wow.. this is really amazing

:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The diagonal lines give the appearance of waves and your eyes try to balance it out by making them move. Its an optical illusion.

Well, it's the brain's visual cortex that's being used, not the eyes. But yeah, it's basically a simple illusion caused by your brain attempting to correlate and order the information it's recieving from the eyes, hence the "movement".

newlogo.gif

The diagonal lines give the appearance of waves and your eyes try to balance it out by making them move. Its an optical illusion.

Well, it's the brain's visual cortex that's being used, not the eyes. But yeah, it's basically a simple illusion caused by your brain attempting to correlate and order the information it's recieving from the eyes, hence the "movement".

;) How many things in reg life are illusions by the brain to try to 'correlate to the persons reality' then I wonder :lol:

Ambrosia3.gif

Ah! My new desktop. ;)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta