Darth Revan vs Darth Vader

Who would win? Revan or Vader  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Revan or Vader

• Darth Revan
    • Darth Vader
    • It would be a draw
    • Not a buggering clue...

U may think Revans story is crappy, myself, and many others,dont.

I aint blind to KOTORs flaws, and yes TSL will improve upon the original in evry single way.

I am just saying that despite what u think, many of us here like Revan, and i created this a sort of legendvslegend poll, since many see Revan as a legend.

I must say, i would hav liked for me to continue as Revan, but i can see the problems in it. For example, u would be so powerful as Revan, no one would or could challenge u at all. It would be far 2 easy.

Anyway, despite the incredible arguments some hav put forward for RevanvsVader, i still see it as a draw.

P.S. I hope we see Revan in TSL (no need to tell me what u think Nur) since i want to see how his story plays out.

More P.S. cant get evrything ur own way Gallo, sorry.

Even more P.S. LA start talking or im calling my squire.

I voted Revan because it's suppose to be a fun poll, and having fun, I say Revan wins when he zaps Vader with lightning :lol:

Seriously, I'm not really sure who would win. I think Darth Vader would have more experience and could take a lot of damage. Perhaps he is stronger in the Force than Revan. But Revan is not just a Sith Lord, he/she is the Dark Lord of the Sith.

I still think Revan is a great character, who is a great military strategist, charismatic leader and determined individual to do as he/she wants, and is willing to sacrifice anything and everything to achieve it.

And I honestly don't think the Kotor story or Revan's story was crap. I thought it was brilliant and it renewed my interest in Star Wars after it had waned with the prequels.

You are blaspheming unlettered man.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

If Revan would be really so powerful he would never fall on his bridge. He would

anticipate Malak's attack and create a force shield around him not to mention that this looser is the only dark lord to be ever catched and brainwashed by the Jedi Council.

If Vader survived fall into molten lava without anyone's help and later was able to exterminate jedi order (how many times do I have to repeat that) and DJ Revan almost died becouse of one shot (while Bastila wasn't scratched) that is obvious that Revan is much weaker than Vader.

Vader slew all jedi and DJ Revan let himself be manipulated by them. But yeah believe in DJ Revan's myth

Teenager Bastila would in a few years surpass DJ Revan and anyone. The fact that she could use battle meditation means that she was most powerful and best linked to the force Only most powerful forceusers can use battle meditation - Nomi Sunrider, Palpatine, Leia etc they all could use it. DJ Revan couldn't and that is all I want to know. All we know abour DJ Revan fantastic power we know from either Candeorus who doesn't understand force or stripper Yuhura or others but his exploits were in fact reduced to wise tactics and nothing more. Malak was better in lightsaber combat and game says that he proved himself in the battlefield while DJ Revan was hiding in command center and planning.

The only reason why you all have for DJ Revan so much respect is that he's our avatar in game and all the time you hear how special revan is. Well I'm too intelligent to believe simple propaganda and not so big idiot to compare pathetic avatar of mine with Vader or Luke or anyone. Real Star Wars fan would never do such idiotic thing.

If hero of KOTOR would be Exar Kun or Vima Sunrider or anyone and you would hear all the time how wonderful they (you) are. You would then believe that Exar/Vima/Anyone are most powerful in damn f.. universe. Geez

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Despite being a darklord, he is only human, and not even he can anticipate everything.

True that in a few years, Bastila would become incredibly powerful, but Revan's own power would also hav increased. Also, consider that if, Lightside or darkside, u decide to et Bastila live, she might teach Revan Battle Meditation.

Plus, if Malak was so good in lightsaber combat, how come u beat him as Revan, after Revan had been brainwashed i might add.

As Darkside Revan, u reclaim the mantle of Darklord. Bastila would gain more power over the years, but Revan would hav learnt from his mistake against Malak, increased his own power, and anticipated Bastila's challenge.

As Lightside Revan, Revan and Bastila would hav grown in unison together, eventually they would become as powerful as each other. They would be powerful alone. Now combine the 2 and u get an unstopable Jedi duo. Much like the duo of Luke and Leia.

