Darth Revan vs Darth Vader

Who would win? Revan or Vader  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Revan or Vader

• Darth Revan
    • Darth Vader
    • It would be a draw
    • Not a buggering clue...

In this debate there is no debate! :) Uhmmm yea... it's obvious Vader would win because KOTOR takes place before the SW series and Anakin/Vader is the strongest Darth.... plus in KOTOR2 there's a chance Revan can be a girl.... so then vader would plain out wamp Revan. :D J/P

there's a chance Revan can be a girl.... so then vader would plain out wamp Revan.  J/P

Force potential doesn't depend from gender. You're a sexist caveman.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

there's a chance Revan can be a girl.... so then vader would plain out wamp Revan.  J/P

Force potential doesn't depend from gender. You're a sexist caveman.

Well for some reason there does seem to be an overabundance of male force users compared to females especially in the upper echelons, but maybe that is because somehow women might not feel the need to develop their potential to its maximum.

Just look how Vader fights with Dark Woman in "Extinction" man. It is Revan who was more vulnerable than Vader.

Wha? I thought you said in another thread that Bastila would easily defeat Anakin Skywalker (the buffed-up version of Vader.) In the game, Bastila comes out and tells Revan that he/she "is stronger than I am." If Revan is indeed stronger than Bastila, then according to your logic he/she should be able to have Vader as a light brunch.

True! but I've explained earlier that I support Bastila vs Anakin only becouse I like her! And here we have reverse of this situation: I like Vader more than Revan so I support Vader... :)

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

People (Nur inpertickular) seem to be forgetting one unervical LAW of Comics/Videogame/&Movies heros. That there powers always SCALE to the threat they are facing.

My fav. example of this law is Superman.

In one comic, you see him bench pressing the freaking moon and shrugging off nukes, in the next, Mongle crack him in the face and you see him wence in pain, and go crashing through a wall.

In some stories he has the strength to move planets, in others he struggles to stop some missiles from wiping out a town...

Ok. What do i mean by this.

We have Darth Vader. GL himself, (hate him if you must, but Star Wars is HIS baby, he is god of it.) has stated that Vader is the most powerful starwar Force users EVER. (I've read it many different places. and i'm to lazy to post a link. But if i'm wrong, plz feel free to correct me.)

Ok so Vader is the most powerful. We'll use that as a standered.

Did we ever see him....

use force lighting?

how about life drain?

Empolode a star?

steal an entire races life force?

No...

What did we see him do?

a few simple force chokes.

hit luke with a few boxes.

Block Hans blaster shots with his hand.

Ok... and that makes him the BADDEST jedi/sith of all time?

No, he's the baddest sith of all time becasue GL said so. We just haven't seen his full power yet, mainly cause he's not had a cause to have to use it yet.

obi wan was no threat at his age.

he never really want to kill luke anyway.

and he totally took the emprior by suprise and finished him off. (Palps for all his sith magics and powers didn't see that one coming? And you think Revens weak cause he didn't see Malek shotting him in the back?)

Truth is, we ASSUME Vader and Palpas are as bad as they are, because of what we are told about them, not by what we've SEEN them do. Nothing i've seen them do has been all that IMPRESSIVE. But we are told, and we can see, from how other Char's reactie to them, they'er bad news.

Same with Reven. We don't SEE him being a badass. But we get the difenent impression he WAS one. He had the entire jedi consult weting themselves. Malek was to afraid to face in in person. Reven, and a jedi, almost single handledly turned the tide of battle in the mandlerion wars, and defeated an almost unstopplabe army, because of his strenght of will and char.

Reven was someone special. Get over it. You may hate him if you must, but WAS powerful, he WAS a force to be reconded with, and I'm sure he'd give Vader a good fight. You don't nesserly have to be more POWERFUL to win a fight, you just have to be smarter. (I'm a batman fan, if you haven't figured it out yet.)

To make it simple, i'll brake it down for you.

Move hero's and villans will always appere weaker than Video game people. Movies are limited by Budget, Special Effects, and time.

Video games hero's won't seem as powerful as Comic or Book heros, cause they are limited, in order to make the game challanging, (if superman games followed the books, then chainsaw weaild tugs would do nothin to you, but they CAN hurt you, becasuse if you couldn't DIE, what challange would there be?)

but mainly becasue, comic and book hero's have NOTHING limiting what they can do. This makes them APPEARE more powerful, but that isn't nessarely the case.

