What view would you like in Project X?

How would you like to see the world in Project X?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. How would you like to see the world in Project X?

• First Person View (like Doom, Quake)
    • Third Person View (like KotOR, Gothic)
    • Isometric View (pre-rendered, like Fallout)
    • Isometric View (3D-style, like NeverWinter Nights)
    • Top Down (like Zelda, Ultima I-IV)
    • Purely Text Based (old style, like Zork)
    • Other (whatever that could be)

I've seen a lot of threads where people have been discussing various styles they would like to see in Project X. Personally I'm mostly interested in which view you'll be able to see the world through..

So which will "win"? Which is the most popular world view among the readers of Obsidian Entertainment forums?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

personally, I have no preference with the 3rd person, Pre rendered Iso, or 3D Iso. As long as it isn't 1st person. Deus Ex was the only 1st person "rpg" that I've enjoyed, but it was more a story heavy FPS than an RPG, so thats probably why it worked.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

if it's not FP it' ok with me :lol: i'll be happy with everthing else :)

Seconded ;)

"The purpose of abstracting is not to be vague,

but to create a new semantic level in which one

can be absolutely precise."

-Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

LARGEST SIG WINS !?

I'd like the ability for it to be 1st and 3rd.

these days thats just a camera thing, theres no reason why you cant have both.

One thing i'd like is an floating companion camera mode, maybe one that has acceleration, so its like a companion it floats above and behind you always looking in your general direction and then moves around when combat is on, giving you strange views.. it wont suit everyone.

Oh and one thing thats always been BAD in nwn and kotor is the selection boxes for large creatures (in nwn) and mines in kotor... they override everything because they're just too big selection wise.. quite a simple bug to fix but so far no patches have done so.

I might add that I voted for Third Person (like in KotOR). But I really want third person, like in Gothic (freelook!).

I'm surprised that the scores are so even. I was expecting the isometric views to take a huge lead, considering all I've heard from people on other threads. I'm glad it isn't so ;)

What about 1D virtual reality? It's the best view. Every other view isn't very good as it lacks that feeling of not being extant which 1D virtual reality has in copious myriads.

Oh, yeah.. I thought of that too. I put that option under "Other". Feel free to vote for it! (like two guys already have, I see.. :)

I dunno.

I kind of miss the 'good old days' of CRPG's where you'd have a FP view for most of the game, but iso for combat. Or not, I prefer isometric in general, I think. It certainly doesn't seem to detract from the immersion factor.

I prefer isometric in general, I think. It certainly doesn't seem to detract from the immersion factor.

It does, after you've played through Gothic/Gothic 2 about ten times for each game and fallen in love with that style. After that it's really hard to go back to isometric games..

Deus Ex didn't exactly help with my love for the isometric style either.

I prefer isometric in general, I think. It certainly doesn't seem to detract from the immersion factor.

It does, after you've played through Gothic/Gothic 2 about ten times for each game and fallen in love with that style. After that it's really hard to go back to isometric games..

Deus Ex didn't exactly help with my love for the isometric style either.

Like Hell Kitty, I think that isometric is more appropriate for party based games. I wouldn't want to deal with any 'rear vision mirror' type do-hickey to see my party members.