(Pls note i am thinking of if u decide to let Bastila live)

Now imagine this powerful Revan vs Vader. After xtra years of training, he could hav easily become equal to Vader, even surpass him. Vader would also train, and would easily be able to keep up with Revan, and perhaps be able to keep one step ahead of him.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

If Vader survived fall into molten lava without anyone's help and later was able to exterminate jedi order (how many times do  I have to repeat that)

another 1000 times... no wait another 10,000 times :lol: :lol:

But I do have to ask, if Vadar was such a god then how/ why is it that he was killed by the palpatine/ emperor(sp?) at the end of return of the jedi? one would think that he would have been able to easily kill palatine since he was the chosen one after all... you know the one who was to bring balance to the force and be the most powerful jedi to have ever lived??? I would have thought that he would have been able to (as you say) anticipate palpatines every move and then when the time was right kill him with the blink of an eye.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Despite being a darklord, he is only human, and not even he can anticipate everything.

True that in a few years, Bastila would become incredibly powerful, but Revan's own power would also hav increased. Also, consider that if, Lightside or darkside, u decide to et Bastila live, she might teach Revan Battle Meditation.

Plus, if Malak was so good in lightsaber combat, how come u beat him as Revan, after Revan had been brainwashed i might add.

As Darkside Revan, u reclaim the mantle of Darklord. Bastila would gain more power over the years, but Revan would hav learnt from his mistake against Malak, increased his own power, and anticipated Bastila's challenge.

As Lightside Revan, Revan and Bastila would hav grown in unison together, eventually they would become as powerful as each other. They would be powerful alone. Now combine the 2 and u get an unstopable Jedi duo. Much like the duo of Luke and Leia.

(Pls note i am thinking of if u decide to let Bastila live)

Now imagine this powerful Revan vs Vader. After xtra years of training, he could hav easily become equal to Vader, even surpass him. Vader would also train, and would easily be able to keep up with Revan, and perhaps be able to keep one step ahead of him.

ehhhh then let's repeat that AGAIN

"If Vader survived fall into molten lava without anyone's help and later was able to exterminate jedi order (how many times do I have to repeat that) and DJ Revan almost died becouse of one shot (while Bastila wasn't scratched) that is obvious that Revan is much weaker than Vader. "

It is not Revan then is a Choosen One. It is not Vader that was tricked and brainwashed. But believe in DJ Revan anyway.

Considering Bastila: you can't learn battle meditation. You born with such ablility or not. Just like you born with force sensitivity or not. Ability of battle meditaion means that you are perfectly attuned to the force snd those who can't use it are beneath you.And after is 20 years old force user reach pinnacle of his force affinity. Revan already reached that pinnacle and couldn't move forward just like others-such is the nature of forceuser's life. Bastila's flourishing was still ahead of her. Try to understand this

Just like Anakin Skywalker in AOTC was in the same position as Bastila: he lost easily with Dooku but he was 19 and force was still growing in him and evolving. And official site says that during clone wars he grew stronger in the force. In EIII he will reveal max of his abilities and later as Vader will not proceed further

Stragate 2000: Vader was tored apart by an emotional fight. He couldn't think clear

and besides Palpatine is an "ultimate sith lord of all times" (George Lucas own words)

You people are childish. Stop with that sick Revan's idealizing and comparing him to classic SW characters. GL's word is holy and if GL says that Anakin is most powerful being and a choosen one that means that he is and Revan or any other fool cannot be even compared to him. FIN

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Stragate 2000: Vader was tored apart by an emotional fight. He couldn't think clear

and besides Palpatine is an "ultimate sith lord of all times" (George Lucas own words)

You people are childish. Stop with that sick Revan's idealizing and comparing him to classic SW characters. GL's word is holy and if GL says that Anakin is most powerful being and a choosen one that means that he is and Revan or any other fool cannot be even compared to him. FIN

I never said that I thought Revan would win in a fight between him and Vader in fact I think that Vader would more than likely wipe the floor with revan. But I just figured I would bring that point up. Yes I realize that Vader was battling his emotions but even still I find it very hard to belive that he could have been killed by palpatine since he was suppost to be the pinicle jedi even if palpatine was the supreme sith lord I would think that the battle with his emotions would have given Vader more power and thus allowed him to draw on the full power of the force.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

you say how anakin is the most powerful being (and i agree) but you also said earlier that exar kun was more powerful than vader and was the vader of his time. now thats not possible because what you just said means that noone ever was as powerful as vader because he was the most powerful. now think about that... dont thos two things kinda contradict eachother?

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

And i thought i was fanatical.

