Darth Revan vs Darth Vader

Who would win? Revan or Vader  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win? Revan or Vader

• Darth Revan
    • Darth Vader
    • It would be a draw
    • Not a buggering clue...

Still LA refuse to talk, and us bored obsidian foum ppl become more and more quiet, so here is my second just for fun topic.

Who would win? Personally, i think it would be a draw.

P.S pls talk soon LA, we need some new info, u r starving us. why? WHY? pls let it end.

Still LA refuse to talk, and us bored obsidian foum ppl become more and more quiet, so here is my second just for fun topic.

Who would win? Personally, i think it would be a draw.

P.S pls talk soon LA, we need some new info, u r starving us. why? WHY? pls let it end.

well da, they came here and saw some of us bashing them and still bashing them, so we aint getting nothing new. personally, they never should have said anything about a release dates, nor should they have said for a simutainious release dates.

although on the other hand, we did learn the release dates for both platforms at the same time.

anyway, i have no clue.

save for it was Darth Malak in the corporate sector with the leviathan.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

I have already explained my attitude toward pathetic bioware creature called "Revan" (sounds like some DJ...) so why should I waste my keyboard

again? Comparing him to a legend that is Darth Vader is not necessary. Vader would kill DJ Revan with bare hands.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Palpatine would have different opinion :lol:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal, we all know ur veiws on Revan.

We all know that Vader is a legend, but in my eyes (and the eyes of many others) Revan has evolved into a legend himself.

This is why i made this just for fun topic, because i thought ppl would like to discuss legend vs legend.

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

To me, they seem evenly matched in skills with the saber and the force, the reason why i chose the it would be a draw option.

Well, lets keep talking.

Who would win

I dont know much about Exar Kun or Marka Ragnos, which is why i didnt include them (u guessed it, i dont read EU)

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Well said!

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Okay, since no one has said it yet I'll say it: characters from EU and games a things will always have the potential to be bigger, better and badder than the characters from the films, for the very simple reason that anything goes in EU. In the films (especially the Original Trilogy) you simply couldn't create earthquakes or lightning storm for when ever Vader walked into a room, and the mountains will never tremble when he breaks wind, unlike Exar Kun is reputed to be able to do.

Vader is the logical choice for most powerful Jedi/Sith, biggest baddass in Star Wars crown, because he is the Chosen One. No one could match his raw talent with the force, but you simply couldn't get this across in the movies (so far - I have high hopes for Episode 3, which will no doubt be dashed).

As a character that we know very little about Revan is a cool character. The only way we ever get to see Revan as a character we do not play as is in the few movies in KotOR (Revan's Death and the Dantooine Vision). In just two short cutscene appearances Revan has created lots of fans and it has to be said that he does have style.

If they were given equal footing, as it were, then Vader would be more powerful, but Revan would get the points for sheer style.

Nur Ab Sal, we all know ur veiws on Revan.

We all know that Vader is a legend, but in my eyes (and the eyes of many others) Revan has evolved into a legend himself.

This is why i made this just for fun topic, because i thought ppl would like to discuss legend vs legend.

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

To me, they seem evenly matched in skills with the saber and the force, the reason why i chose the it would be a draw option.

Well, lets keep talking.

Who would win

I dont know much about Exar Kun or Marka Ragnos, which is why i didnt include them (u guessed it, i dont read EU)

OK don't get mad. I know you made it for fun. Not my fault that I have prejudices against Revan.

And talking about such duel: hard to tell becouse I don't know how many midichlorians Revan had. But on the other hand Revan almost died when Malak attacked his bridge while Vader felt into molten lava and survived - and was able to exterminate most powerful jedi of his times - like dark woman or others. This is something. I'm sure that Vader would never let himself to be manipulated like Revan.

And there another issue: comparing sith lords from movies, books and games is inadequate.

It took only one shot to eliminate Revan (while Bastila who was nearby wasn't even scratched) and he's the only dark lord that has ever been brainwashed by jedi.

It took one extremely powerful but unexperienced Jedi to dispatch Vader.

It took 20.000 jedi to destroy Exar Kun (and they barely SURVIVED)

Anyway I think that eventually Exar Kun would kill them both.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I have to disagree with the whole Exar Kun being able to take down Vader and Revan thats not gonna happen. George Lucas wouldn't focus the movies on Vader if he could just be beaten down by some obscure EU character. I'd say Vader could beat Revan but it would be a great duel indeed. I'd have to say though that Luke overall would be the strongest in the Force after a few more years experience.

It depends if you accept Star Wars as a whole (movies+EU) or only movies and EU is not important for you.

For your information: when Kevin Anderson was creating Exar Kun he had to consult this with George Lucas who wanted to have Vader's equivalent of the ancient times. Anderson got a list of things that dark lords can and can't do. And then he showed Exar Kun and his powers according to GL's vision. Besides

Gl later based his Darth Maul on Exar Kun.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

i know how all mighty exar kun and ragnos and tem were but simple fact that vader was technically THE MOST POWERFUL jedi sith EVER. i mean its kinda silly thinkin someone caused earth quakes when they walked. and 20,000 dont you think thats a little obsurd? thats CRAZY on man even vader could not fight 20,000 jedi at one time.

end of thread

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Besides Gl later based his Darth Maul on Exar Kun.

His abilities or his physical look?

Kun was more of a "wizzard", in that most of his strength was his use of the Force. Maul seemed more like a "warrior", who was awesome at swordfighting and combat.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

and 20,000 dont you think thats a little obsurd? thats CRAZY on man even vader could not fight 20,000 jedi at one time.

Jedi vs Exar standoff had a nature of psionic assault. Exar tried to wipe them out with powerful energies created by his sith magic and jedi united by Nomi Sunrider's battle meditation repelled this attack and turn it back on Exar...

His abilities or his physical look?

Kun was more of a "wizzard", in that most of his strength was his use of the Force. Maul seemed more like a "warrior", who was awesome at swordfighting and combat.

Agreed.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

I voted for Revan but I kind of want to take my vote back...

the low tech. in Episodes 4-6 made Vader look slow and clumsy with his saber, atleast compared to today... but truly I think he could win it, only person stronger is Luke...

I dont know much bout Exar Kun but 20,000 jedi all at once. That is way over the top. While i hav never read EU, i am sure it is a great series, but 20,000 jedi at once, it makes me wonder why some take it serioulsly (no offence).

Revan and Vader could problably fight off 4 jedi at once. I just think that 20,000 is to many to take serioulsly. Yes it is a comic book series, but it isnt some sort of warped cartoon.

Despite knowning full well that starwars is entirely fictional, i would like EU to make sense, and 20,000 doesnt make sense to me.

I made this poll Revan vs Vader because i knew next to nothing bout Exar Kun. Still, after this little discussion, at least i know a little.

(apologies for my little outburst earlier)

Luke never beat Palpatine, even after he became a jedi master. When he faced palpatines clone, he needed leias help. This is why he most likely will never be considered the stongest by most.

Anyway, i am suprised to see i am the only one who would think Revan vs Vader would be a draw. Oh well.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Like I said though Vader in the movies is most powerful. I don't read EU I like all the movies and the games though like Jedi Knight and Shadows of the Empire. I do however have to believe that Luke would surpass Vader. I mean he barely had any training he only had maybe 3 yrs training total. Vader had years to train and gain experience Luke was able to keep up with Vader even with his inexperience. Even Vader says, "most impressive". Palpatine even wanted Luke to take Vader out and take his place at his side and vice versa. This tells me that with more years in training and experience Luke would surpass Vader in everyway. Besides midichlorians alone do not determine how powerful you will be.