Widescreen Resolutions

One of my biggest annoyances with KOTOR 1 was the limited number of resolutions. This wasn't really an issue until I got this laptop with its 1280x800 resolution. The fact that KOTOR doesn't support this resolution means I have to play it in 1024x768 and get the blurring pixel resizing of the LCD.

Can we get some new resolutions in part 2?

This has been answered in a new interview.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/lucasarts04/index.html

PC owners will be glad to hear that the game will feature a heads-up display that will scale with the resolution at which you choose to play the game, as opposed the display in the original game, which was locked at an 800x600 ratio

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I think he's talking about intermediate resolutions, as I think 1280 by 800 or whatever is. I don't have a copy with me, otherwise I'd check, but I'm fairly certain it lacked support for resolutions that were unusual - thus the, "widescreen" resolution bit of the topic. Could be wrong, though.

Heh, I just read that hands-on preview at gamespot. It sounds promising.

Yes, I do mean 'strange' resolutions. Many laptops and widescreen TVs use resolutions that games that have fixed resolutions rarely support. KOTOR only supported like 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, and 1600x1200 I believe. It lacked the ability to adapt to different resolutions since the developers had to redo that interface art for each resolution.