One problem about considering Revan furthuring his powers. we do not know his age. For all we know, he could be anywhere from 20-40years of age. (EDIT) I beleive him to be around 22-25

I beleive that there is no maximum to force abilities, that they can be constantly enhanced and improved upon. Bastila can use Battle Meditation because she has natural ability and has peace of mind when doing it. (LS terms i am speaking in after this). If Revan trained enough, he could become just as adept as Bastila, though nether surpass her.

"If Vader survived fall into molten lava without anyone's help and later was able to exterminate jedi order (how many times do I have to repeat that) and DJ Revan almost died becouse of one shot (while Bastila wasn't scratched) that is obvious that Revan is much weaker than Vader. "

The basic idea of this is that the force decided what happened on that day, not simple luck or Revan being weak, but because the force decided it.

There is one area that Vader is weaker in than Revan; emotion.

Revan would have gladly killed Bastila and her boarding party without even a second thought. Vader could not bring himself to kill Luke.

A second thing, (speaking in LS terms again) Revan was not redeemed by choice, at least in part, since he did not want to become a jedi again, until he was brainwashed,

Vader did redeem himself by choice, by saving Luke.

So perhaps Revan is stronger in strengh of will to the darkside

I do not beleive GL's word is so holy, not after the scandal of the release dates.

I will continue to beleive in Revan, since i like him so much, and i beleive him to be a legend.

True Vader/Anakin was the Chosen One, but that was not before a fall to the darkside, again perhaps showing his lack of willpower.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

you say how anakin is the most powerful being (and i agree) but you also said earlier that exar kun was more powerful than vader and was the vader of his time. now thats not possible because what you just said means that noone ever was as powerful as vader because he was the most powerful. now think about that... dont thos two things kinda contradict eachother?

Exar is an ancient equivalent of Vader: he nearly wiped out jedi. GL had some

part in creating this character. But he's still EU.

Vader is classic SW character and comparing Revan to him is a blasphemy.

Exar and Vader...who was more powerful? My opinion depends from my good or bad humor or many other things. In other word: it is evolving, sometimes I think Vader is most powerful, sometimes that Exar is. But they are my two favourite characters so I guess that it is not a big importance to me who of them two was more powerful

I do not beleive GL's word is so holy, not after the scandal of the release dates.

Don't blame GL for everything that happens on Earth. He probably doesn't even know about existence of such game as TSL. His empire is so vast that he only knows about most general things. You can blame him that EIII game will be console-only but not for TSL release. Do you really think that he has time to care about one game?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I dont blame it all on GL, but that is just how i feel. (No more talk on this pls)

I am starting to think of another thread (wont turn up for a little while yet) but it should be just as popular as this one.

Vader/Anakin is indeed the Chosen One, but as we all know, the furthur back in starwars history we go, the more powerful the jedi and sith are in power. Think about it, Vader may hav been most powerful in his time, but go back 4000years, and even with less midichlorians, Revan could easily hav been just as powerful as Vader.

Vader didn't actually loose his battle with Luke, in fact if you really read into it he wins his battle, it's what Vader had been trying to do all along for both Empire Strikes Back, but he was caught off guard when he found Luke was fighting with more force than he imagined. The Return of Jedi fight could easily have been won by Vader, how easy it would have been for Vader to just kill Luke, he left himself extremly vulnerable every attack he made (over handed attacks leave the legs open for an attack), though that was not what he wanted, what he wanted was to turn his son so he could stand together with him. That has always been Vader's downful his loyalty to those he loves.

Vader could liquify Revan with a mere gesture, maybe he'd torture him a bit, or possibly even battle with him just to quench his need for hand-to-hand combat. He is the greatest Sith Lord ever to walk, he is more powerful than the Emperor even, the only reason he hasn't killed the Emperor before was because he knew that the slightest elctric shock to his breathing devices would mean ultimate death.

Exar Kun would be more of a challenge to Vader, though he'd still be able to conquer him, especially if Vader took him on in combat, for he has no equal in combat before or after.

As you can tell I adore Vader. I only wish he lived for longer, so there could be a longer story to him than just the films :blink:

Think about it, Vader may hav been most powerful in his time, but go back 4000years, and even with less midichlorians, Revan could easily hav been just as powerful as Vader.

There is no evidence that Revan could be as powerful as Vader or Exar or Palpatine. All we know is some unreliable things we hear from game NPCs.

