UFOs in Mexico

Product of the Cosmos

Did you hear about the UFO happening in Mexico?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Did you hear about the UFO happening in Mexico?

• Yes, I heard about the whole thing
    • Yes, but only a small amount
    • No, what the hell are you talking about?
    • No, but whatever happened, it wasn't EBE's

I fully believe there are aliens out there, it's preposterous to think otherwise. But whether they've been to earth, have abducted people, have left strange markings and so on, I'm not so sure.

I'd like to believe that some of what is reported as alien encounters is real, but there is not the proof to substantiate any of it.

newlogo.gif

wow!  Another thing that is downplayed by the media here.  At least CNN has the balls to report it.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/09/02/s...reut/index.html

"LONDON, England (Reuters) -- An unexplained radio signal from deep space could -- just might be -- contact from an alien civilization, New Scientist magazine reported on Thursday."

Amazing!

V~holy **** I had no idea something like this is used on the WWW~V

"The potentially extraterrestrial signals were picked up through the SETI+home project, which uses programs running as screensavers on millions of personal computers worldwide to sift through the huge amount of data picked up by the telescope."

Not really on topic, and kind of reinforces the viewpoint I'm sure many people here share that you're one to jump to conclusions, eh? :rolleyes:

There could be all sorts of explanations for it. It's simply an "interesting signal", AFAIK.

That's not to say I think the sightings in Mexico aren't intriguing. But for bystanders like ourselves there really are no trustworthy sources, since if you accept the idea that extraterrestrials really have been monitoring us all through the civilized age then the fact that we've been kept in the dark about it validates pretty much every wacko theory about governments conspiring hush it all up and mislead us! You really can't know without personal experience, can you... :rolleyes:

How is posting something possible jumping to conclusions? I never said we we're contacted by an alien race based on that link. lol.

And your right, without personal experience, most people wouldn't know. Speculation is all the average citizen has. And if one investigates certain things, that speculation becomes more and more likely..

And ETs monitoring us has nothing to do with conspiracy theories in the government IMO. If I saw a infantile developing race I would be interested to watch and study as well.

Ambrosia3.gif

There are probably aliens somewhere, they've never been to earth but even if they did come here, why mexico? Why just buzz some mexican planes? This makes no sense. Unless you remember that all it takes to be a ufo is to fly and have some nut not know what you are.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Thank you Nartwak, now, do you know where I can buy one? :D

Actually, I really have seen a 'UFO' at least, it was a damn low flying aircraft, came just about right over my head, for god only knows what reason, was kinda wigging out swaying from side to side. When it was just over my head, there was a bunch of pressure on me, like someone was standing on top of me. I later found out from a friend though, that it was probably just one of these: An Aurora.....which hasn't really been declassified yet, but there's some evidence to suggest it exists, and the SR-71 wasn't released until 20 years after it had been put into service. I doubt everything about it said here was true however. I imagine it was just a liftfan like that found in the Joint Strike Fighter, not a full blown anti-grav unit.

The theory that this WAS a government aircraft is lended merit because I later found out from my parents that there's an USAF base a little ways away from me. Too bad, it would've been neat to have a close encounter with the 'third' kind. ;)

wow!  Another thing that is downplayed by the media here.  At least CNN has the balls to report it.

"LONDON, England (Reuters) -- An unexplained radio signal from deep space could -- just might be -- contact from an alien civilization, New Scientist magazine reported on Thursday."

Amazing!

"The potentially extraterrestrial signals were picked up through the SETI+home project, which uses programs running as screensavers on millions of personal computers worldwide to sift through the huge amount of data picked up by the telescope."

Not really on topic, and kind of reinforces the viewpoint I'm sure many people here share that you're one to jump to conclusions, eh? :lol:

There could be all sorts of explanations for it. It's simply an "interesting signal", AFAIK.

That's not to say I think the sightings in Mexico aren't intriguing. But for bystanders like ourselves there really are no trustworthy sources, since if you accept the idea that extraterrestrials really have been monitoring us all through the civilized age then the fact that we've been kept in the dark about it validates pretty much every wacko theory about governments conspiring hush it all up and mislead us! You really can't know without personal experience, can you... :unsure:

How is posting something possible jumping to conclusions? I never said we we're contacted by an alien race based on that link. lol.