Put Reven in a comic or book... he may supprise you with what he can do.

Besides, in the end, it's really all up to the reader/player/watcher to make the finel dessions about whatthey take away from the expearince.

And i think, MY Reven, would out think GL's Vader. Simply becasue i play MY Reven to be very BATMAN like. And we all know... NO ONE can take the BATS out. Period. B)

KingSnake.

in what movie\comic did darth vader block a blaster bolt with his hand? i don't remember seeing it in any movie, i still think revan would wipe the floor with vader, i dont care what GL says, and Ulic and Exar would wipe the floor with revan (even though im a big revan fan), and vader and palpatine as well...

in what movie\comic did darth vader block a blaster bolt with his hand? i don't remember seeing it in any movie, i still think revan would wipe the floor with vader, i dont care what GL says, and Ulic and Exar would wipe the floor with revan (even though im a big revan fan), and vader and palpatine as well...

In "The Empire Strikes Back" .. Han Solo fires at Vader when he reveals himself in the cloud city, and he blocks with his hand and pulls the blaster to him ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Ulic and Exar would wipe the floor with revan (even though im a big revan fan), and vader and palpatine as well...

Great words. I agree completely. At last someone said the truth.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Ulic and Exar would wipe the floor with revan (even though im a big revan fan), and vader and palpatine as well...

Great words. I agree completely. At last someone said the truth.

It just remends me of the whole, DC VrS Marvel Debate.

Who's stronger, Superman or Hulk?

Who's a better fighter, Capt. A or Bats?

Who's faster, Flazh or Quick Silver..........(I just can't take that one serisoly.)

What it boils down to is this.

1st and formost, option.

I have my options on why, Superman is stronger, Flash is faster, ect ect ect.

Someone else may have differening options.

it's fun, for the most part, to debate this stuff, but in the end, WE'LL never really know until.

Someone one writes it down and makes a story out if it. And when that happens, the fate of the Char's are in the writers hands. Normally, this kind of crap, for the most part, ends in a draw, or an imcompletee fight, or SOMETHING to keep the debate alive...(sometimes it's just fan boy's fullish pride...)

I guess what i'm saying is, there is no "right" answer.

anyway, my "right" answer is this. My Reven pawns. he pawns Exar. he pawns Vader. He makes Ulic cry, and pretty much is biggest bad there is... UNTIL, my NEXT Jedi, in TSL, takes his place. LOL. That's my option. My proof is, all in my head, just like everyone elses is. :)

Hehe. On a side note, I'm planning on looking into more Star Wars comics. Where's a good place to start? (like what would you consider, the begening, and how does it progress.) and is this stuff made up into Trade volumes yet, or will I have to go fishing for individual issues? (i hate fishing...)

KingSnake.

We've only stated our personal feelings don't get mad please...

Star Wars comics are great man. Better than books. I advise you to start with TPB they are easier to obtain and have a class. I buy individual issues only when there's no TPB planned.

Since this is KOTOR forum I suggest you begin with Tales of the Jedi series that is available on Amazon and B&N - I've posted TOTJ list so many times that I'm not going to repeat this.

Aside of this really great stuff is:

Crimson Empire

Crimson Empire II

Twilight

Darkness

Rite of Passage

Star Wars Tales 1

Defense of Kamino

Victories and Sacrifices

Last Stand on Jaabim

Light and Dark

Devaronian Version

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Darth Maul

Outlander

Jango Fett

Mandatory Retirement

I mean this is stuff that will not disappoint you, so you should begin with this

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Too large? Why? What's wrong with that?

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Oh no problem really.

You could start a new one ex. "Bastila vs Darth Maul"? Or "Revan vs Yuuzhans" or whatever. And BTW congratulations - your bastila vs anakin is most succesful thread by now.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Star Wars comics are great man. Better than books. I advise you to start with TPB they are easier to obtain and have a class. I buy individual issues only when there's no TPB planned.

Since this is KOTOR forum I suggest you begin with Tales of the Jedi series that is available on Amazon and B&N - I've posted TOTJ list so many times that I'm not going to repeat this.

