and that's obviously the case here, as well.

Force Scream is a ranged sonic attack of sorts, as your character will let out an ear piercing scream that will either kill or stun any enemies in the blast radius. Unfortunately, the balancing hadn't been fully finished, so everytime we saw the power in action, it killed everyone nearby. The sound wasn't finished yet, either, so we only saw sonic waves radiate out from the character. Still, it looks like this will be a very powerful addition to any Dark Jedi's bag of tricks.

The first thing I was shown was a new planet called Onderon, which is ruled by a queen who is allied with the Republic. There's a bit of an upheaval going on right now, though, as half of the population feels that the Republic has done nothing for them but send their best and brightest off to die in an intergalactic war. The other half of the people believes that the queen is doing what is best for her people, and that her people should stand by her side.

The producer told me that you'll be able to pick a side and fight for them, play both sides against each other, or simply remain neutral. It's not really known if there are any advantages to any of these options, but that's part of what made the first game so great. You can choose to do whatever you want, and that's obviously the case here, as well.

Force Scream is a ranged sonic attack of sorts, as your character will let out an ear piercing scream that will either kill or stun any enemies in the blast radius. Unfortunately, the balancing hadn't been fully finished, so everytime we saw the power in action, it killed everyone nearby. The sound wasn't finished yet, either, so we only saw sonic waves radiate out from the character. Still, it looks like this will be a very powerful addition to any Dark Jedi's bag of tricks.

Where are you getting the info on Onderon? I would like to read the article.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Where are you getting the info on Onderon? I would like to read the article.

Sorry about that, I didn't see the link so ignore my previous post. Thanks

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

This Darth Sion guy looks like, he could be potentially an interesting character... :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

This Darth Sion guy looks like, he could be potentially an interesting character... :)

I hope he isn't a Frank Horrigan type, with nothing that interesting about him except for him being a 'big bad guy.'

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Interesting. The fact that we'll be able to be a Sith or a Jedi is very interesting.

That means that Atris could very well be our "baddie" at the end. Hm. Very. . .Very. . .interesting. . .

3 classes to 6 priestage classes to X combos of options to 4 sides. . .That is quite a replayable game Obsidian has made for themselves, and us of course!

(periods for added effect.) :lol:

Fnord.