Please make KOTOR 2 longer!

Was KOTOR too short?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Was KOTOR too short?

• Yes
    • No

Let me start by saying that, all things considered, I very much enjoyed the first KOTOR game. Now, I know that with any good game a big complaint is usually "I want more!" The thing is though, KOTOR really was abnormally short. Everyone I've asked said that's their main beef with the game. It promised so much depth and variety, and so I was kind of imagining Morrowind (IMO best single player game ever made for PC) with lightsabers. Big let down. And the main thing it was lacking was the depth. This not only made the game short, it gave it zero replay value. I tried both light and dark, and there's hardly any difference. Different char appearance, force powers, dialogues, and ending. Whoopdido. In Morrowind, not only did you have many factions to choose from (I realize the point of this game is to have 2 factions, so that's not really my beef), but every faction could be like a whole new game. You were sent to different places, different NPCs, did different things.

Summary: Great concept. Make it longer. Give it more depth. More dynamic char options. This has the potential to be better than Morrowind, or any game made yet for that matter. KOTOR 1 fell short of that expectation of mine. Please, do better with #2.

KotOR has provided me with about 300 hours of gaming experience.... :lol:

Same here. There were a ton of different ways to play the game not just deciding between light and dark. To me the large replay value makes up for the relative shortness of the game. I'm not even sure how big a fan I would be of lengthening it. The longer a game is the longer it takes for me to know the end.

I would also like the so-called replay value explained. I played the game first time around as light. Loved the plot, loved the story line. But, when I saw there was only 4 places to go for the main quest, I was like "okay, this must be the first phase of the game. More worlds will surely open up after I find these 4 artifacts, or new areas of these worlds." Imagine my confounded chagrin when this was limited to a single, relatively smaller (and prior I would have thought this impossible), end world.

With the size and depth of modern games, I don't see how one could call KOTOR 1 anything but short. Especially considering it was an RPG. From my RPG experiences, I would expect a 4 part scavanger hunt to be perhaps one of about ten or more parts in a main story line. Granted, they managed to slow one down with sidequests, but even then I found it short. In fact, when I replayed the game for the darkside I found only one new area which I had previously missed. And it wasn't a big deal either, just a room I hadn't looked into. That's not replay value, IMO. Going to the same place, doing the same thing, just with a different undertone is NOT replay value. It's redundant. In the end, KOTOR 1 left me wishing they had, in fact, simply made Morrowind with lightsabers. Heck, Bethasda included a consumer-friendly editing program so you could make your own quick and easy mods to the game. Maybe someone could just take that and make a Star Wars conversion. Okay, I kid. But the point is, KOTOR 1 lacked any real depth. KOTOR 2 needs to be done so that the two force sides and other things actually alter your progression, making you do totally different things. Then you could go back and play another way and experience new places, people, events. Otherwise, I see no point in not uninstalling a game after it's finished. But that's just me.

KOTOR 1 was around 20 hours for me. Though it had alot of replay value I thought.

Oh and I did all the sidequests.

I never finished Kotor1 under at least 50 hours with all sidequests and fully listening to all dialogues. The game wasn

I'm not sure how long my entire play throughs took, but judging by my save games just before the confrontation with Malek (which probably added another 3 to 5 minutes play time on), it ranged from 22 minutes to 34 minutes (my first play thru).

As has been stated, replay value is important, IMO, than length. I'd rather have a game that is fun to replay over and over, but may be a tad short, rather than a game that seems to go on forever, but is painfully boring.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not sure how long my entire play throughs took, but judging by my save games just before the confrontation with Malek (which probably added another 3 to 5 minutes play time on), it ranged from 22 minutes to 34 minutes (my first play thru).

As has been stated, replay value is important, IMO, than length. I'd rather have a game that is fun to replay over and over, but may be a tad short, rather than a game that seems to go on forever, but is painfully boring.

^agrees...

I'm on my fourth time through.  I'm definately looking at guides to get everything so I think this will be the last time I play it through :ph34r:

GUIDES? GUIDES? An OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!

:D Well its already owned my life three times in a row. I'm not going to take even more time trying to do everything I possibly can. So I'll just get some help from a walkthrough so it goes by quicker and I can see what it would've been like had I done everything.

kotor took me like 1,000,000 hours to finish the first time according to the games recording.. lol... But really it took like 60 hours or so.. I take my time with such high quality games.. Its like top notch food. I savor it. When Im starving and im eating fast food I just inhale it down. Different with like the croissants i get in Gearhart Oregon mmmmmmmmmmmm those r sooo good.

When I give a dog a top notch chunk of beef jerky and it chews once then swallows... I feel I shouldnt give it anymore.. lol.

I would love kotor 2 to be longer most definetly tho. I imagine its about the same length but more variation in every run thru=more replay value.

Ambrosia3.gif