Crimson Empire

Crimson Empire II

Twilight

Darkness

Rite of Passage

Star Wars Tales 1

Defense of Kamino

Victories and Sacrifices

Last Stand on Jaabim

Light and Dark

Devaronian Version

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Darth Maul

Outlander

Jango Fett

Mandatory Retirement

I mean this is stuff that will not disappoint you, so you should begin with this

Just FYI, I don't get mad. LoL. Not really. I guess i can come off that way on the boards, cause you can't hear the tone of my voice or my facial expressions. I'm sarcastic. And sometimes i'm blunt, but i'm very rearly angry at anyone. Not even you, dispite the fact your a raging EU fanboy. (again, playful sarcasim. :) )

Besides, you fanboys have your uses. Like now. Thanks for the list. :) I'll check into this stuff. My intrest in star wars is growing. I never really got into the comics when i was younger, cause i was avging. 20 different books a month... and couldn't afford to get many more... and i got this thing about coming in in the middle of storys and only getting half the run... I have major OCD, and imcompleteness drives me nutz.

but now, i don't read comics like I used to... Most of Marvels stuff really really sucks right now.... DC needs a restart/retelling in the WORST possilbe way... (I'm a firm beliver that, if you can't come up with new titles and heros, at least restart the books from a freash prosptive every DECADE or so... much longer than that and the history is TO confusing...)

anyway, long story short, i bassically don't read anything unless it's a special book.. last one i picked up was the sequial to Dark Knight... and it was so bad i almost cried...

so i got some money, and a void of time, that was normally filled by other books. So lets fill it shall we?

Anyway, thanks for the list, and no hard feelings.

KingSnake.

Thank you for that Nur.

I never thought it would be. It was just for fun. But heh, i aint complaining.

Anyway, after all the debate here, i am now leaning towards Revan (dont hurt me Nur) as the winner, but it would not be a certain thing. Vader could still win it.

I guess I am now undecided. I can no longer decide.

You're welcome KOTORFanatic.

KingSnake: I am disappointed with Marvel and DC too, although I like DC's "Veiled Alliances" comic that is really beatiful. It was written by Kevin Anderson as a prequel to his "Saga of Seven Suns" - really great thing.

I also regularly read "Red Star" series by Chris Gossett, one of best folks

comic industry has ever had.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Thank you for that Nur.

I never thought it would be. It was just for fun. But heh, i aint complaining.

Anyway, after all the debate here, i am now leaning towards Revan (dont hurt me Nur) as the winner, but it would not be a certain thing. Vader could still win it.

I guess I am now undecided. I can no longer decide.

I think they deleted your other thread.

anyway, i'll try to explain WHY i think MY reven would win. (notice i said MY reven. My reven is Uber LightSide, McGiver Like, Scout/Guardian. others will play stuff out differently)

Most of my view of Reven is shaped by what i've been told about him. Since nothing definitive has been writen, (and really, how could it be?) it's all a matter of how you see your creation.

My Reven is smart. Ok, more like a freaking Genusis. I've trained him in Muilty Skills, Droid Repair (he did create HK after all... sure i guess he could have had him made, but, in my world, Reven built him) Computer Hacking (goes hand in hand with Droid skills)

Being a amazing stratigest, his Awareness was top notch, Being a charismatic leader, his Persaion was top notich, and he knew basice first aid.

His saber skills were master level. Having masterd Dualing, Saber, Flurry, and Jedi Defence, he was as close to a master with his Light saber as anyone could be. Prolly give good old Mase a run for his money. B)

He was no slough in the force either. Much like a proper Jedi should, he trained in all light side defencive skills, no attacking powers, Save force Wave.

His defence is top notice too.

and in his little game world, NO ONE was his equal. (this is, also largely due to the fact the game was kind of easy... lol)

So, from my point of view, from how I built and played him, we was a top notce Jedi with a Genusis for materilay stragigey.

Could he beat Vader... it's really not a fair compersons, for the reasons i started above, BUT, I think mine would give him a heck of a fight. Like i said, it's not that my guy was more powerful with the force, cause he prolly wasn't...

All he needs is enough power to block Vaders power, which i think he could, after all i focused on defencive force powers. At this point is down to a saber dual, and I went to pain staking efferot to make my guy a saber MASTER. I have a hard time beliving anyone could beat me outright...

and even if Vader was better, i'd be good enought to hold him off... relize i was out classed, and retreat, and find a differnt way to defeat him. (basice batman logic. lol)

Same with Exar. I don't have to be MORE POWERFUL then him to beat him. I just have to be smarter, and more resorsful, and able to defend against his power... which I think i could.

