Is TSL the best upcoming star wars game?

Which games will you buy?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which games will you buy?

• Just KOTOR 2
    • Just Republic commando
    • Both on release
    • KOTOR 2, then later RC when it's cheaper
    • RC, then later KOTOR 2 when it's cheaper
    • None. (Unlikely I know)

We all know how the release of international x-box and pc kotor after USA has angered people, some have vowed to take some type of vengence.

However I see another potential problem for Lucasarts (other than annoying it's fans).

The release date of febuary for KOTOR 2 now matches that of another star wars title: 'Republic Commando'.

It seems to me that releasing 2 star wars games at the same time will hurt the sales of both games, and reduce the profits Lucasarts will make. Since most people will want both games but will not want to spend the money on 2 games at once, they will only buy one of the games.

So......which will YOU be getting. I (and I assume most of you) will favour getting KOTOR 2 first. What makes KOTOR stand out as THE best star wars game to buy.

For me it's better a story, more complex.

What makes the rest of you keen on KOTOR?

I'll be getting KOTOR 2 when it's released and possibly pick up Republic Commando when it hits the bargain bins, or at the very least, when it gets its first price drop.

As you mentioned, it's the story aspect that I enjoy, so RC doesn't hold my interest as much since it's not story-driven (atleast not to the extent TSL is supposed to be).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

i wouldnt say its gonna be the best to buy. i need more info on the episode 3 game to say that. ive read that it was stated that the episode 3 game will give u the most authentic jedi game. and my favorite thing about SW is jedi and sith so i might like that one better if its as good as it sounds

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

Is this how you will gain 'vengence' on Lucasarts?  :ph34r:

I wouldn't call it vengeance. Seeking revenge wouldn't be a Jedi thing to do. B)

Perhaps you could just 'return' the favour to Lucasarts for ignoring the pc users. ;)

I'm glad he changed his original title. 'Revenge of the Jedi' doesn't have the same ring to it.

Nor would 'Return of the Sith'.

Is this how you will gain 'vengence' on Lucasarts?  :ph34r:

I wouldn't call it vengeance. Seeking revenge wouldn't be a Jedi thing to do. B)

and we know how much you like Jedi. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

KotOR II of course.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You forgot to add the new Episode III game coming out around the time of the movie, that game is gonna be so cool!

If only there where a game that combind KotOR 2 and the new Episode III game....I would be so happy I would have to cry.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

We all know how the release of international x-box and pc kotor after USA has angered people, some have vowed to take some type of vengence.

However I see another potential problem for Lucasarts (other than annoying it's fans).

The release date of febuary for KOTOR 2 now matches that of another star wars title: 'Republic Commando'.

It seems to me that releasing 2 star wars games at the same time will hurt the sales of both games, and reduce the profits Lucasarts will make.  Since most people will want both games but will not want to spend the money on 2 games at once, they will only buy one of the games.

So......which will YOU be getting. I (and I assume most of you) will favour getting KOTOR 2 first.  What makes KOTOR stand out as THE best star wars game to buy.

For me it's better a story, more complex.

What makes the rest of you keen on KOTOR?

KOTOR 2, by far. Proobably not getting republic commando.

Kinda reminds me of a old proverb : "If you go after two rabbits, you lose both."

just TSL

FPS Games are ****  :lol:

I'll get KOTOR 2 but the info drought has caused my interest to drop to near 0.

Same to both of these here...

people sometimes say stuff like, why not play another lucas game while waiting for KOTOR. I don't care about almost any games nowadays and I have no affinity towards any new LA games. I'm also pissed off, though my interest has rebounded.

Guest ChaosStorm

No ammount of Star Wars will ever make me buy a first person shooter - I hate those games so I will never buy Republic Commando, even not if they actually pay me to buy it :p

And besides - no lightsaber :p

I think that RC and KOTOR2 won't hurt each other's sales too much. If you do not count the total Star Wars obsessed fans they don't appeal to the same audience. People who want a story will play KOTOR2. People who don't care about a story and only want to fight will play RC. Only a select few of Star Wars fans will want to play both games.