Revan's exploits rather show him as a forceuser with moderate powers. He didn't blow up any star system like Naga Sadow or freezed entire galactic senate like Exar. He's an example of Bioware's amateur approach toward the sith aspect of SW. And none a word about this. You aren't SW fanatic I am and I rate KOTOR through the lens of books and comics and other material. And I'm not amazed by it's content. Thrawn Trilogy had better ideas.

Vader didn't actually loose his battle with Luke, in fact if you really read into it he wins his battle, it's what Vader had been trying to do all along for both Empire Strikes Back, but he was caught off guard when he found Luke was fighting with more force than he imagined. The Return of Jedi fight could easily have been won by Vader, how easy it would have been for Vader to just kill Luke, he left himself extremly vulnerable every attack he made (over handed attacks leave the legs open for an attack), though that was not what he wanted, what he wanted was to turn his son so he could stand together with him. That has always been Vader's downful his loyalty to those he loves.

Vader could liquify Revan with a mere gesture, maybe he'd torture him a bit, or possibly even battle with him just to quench his need for hand-to-hand combat. He is the greatest Sith Lord ever to walk, he is more powerful than the Emperor even, the only reason he hasn't killed the Emperor before was because he knew that the slightest elctric shock to his breathing devices would mean ultimate death.

Exar Kun would be more of a challenge to Vader, though he'd still be able to conquer him, especially if Vader took him on in combat, for he has no equal in combat before or after.

As you can tell I adore Vader. I only wish he lived for longer, so there could be a longer story to him than just the films

My full support. This is how I see these things

It seems that on this forum there are KOTOR fans against REAL Star Wars fans!

But ultimately we'll set them straight. KOTOR is only a part of Star Wars and we know Star Wars better than some kids that want to believe that they are Revan, ruler of the galaxy.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

He may not hav blown up any starsystem, or frozen the entire galatic senate. But in 5years, he decimated the Republic through combat, and turning Republic soldiers and jedi over to the Sith, even with Bastila's Battle Meditation aiding the Republic. That simply shows how powerful he was in combat on a grand scale.

As i hav stated before, Revan's strength lies in saber combat. he would obvioulsly have applied his tactical genius to saber combat. He may not be as adept in the force, but in saber combat, i beleive Revan to be superior.

Besides, as u hav stated before Nur Ab Sal, we know little of Revan before his brainwashing. For all we know, he could hav been on par with Vader.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Thrawn ruined the Republic in six months. With veeery small fleet.

It really doesn't take much strategy when you have star forge that gives one fleet after another.

And besides being a skillful tactician has nothing common with being a force user. We are talking about Revan as a force user.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Revan was the stronger force user, he wasnt very good with a saber... that was Malak.

HK tells you this in a conversation, he tells you that "your apprentice was much more brutal and efficient in killing than you but you were always one to best him with the force", or something like that

Nur Ab Sal i hope you dont think that im one of those KOTOR fans you speak of. i agree with you totally except for the whole vader vs exar thing. and i wish thrawn could have been a sith he would have been a million times better of a sith lord than revan. he was a better tactician and strategist even though he wasnt force sensitive.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

I am a big starwars fan aswell, and i see KOTOR as only part of the starwars universe, but i am simply stating how even i beleive Revan and Vader to be.

I truly do see Vader as superior in force, but i see Revan superior in saber. I consider the strengths and weaknesses of both, not just in force ability.

It would hav taken longer for Revan to decimate the Republic, since Bastila helped the Republic survive by helping them win key victories.

When Thrawn attacked the New Republic, they were hardly into life, sorta like a new born baby, and the Remnants were far more experienced.

Also, we never saw Darth Revan use any force abilty at all. Again, showing how little we know bout him, and the possibility he could hav been on a par with Vader.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

If Vader survived fall into molten lava without anyone's help and later was able to exterminate jedi order (how many times do  I have to repeat that)

another 1000 times... no wait another 10,000 times :blink::p

But I do have to ask, if Vadar was such a god then how/ why is it that he was killed by the palpatine/ emperor(sp?) at the end of return of the jedi? one would think that he would have been able to easily kill palatine since he was the chosen one after all... you know the one who was to bring balance to the force and be the most powerful jedi to have ever lived??? I would have thought that he would have been able to (as you say) anticipate palpatines every move and then when the time was right kill him with the blink of an eye.