And your right, without personal experience, most people wouldn't know. Speculation is all the average citizen has. And if one investigates certain things, that speculation becomes more and more likely..

And ETs monitoring us has nothing to do with conspiracy theories in the government IMO. If I saw a infantile developing race I would be interested to watch and study as well.

Good points.

If we assume that ET is monitoring us and that ET takes the form many of the stories converge to (i.e. at least a few of them are likely to be correct), the idea that Governments know about this and are conspiring to keep the general populace in the dark about it starts looking more likely simply because of the number of these tales that involve government cover-up. For the governments, I can see motivation to cover it up were they aware of it: to avoid panic in the short term, and because many people in those positions tend to be set in their ways and to have personal interests best looked after by maintaining the status quo.

What possible motivation, however, has ET in this scenario to make our world leaders aware of their presence whilst concealing themselves from the rest of us? ET appears to get nothing out of Earth apart from observational data, whilst the Government-conspiracy theories also involve alien technology being given to the US government in particular, a large amount of it ending up in military hardware. If ET is tampering to help us grow and improve as a species, offering us better ways to blow each other up isn't going to help! The only thing I can think of at the moment is that ET do need something or other we have, badly, and don't wish to just rip in and take it; the secret negotiators sent by our Governments realised this and bargained hard, extorting weapons technology out of them in exchange for it, ET seeing us blowing each other up a lesser evil than them blowing us up.

This is completely mad :D :D Whaddayathink?

Amazing!

Not really on topic, and kind of reinforces the viewpoint I'm sure many people here share that you're one to jump to conclusions, eh? ;)

That's not to say I think the sightings in Mexico aren't intriguing. But for bystanders like ourselves there really are no trustworthy sources, since if you accept the idea that extraterrestrials really have been monitoring us all through the civilized age then the fact that we've been kept in the dark about it validates pretty much every wacko theory about governments conspiring hush it all up and mislead us! You really can't know without personal experience, can you... :blink:

Good points.

If we assume that ET is monitoring us and that ET takes the form many of the stories converge to (i.e. at least a few of them are likely to be correct), the idea that Governments know about this and are conspiring to keep the general populace in the dark about it starts looking more likely simply because of the number of these tales that involve government cover-up. For the governments, I can see motivation to cover it up were they aware of it: to avoid panic in the short term, and because many people in those positions tend to be set in their ways and to have personal interests best looked after by maintaining the status quo.

What possible motivation, however, has ET in this scenario to make our world leaders aware of their presence whilst concealing themselves from the rest of us? ET appears to get nothing out of Earth apart from observational data, whilst the Government-conspiracy theories also involve alien technology being given to the US government in particular, a large amount of it ending up in military hardware. If ET is tampering to help us grow and improve as a species, offering us better ways to blow each other up isn't going to help! The only thing I can think of at the moment is that ET do need something or other we have, badly, and don't wish to just rip in and take it; the secret negotiators sent by our Governments realised this and bargained hard, extorting weapons technology out of them in exchange for it, ET seeing us blowing each other up a lesser evil than them blowing us up.

This is completely mad :D :D Whaddayathink?

Mainly what the people who buy into these theories think the aliens want are slaves, food depending on the type (I don't really believe in the conspiracy theories, but they do interest me in the way a good science fiction book does) and natural resources. Other theories include that they're placing implants in use to 'control our brains' while the US gov is doing the exact same thing to counter the alien's implants, as the aliens eventual goal is to take over out planet after having collected enough data. As I said above, I think most of it is a load of bunk junk that continues to grow the way urban legends do....but one can't really be sure. Damned entertaining to read about it though. :D

If you watch the old made for TV miniseries V you should get a good idea what I mean. :)

Hmmm :blink:  Slaves?  Scary.  But ET does tend to be portrayed as a bit sinister, CTTOI.  Have you seen the movie Fire in the Sky?

