NPC/NPC interaction

Guest ChaosStorm

Guest ChaosStorm

Hope to see them again in KotOR 2. Those little convo's between NPCs. It's only a shame they are so rare in KotOR 1. On Taris you get quite a few of them (with the best one ending up in which Bastila knocks over Mission using the Force), but once you leave Taris those convo's seem to be gone. Too bad - I would love to overhear some chat between Zaalbar and HK47 or HK47 and T3 - could be great fun.

Hope to see them again in KotOR2. In the NWN community some people call those convo's annoying - I find them great fun.

I also thought they were cool. I wish there were also conversations between the NPCs and the player character himself/herself. The game would've also been cooler if there was more character interaction because it seemed like all the characters hated each other and only became friends with the player character, then just stood there doing nothing and not interacting with anybody on the ship :) . It was kinda fake that way. I mean if I met these 9 people, lived with them on this ship flying around the galaxy, walked around these planets with them, there should be more than them telling me some stories and having 1 or 2 arguments with each other :p

It will be good if npc's change their opinions of other npc as they change allignment.

Imagine if Carth could become evil:

Canderous- "Well Carth it looks like you have some guts after all. And a spine."

I would also like to know what T3 is saying when he beeps, though it may be too rude to put into words- Remember when C3P0 tells R2 to "Watch your language",

I wonder what R2 said then........

I hope Obsidian adds a lot more of these instances. I felt there were too few in KOTOR 1, especially during those long, boring walks through the desert on Tatooine or along the treetop walkways on Kasshyyk after you'd defeated most of the enemies.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hope to see them again in KotOR 2. Those little convo's between NPCs. It's only a shame they are so rare in KotOR 1. On Taris you get quite a few of them (with the best one ending up in which Bastila knocks over Mission using the Force), but once you leave Taris those convo's seem to be gone. Too bad - I would love to overhear some chat between Zaalbar and HK47 or HK47 and T3 - could be great fun.

Hope to see them again in KotOR2. In the NWN community some people call those convo's annoying - I find them great fun.

Agreed, those were one of those "little things" that contributed to KotOR's greatness.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I loved those conversation sketches. They made the NPCs seem more realistic because they were actually relating to each other.

I hope Kotor 2 has more of them, with also more by-play between the characters in the cut-scenes like when DS Bastila and Revan was reporting to the Republic Fleet before going to the Star Forge.

I also thought they were cool. I wish there were also conversations between the NPCs and the player character himself/herself.  The game would've also been cooler if there was more character interaction because it seemed like all the characters hated each other and only became friends with the player character, then just stood there doing nothing and not interacting with anybody on the ship  :huh: .  It was kinda fake that way.  I mean if I met these 9 people, lived with them on this ship flying around the galaxy, walked around these planets with them, there should be more than them telling me some stories and having 1 or 2 arguments with each other  :)

Akari said in one of the weekend progammer threads that there would be more interaction aboard the hawk and not so much standing around.

As for those conversations i liked them too the first couple of times through but after awhile they were just annoying cos they slowed u down.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!