Vader died becuase his life support machines were utterly obliterated by the Emperor's Force Lightning attack, in fact it was only by Vader's will that the machines still worked.

If Revan would be really so powerful he would never fall on his bridge. He would

anticipate Malak's attack and create a force shield around him not to mention that this looser is the only dark lord to be ever catched and brainwashed by the Jedi Council.

If Vader survived fall into molten lava without anyone's help and later was able to exterminate jedi order (how many times do  I have to repeat that) and DJ Revan almost died becouse of one shot (while Bastila wasn't scratched) that is obvious that Revan is much weaker than Vader.

Vader slew all jedi and DJ Revan let himself be manipulated by them. But yeah believe in DJ Revan's myth

Teenager Bastila would in a few years surpass DJ Revan and anyone. The fact that she could use battle meditation means that she was most powerful and best linked to the force Only most powerful forceusers can use battle meditation - Nomi Sunrider, Palpatine, Leia etc they all could use it. DJ Revan couldn't and that is all I want to know. All we know abour DJ Revan fantastic power we know from either Candeorus who doesn't understand force or stripper Yuhura or others but his exploits were in fact reduced to wise tactics and nothing more. Malak was better in lightsaber combat and game says that he proved himself in the battlefield while DJ Revan was hiding in command center and planning.

The only reason why you all have for DJ Revan so much respect is that he's our avatar in game and all the time you hear how special revan is. Well I'm too intelligent to believe simple propaganda and not so big idiot to compare pathetic avatar of mine with Vader or Luke or anyone. Real Star Wars fan would never do such idiotic thing.

If hero of KOTOR would be Exar Kun or Vima Sunrider or anyone and you would hear all the time how wonderful they (you) are. You would then believe that Exar/Vima/Anyone are most powerful in damn f.. universe. Geez

vader didn't single handedly kill all the jedi, for one their numbers were stretched thin from the clone wars, and number two vader had the help of the clone troopers...emperor palpatine knew battle meditation? and u cant say revan isn't powerful cuz he fell on his bridge...revan was blindsided, you say palpatine was one of the most powerful force users same thing happened to him, he was distracted with luke and vader tossed his ass...and revan died from one shot cuz it was from a star cruiser for cryin out loud, let me see vader or palpatine or anyone else for that matter survive a full on shot from a star cruiser and ill shut up, i don't think vader was really all that great, maybe we'll see something actually spectacular from him in ep3...

p.s. an earlier post brought this up but why does vader take sheet from palps? it can't be just lightning to his robotic counterparts, i aint buying that, it has to be something else...

Oh and another thing I feel that the Bioware devs were trying to present an idea that Revan was more of a sorceror than a warrior. Vader on the other hand is both a warrior and a sorcereor, he uses more powerful attacks, Vader never showed his true talents against Luke, and we see very little of the Vader vs. Obi-Wan combat.

Vader has physical strength as well an insanly brilliant mind, whereas Revan is just smart.

Vader actually manages to wipe out the Jedi order save from 2 (expcept other Jedi which seem to keep popping up), not just almost or causes a dint, he actually destroys the Jedi.

If Vader survived fall into molten lava without anyone's help and later was able to exterminate jedi order (how many times do  I have to repeat that) and DJ Revan almost died becouse of one shot (while Bastila wasn't scratched) that is obvious that Revan is much weaker than Vader.

vader didn't single handedly kill all the jedi, for one their numbers were stretched thin from the clone wars, and number two vader had the help of the clone troopers...emperor palpatine knew battle meditation? and u cant say revan isn't powerful cuz he fell on his bridge...revan was blindsided, you say palpatine was one of the most powerful force users same thing happened to him, he was distracted with luke and vader tossed his ass...and revan died from one shot cuz it was from a star cruiser for cryin out loud, let me see vader or palpatine or anyone else for that matter survive a full on shot from a star cruiser and ill shut up, i don't think vader was really all that great, maybe we'll see something actually spectacular from him in ep3...

p.s. an earlier post brought this up but why does vader take sheet from palps? it can't be just lightning to his robotic counterparts, i aint buying that, it has to be something else...

I don't think you have much choice in the matter, Anakin/ Vader can't live without his life support. Now you put a sustained AC current through a DC machine for .05 of a second, and it will totally fry the machine, let alone for a good 5-10 seconds.

A better refernece of characters would be Revan vs Palpatine, and Vader vs. Malak.