Darth Revan vs Darth Vader

Who would win? Revan or Vader  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Revan or Vader

• Darth Revan
    • Darth Vader
    • It would be a draw
    • Not a buggering clue...

Vader actually manages to wipe out the Jedi order save from 2 (expcept other Jedi which seem to keep popping up), not just almost or causes a dint, he actually destroys the Jedi.

Exactly while Revan let Jedi to brainwash him. And that's the difference.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

More you post more levels you get

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

I never thought this topic would be so damn popular.

Exactly while Revan let Jedi to brainwash him. And that's the difference.

Nur Ab Sal, i hav to say u r wrong here.

Revan did not let the jedi brainwash him. He had no choice in the matter.

Somehow, i doubt Revan would be a sorceror, by Revan's time, the knowledge of ancient sith magics had long been lost, and there would be little chance in rediscovering them.

Revan is not just smart. In reality, like Vader, we haven't really seen Darth Revans true talents, because all we hav to go on (for the moment) are stories from NPCs and a couple of flashbacks.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

I never thought this topic would be so damn popular.

When you are offending Darth Vader by comparing him to some third rate character from some not so important game, real fans have to react. You leave us no choice.

Other things:

In times of Revan the knowledge of sith magic was definitively NOT LOST.

It was only 40-50 years since downfall of Exar Kun and he taught something his

army of followers.

Revan wasn't strong enough to use sith magic. Bastila with her mental powers maybe but not Revan

Revan and Malak were amateurs. They weren't appointed sith lords by ancient spirits like Exar and Qel Droma were. They weren't legal.

End of discussion

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Ok, maybe the knowledge wasnt lost, but it must hav been becoming a little useless. I mean, these sith sorcerors always got killed in one form or another by jedi. So would it make sense to use it at all.

Besides, would Exars army of followers not hav been hunted down to extinction by the jedi, or simply hav given up with the death of their leader.

As far as i can tell, Vader and Palpatine werent apointed either. If i am missing something out of EU tell me, but as far as i know, Vader and Palpatine werent apointed by some spirit either, they simply seized it, much like what Revan and Malak would hav done.

I again raise the point of us knowing very little of Revans past, for all we know, he could hav been apointed by a sith spirit.

P.S. not end of discussion

Vader and Palpatine belonged to New Sith Brotherhood created by Darth Bane

1000 years before them. Bane was appointed Dark Lord by sith ghosts on Dxun,

the same way Exar Kun was. So as you see Exar, Bane, Palpatine and Vader are

LEGAL sith lords while Revan and Malak are just leaders of military rebellion.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Perhaps they were considered sith lords by the jedi, but didnt consider themselves sithlords, just leaders of a rebellion to remove a corrupt goverment. (At least at first)

I again raise the point of us knowing very little of Revans past, for all we know, he could hav been apointed by a sith spirit.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Ok, maybe the knowledge wasnt lost, but it must hav been becoming a little useless. I mean, these sith sorcerors always got killed in one form or another by jedi. So would it make sense to use it at all.

Besides, would Exars army of followers not hav been hunted down to extinction by the jedi, or simply hav given up with the death of their leader.

As far as i can tell, Vader and Palpatine werent apointed either. If i am missing something out of EU tell me, but as far as i know, Vader and Palpatine werent apointed by some spirit either, they simply seized it, much like what Revan and Malak would hav done.

P.S. not end of discussion

ACtually they followed the foolish laws of Darth Bane that stated that there can only be 2 sith lords, Palpatine was chosen by his master, and he chose, Maul, then Tyranus, and finally Vader. SO they were technically Sith.

Vader and Palpatine belonged to New Sith Brotherhood created by Darth Bane

1000 years before them. Bane was appointed Dark Lord by sith ghosts on Dxun,

the same way Exar Kun was. So as you see Exar, Bane, Palpatine and Vader are

LEGAL sith lords while Revan and Malak are just leaders of military rebellion.

Whilst by the Sith mantra as I have seen it (and all I know of Star Wars is the films, KOTOR and bits of the later EU from the Jedi Knight series, never read any of the books/comics, I'm told they're of variable quality and I have lots of other stuff to be reading :) ) those who have the strength, seize power. Who is some dead Sith lord to "appoint" me, I say, when my own strength makes me leader :ph34r: :ph34r: :)

I prefer that one. What does a Sith lord need of "laws" except his own? :ph34r: ;)

TSL will reveal that for sure.

those who have the strength, seize power.

Sith traditions are also important. With such philosophy you can be as well a mere dark jedi. Sith is someone who not only embrace pure power but also respect traditions of ancient sith empire that existed for 15000 years.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

To be brutally honest I'd have to agree that Revan must have been chosen, as he knew the exact location of the star maps and where to find them. (Although this wouldn't be a hard thing considering it is like 50 metres from the Jedi Academy...)

Vader was cool because of his voice to me, James Earl Jones played the part to perfection! Revan on the other hand had no such coolness in regard to voice acting, and I still loved him! maybe because I got to actually be him, make his choices/control him, I don't know but he had an ubercoolness about him that I cannot place. In regard to who would win, probably Vader because he was stronger in the force BUT sometimes that doesn't count, we all know what happened to poor Andor Vex! :D

Vader's skill with the force doesn't impress me at all in the OT. We see him use choke, move objects with the force and do some kind of force jump. Thats it? Not impressed. His skill with a lightsaber is pretty weak as well.

Vader is overrated. And people give him way too much credit. Chosen one this, chosen one that. Midichlorian count blah blah(any self respecting fan of star wars should automatically ignore anything to do with midichlorians).

I have yet to see Vader do anything that warrants all the hype around him being such a bad ass. Hopefully Episode III will change this.

Vader died becuase his life support machines were utterly obliterated by the Emperor's Force Lightning attack, in fact it was only by Vader's will that the machines still worked.

This is one way to look at it,though i have always belived that he died because he turned opon his master,Atcs of redemption of this kind always demands a great sacrifice.

ACtually they followed the foolish laws of Darth Bane that stated that there can only be 2 sith lords, Palpatine was chosen by his master, and he chose, Maul, then Tyranus, and finally Vader. SO they were technically Sith.

Though you must admit that Darth Bane's foolish laws works rather well compared to how it was in the old days.

Vader died becuase his life support machines were utterly obliterated by the Emperor's Force Lightning attack, in fact it was only by Vader's will that the machines still worked.

This is one way to look at it,though i have always belived that he died because he turned opon his master,Atcs of redemption of this kind always demands a great sacrifice.

Though you must admit that Darth Bane's foolish laws works rather well compared to how it was in the old days.

Maybe but the sith became extinct in the end of ROTJ, so it wasn't fool proof, in fact I'm amazed that that hadn't happened before then...

Vader I think would be better if they did the OT now. They would have the technology to make him really good like he was supposed to be. I think now I'm leaning on Vader being stronger. Oh and did you guys see them insert the Young Vader at the end of ROTJ on DVD?

I think Revan would win simply because of all the damn mechanical crap Vader has on......Vader would just be unable to match Revan's speed. Now if it where Revan vs. Anakin (before he got the suit) then it may be a draw but most likely Revan would die, Anakin would feast on his heart and crap out his soul.

If it was truly a fight of "who is the better villain" then Vader would win by far, he is truly the greatest villain I have ever seen.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

One other thing....what is "sith magic"?????

as far as I know basically dark side force powers... though I could be wrong on this.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png