Losing your connection to the Force

rika

Okay, I admit I don't know a lot about the Star Wars universe so I was wondering how does your PC lose his/her connection to the Force and get exiled?

Is it possible to get your connection blocked by someone else? If this was possible then I was thinking that maybe your PC betrayed Revan and Revan destroyed your connection to the Force, forcing you to flee to the Outer Rim. Or that you were loyal to Revan, and the Sith wanted you to betray him/her, and in the aftermath of the battle, you lost your Force powers?

Or does one lose their connection to the Force such as with a psychological block? So your PC was depressed by the brutality of war, and lost their connection...

If someone could explain it to me, I would appreciate it.

I think it is possible for powerful Jedi to sever other Jedi's connections to the Force. Nomi Sunrider did this to Ulic Qel-Droma (from what I know). Maybe the Jedi Masters on Coruscant did that to your character, but since they are dead now the effect is weakening.....

Just a guess, since I don't read the EU stuff.

Maybe character just vowed to never use force again and lost experience? Like Kyle Katarn - in the beginning of Jedi Outcast he cannot use the force.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Kyle Katarn succumbed to the dark side when investigating ancient sith temple on planet Dromund Kaas. Mare Jade who later came to this planet met Kyle transformed into dark warrior, she was able to return him to the light. Then Kyle decided that Force is too dangerous for him to play and resigned from being a jedi.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Kyle Katarn succumbed to the dark side when investigating ancient sith temple on planet Dromund Kaas. Mare Jade who later came to this planet met Kyle transformed into dark warrior, she was able to return him to the light. Then Kyle decided that Force is too dangerous for him to play and resigned from being a jedi.

Wow...you do know everything there is to know. Thanks for enlightening me. ^_^

We all know this "forgetting the force" stems from the fact that game devs want your char to start from the ground and work you way up. There is really no logical or EU explanation to it.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Like for many other things in KOTOR.

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

he just lost touch with it im guessing from not using it. i always thought the pc went into the mandalore wars and then he came back and the council stripped him of his title as a jedi and sent him into exile. and there doesnt have to be a mundo coolio explanation with things like was said earlier if u dont use skills u know u arent as good with them.

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together

but seriously, the notion that one could forget how to use the force is ludicrous. if it was so damn important to the devs to have the PC run around with blasters and vibroblades the first levels then why not slap in a reason we can belive in...

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

From a RPG standpoint, you can't loose your connection to the force. But since Obsidian don't adhere the d20 rules as canon, it will probably explained through the story (i.e. Ulic Qel-droma).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Maybe ur character tried to stop Revan and Malak from going down the dark path but couldn't and as a result he couldn't consider himself a jedi nymore and through away his light saber and stopped using the force.

look at it this way if u study martial arts and then stop fer a few a yrs and go back u can't do **** until u get goin again u know what I mean

Maybe ur character tried to stop Revan and Malak from going down the dark path but couldn't and as a result he couldn't consider himself a jedi nymore and through away his light saber and stopped using the force.

look at it this way if u study martial arts and then stop fer a few a yrs and go back u can't do **** until u get goin again u know what I mean

You have a good point. I find it entirely feesible to have your ability to use the Force weakened if you go for several years without using it.

he just lost touch with it im guessing from not using it.  i always thought the pc went into the mandalore wars and then he came back and the council stripped him of his title as a jedi and sent him into exile. and there doesnt have to be a mundo coolio explanation with things like was said earlier if u dont use skills u know u arent as good with them.

Great. In KotoR we got to play someone of Revan's legend himself, and in TSL all we get is some sucky Jedi wannabe...

<_<

manthing2.jpg

he just lost touch with it im guessing from not using it.  i always thought the pc went into the mandalore wars and then he came back and the council stripped him of his title as a jedi and sent him into exile. and there doesnt have to be a mundo coolio explanation with things like was said earlier if u dont use skills u know u arent as good with them.

Great. In KotoR we got to play someone of Revan's legend himself, and in TSL all we get is some sucky Jedi wannabe...

<_<

^But they apparently have some connection with Revan if they get to

planet hop in his ship, using his droids. That has to speak for their status

a little bit. :lol:

He could have rejected it for some reason, and over time of not using it caused him to sort of get "out of practice".

Then again he could of just got out of practice due to laziness, but the whole "rejecting" part sounds like a better story.

Or like someone else said some master...perhaps Kreia...could have taken it from him.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

one more thing that speaks against the logic of "he was away for a long time and didnt use the force so he forgot all about it" is that both Kenobi and Yoda spent decades in exile on strange backwater planets and still retained all their mojo.

shure, I guess they could have do some force-pushups from time to time to keep in shape but its implied that they did ..nothing.

he didn't really lost his connection to the force ....

i mean, logic tells me if you loose your connection then there's no way you're gonna get it back. If you dont use it anymore however.... to me the force seems like typing, if you keep it up you'll type fast and flawlessly (not in english though) if you dont use it you'll unlearn it.