This whole thing has got me browsing here and there, so I'm currently entertaining myself with The Krill Archives...  :D :D

Well, not all of them in the conspiracy theories. The Greys are supposed to do most of the dirty work and actual contact with humans, while the Reptiloids are overlords to the Greys just as much so to humans. The Greys are supposed to like humans though, and think we're extremely beautiful, as well as coddling us like children because of their immense knowledge. See why this stuff is as fun to read as a science fiction novel. :D

"Mainly what the people who buy into these theories think the aliens want are slaves, food depending on the type (I don't really believe in the conspiracy theories, but they do interest me in the way a good science fiction book does) and natural resources. Other theories include that they're placing implants in use to 'control our brains' while the US gov is doing the exact same thing to counter the alien's implants, as the aliens eventual goal is to take over out planet after having collected enough data. As I said above, I think most of it is a load of bunk junk that continues to grow the way urban legends do....but one can't really be sure. Damned entertaining to read about it though."

As for why any various group ET would want to be here? Not only what you said, lol.

How about genetic/astrological studies? I think just about any species like or smarter then us, would be interested in this.

Samples from many things unique to Earth(at least from the visitors standpoint)? This too.

As for mind control? lol. Too touchy of subject to get into very deeply IMO.

"If we assume that ET is monitoring us and that ET takes the form many of the stories converge to (i.e. at least a few of them are likely to be correct), the idea that Governments know about this and are conspiring to keep the general populace in the dark about it starts looking more likely simply because of the number of these tales that involve government cover-up. For the governments, I can see motivation to cover it up were they aware of it: to avoid panic in the short term, and because many people in those positions tend to be set in their ways and to have personal interests best looked after by maintaining the status quo."

Very logical in just about any scenario.

"What possible motivation, however, has ET in this scenario to make our world leaders aware of their presence whilst concealing themselves from the rest of us? ET appears to get nothing out of Earth apart from observational data"

Firstly an entire planet such as ours of new observational data is very precious IMO. Priceless really. Concealment? Possibly just being polite to our leaders wishes... Or respecting and knowing it would send many closed minded locals into insanity. lol.

"whilst the Government-conspiracy theories also involve alien technology being given to the US government in particular, a large amount of it ending up in military hardware. If ET is tampering to help us grow and improve as a species, offering us better ways to blow each other up isn't going to help!"

At the very least inadvertently giving us technology, when/if their ship crashes we get it =P

But I believe your talking about the Zetas. They are thought to be a genetically engineered intel gathering race(of which the makers are assumably unknown) by many when said autopseys happen. Namably the guy who was supposedly put in charge of the Roswell file's reverse engineering(and wrote a book about it), Philip J. Corso. I've recently gotten ahold of some FBI declassified documents on Corso as well. Ridiculously hard to read as they seem to be enigineered to be so, but they confirm Corso was deep in the intelligence community.

In Corso's book he doesn't mention what the relations between the Zetas and US government was, as he was only cleared to release info about his actions in the 60's when the reverse engineering took place from gathered things from the crash.

Just think of if a Hitler-like guy got some of this technology what kind of thoughts would go through his head. !:blink:

"The only thing I can think of at the moment is that ET do need something or other we have, badly, and don't wish to just rip in and take it; the secret negotiators sent by our Governments realised this and bargained hard, extorting weapons technology out of them in exchange for it, ET seeing us blowing each other up a lesser evil than them blowing us up."

Well, there are assumably many different races and motives out there. It's not like your either Earthling, or the other group out there. lol.

Whatever the speculation, IMO it is not moral to give us weapons. If any ET race has done this, I would be a little pissed at them. lol. But doing that isn't half as bad as ****ing with our genetics a long time ago would be when talking about what's possible...

Ambrosia3.gif

Hmmm :blink:  Slaves?  Scary.  But ET does tend to be portrayed as a bit sinister, CTTOI.  Have you seen the movie Fire in the Sky?