But in the end it's all spectilive... cause... my reven isn't your reven... who isn't his reven...

So basically, it's kind of an answerable question, cause one of the persons involved can be anything we imanage him or her to be.

I Imanagian my guy to be one bad mother... how do you see your guy? :lol:

KingSnake.

I think they deleted your other thread.

I deleted the 2 contiuation threads since it dawned on me it just plain stupid to create them in the first place. (Topic starters hav the option to delete there own threads)

My Revan aint your Revan true, but we here are talking about Revan before he was brainwashed by the jedi. When he was dark lord of the sith. Not the Revan that you create.

Darth Revan is perhaps smarter than Vader, and more agile, but Darth Vader is incredibly powerful, and despite his perceived lack of speed, he is very formidable with a lightsaber, and force powers for that matter. Revan is aswell, they just seem so evenly matched that just one thing, even a minor thing, could swing the battle in ones favour.

It just seems like an impossible choice to me now.

Well, there is one thing I don't get here, so someone help me out.

Lucas came up with the midiclorian thing to explain force powers saying that the higher the concentration of the things in someone is, the stronger they are in the force.

So... does Vader being part machine mean that he has a lower total quantity of the things, even with the same concentration? Does that mean that he is weaker than before his mangling?

Does this prove yet again that the midichlorian idea is dumb? (heck i'll answer that: yep!)

Don't kid yourselves the books suck and in no way should factor in to this discussion, and I'm being pretty generous with the word discussion

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

You know, there are a number of things to factor in before we can decide who could win...

First of all, the reason Darth Revan nearly died on the bridge of the Sith Flagship could be partly because (maybe) that he was hit by a powerful electric spark or something sent shrapnel flying into his back or something. I wont say that he was hit by a laser since it would have caused a depressurization of the bridge (space is a vacuum). I have to state that Nur Ab Sal is not looking at this objectively and is obviously biased so his opinion is probably not the truth.

Second of all, Revan probably fell because he was not expecting that his apprentice would betray him at that moment. I doubt that Darth Vader would have been able to survive that either...

Third, it TOOK THE ENTIRE JEDI COUNCIL to wipe Revan's mind. Despite that, he still had flashes of his former life which shows the power of his mind. Revan was also a brilliant strategist and saved the entire galaxy from the Mandalorians. He commanded one third of the entire republic fleet at the end of the Mandalorian war.

Fourth, Revan was also the one who found the Star Forge and at Malak's death, he (Malak) admits that he only followed in Revan's wake and that Revan found all the star maps. This shows that Revan was a very intelligent being.

Okay well I'm a little late here....

While I think (personally) that Reven would win (and I voted as such) I think Lucas would have different plans. Anyway, Darth BAder simply didn't have the quickness for lightsaber combat (those old movies didn't hold a candle to that obi-wan v.s. Darth MAul duel at the end of PM, even yoda v.s. duku wasn't as good) he might have the Force Power to take care of it... even if he was nothing but a whiny punk of a teenager and... sorry getting carried away... nobody asks thier master "why?" ungrateful little... oh sorry again.

Personally, Palpatine wins in my opinion as able to crush both of them if he put his mind to it, and Exar Kun takes the cake as biggest, baddes, (and oldest) of them all.

Nur Ab Sal

Nice collections of comics you've written down there, but don't forget the lovely compilations of "The Clone Wars Volumes 1-4"

I havn't had my Grievous fix today. Sigh

-There is no Light or Dark. There is only Power, and those to weak to seek it!

-Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

-I find no joy in taking the life of someone that finds no value in it.

-If you only get out of life what you put into it,why not just keep it all to begin with and save a whole lot of waisted time and effort?

Crimson Empire

Crimson Empire II

Twilight

Darkness

Rite of Passage

Star Wars Tales 1

Defense of Kamino

Victories and Sacrifices

Last Stand on Jaabim

Light and Dark

Devaronian Version

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Darth Maul

Outlander

Jango Fett

Mandatory Retirement

finally, someone on this board with some sense :p, i also will recommend the jedi series (count dooku, mace windu, they just released yoda) and the entire republic series, quinlan vos is the ultimate, until we see ep 3 though, we will not know for sure if vader is the greatest that every thinks he is...