This whole thing has got me browsing here and there, so I'm currently entertaining myself with The Krill Archives...  :D :D

Well, not all of them in the conspiracy theories. The Greys are supposed to do most of the dirty work and actual contact with humans, while the Reptiloids are overlords to the Greys just as much so to humans. The Greys are supposed to like humans though, and think we're extremely beautiful, as well as coddling us like children because of their immense knowledge. See why this stuff is as fun to read as a science fiction novel. :D

It really is interesting whilst true ot not IMO too.

Couple easy to find books I highly recomend:

The Day After Roswell By Philip J Corso

Chariots of the Gods, By Erich Von Daniken

Ambrosia3.gif

I read and heard about this months ago. It was pretty interesting. It also does seem as if people/Govs are trying to kill the story. Though it could be Bull**** too.

I personally don't believe in the existance of E.T's (no proof in my eyes).

But if there were, hypothetically speaking that is, what do you think the human species would do. I think Chaos would erupt.

It probably was just the U.S military testing some hi-tech spy-plane or such.

ala Occam's Razor

I read and heard about this months ago. It was pretty interesting. It also does seem as if people/Govs are trying to kill the story. Though it could be Bull**** too.

I personally don't believe in the existance of E.T's (no proof in my eyes).

But if there were, hypothetically speaking that is, what do you think the human species would do. I think Chaos would erupt.

It probably was just the U.S military testing some hi-tech spy-plane or such.

ala Occam's Razor

Actually, I've read the article since then, and it could quite possibly have been the Aurora spyplane I mentioned in my post earlier. :)

LOL^ EVeryone has their own interpretation :)

It just doesn't seem likely to me the government would test such things on Mexican air force. But who knows.. Maybe they get a reward, ****ing with obsolete technology another government has and tripping them out would probably be fun. lol.

"I personally don't believe in the existance of E.T's (no proof in my eyes).

But if there were, hypothetically speaking that is, what do you think the human species would do. I think Chaos

Ambrosia3.gif

There are a few things that always bother me about ET sightings. One for a race who has found a way of faster than light travel they sure haven't developed better technology to say scan us from space out of our perception. Also if we have stealth technology, why couldn't they? Again if it is a fact finding mission it would probably be done by their militery or scientific people I doubt they would likely joy ride in our atmosphere. Now to me the roswell scenario is more believeble as no matter how advanced the tecnology there can always be for lack of a better term "human" error.

I believe in the possibility of ET life I just really haven't seen any concrete proof yet.

LOL^  EVeryone has their own interpretation ;)

It just doesn't seem likely to me the government would test such things on Mexican air force.  But who knows.. Maybe they get a reward, ****ing with obsolete technology another government has and tripping them out would probably be fun. lol.

<snip>

Except, what data there is on the Aurora leads me to believe that it's supposed to be a successor to the SR-71, which means it's a spy plane, heavy on stealth. I would imagine that they'd have to do some sort of field training to see if they're able to lose a tail if spotted.

<shrugs>

Doesn't really matter anyway. :p

The problem with all of these alien sightings is that the aliens don't seem to do anything meaningful. There are people who claim to get technology from aliens, but the technology is nothing amazing -- it follows logically from other things we already have -- and thus it is far more likely that humans developed it as usual. There are far more miraculous things that we came up with on our own (and nobody has claimed as alien-brought yet).

Further, every supposed alien behaves very much like human beings would. They study the world, maybe pick up inhabitants, etc. None of them are truly alien. Even in good science fiction it is rare to find aliens that are not exaggerations of a certain type of human (I mean in terms of how they think, not how they look).

Also, there are so many unexplained atmospheric phenomena that even if a bunch of people see the same thing it doesn't mean UFOs. Nevermind the fact that every developed nation in the world is working on its own brand of next generation airplane, all of which are classified and most of which are meant to be stealthy and/or confusing.

In one word: meh. I've heard stories like this too many times without anything coming of it. They might be there, they might not, but unless they actually do something that affects me, I might as well ignore them.

The problem with all of these alien sightings is that the aliens don't seem to do anything meaningful.

And don't they know it! Flying around, abducting humans, administering anal probes and letting them go. And the only thing they've learned is that 1 out of 10 seems to like the probe.

Thank you, Kids In The Hall.

newlogo.gif