Deeper Choice options

A cool feature would be if you chose an answer that will give you Dark side points your next answers will have more Dark traits to them. Thus making it harder and harder to resist the Dark side, slowly losing your options to do Good.

It was easy in the first game to do a couple good things here and there to come back from the Dark side. It should be more challanging to do so.

This would help you as a player feel the struggle between the Dark side and the Light side (As if there wasn't enough already :lol: ).

This would not work as much for the Light side however. Even if your trying to be God himself the temptation for evil should always be there.

Yeah.

I was thinking about that too. What if...Not a completly good option was there but an option that would slightly take you away from the Dark side giving you neither Dark nor Light side points but putting your dialogue options closer to medium again.

I believe you should always be told anything that affects your character such as alignment. You should be told when you get dark or light points. Realism should take a backseat to control in this particular instance.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Thats hard to say.

I like the idea of only knowing which direction your heading from the NPC's around you, but I think that would be a good idea for a different Star Wars game.

Then again, I could never truely answer that unless I've been able to play a Star Wars game like that... <_<

Good question!

I believe you should always be told anything that affects your character such as alignment. You should be told when you get dark or light points. Realism should take a backseat to control in this particular instance.

Why? Do you always know the direct implications of your speech and actions in RL? Why should you know in-game?

How about you're not notified each time but throughout the game while you talk to your friends they tell you about yourself. You know like the way Juhani and Bastilia used to commend you for following the light or warn you about how you're going towards the darkside. And if you're mid level they would tell you you're confused and need to direct more of your focus towards the Jedi Code. They could implement something like this into KOTOR.

How about you're not notified each time but throughout the game while you talk to your friends they tell you about yourself. You know like the way Juhani and Bastilia used to commend you for following the light or warn you about how you're going towards the darkside. And if you're mid level they would tell you you're confused and need to direct more of your focus towards the Jedi Code. They could implement something like this into KOTOR.

Better yet, have a dark side NPC in your party purposely mislead you.

"Yes, decapitate that homeless jawa bum with your saber. You're eradicating useless junk in the universe and therefore advocating evolution. Plus 5 lightside points for you!"

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

"Why? Do you always know the direct implications of your speech and actions in RL? Why should you know in-game?"

In real life you probably wouldn't be able to fly through the galaxy at superlight speeds with weapons of unlimited ammo and energy based swords that, despite all natural laws, come to and end without a physical interdiction.

Realism has its limits in video games.

How about you're not notified  each time but throughout the game while you talk to your friends they tell you about yourself.  You know like the way Juhani and Bastilia used to commend you for following the light or warn you about how you're going towards the darkside.  And if you're mid level they would tell you you're confused and need to direct more of your focus towards the Jedi Code. They could implement something like this into KOTOR.

"Yes, decapitate that homeless jawa bum with your saber. You're eradicating useless junk in the universe and therefore advocating evolution. Plus 5 lightside points for you!"

See that would be cool, and make it more like the SW universe, in my opinion... :p ...I don't know if they will do it though, but just having the alignment pop up as an option, I don't think that it would be too hard to do...right? right?

"Why? Do you always know the direct implications of your speech and actions in RL? Why should you know in-game?"

In real life you probably wouldn't be able to fly through the galaxy at superlight speeds with weapons of unlimited ammo and energy based swords that, despite all natural laws, come to and end without a physical interdiction.

Okay, can you think of a plausible reason to explain why you'd know the result of your actions? Better yet, can you tell me why it wouldn't be tremendously cheap?

How about if that option is there under a hard difficulty setting. No choice is there to toggle it on or off.

Would it make the game harder, ;) or just make it more realistic?

It should be available to all players on all levels...it could make it harder for some, but then if it gets too hard for them, they can switch it off... :blink::(

Okay, can you think of a plausible reason to explain why you'd know the result of your actions? Better yet, can you tell me why it wouldn't be tremendously cheap?

Well, there isn't a dark-side in real life. I think it would be a fun way to do things, though- even if it makes things harder.

I don't know about the not showing where you lie on the lightside/darkside meter. You kinda have to know what side you are on for stuff like picking force powers and such.

EDIT: Also if they were to do that then they might be forced to make the lightside/darkside choice be more obvious as to which side they would pull you, which would result in unrealistic dialogue.

There was acually lots of that in the first game. Especially from HK-47. When HK says something it makes you want to see him kill a "meatbag". Although, when something like that comes up I wish it would just be HK killing whomever instead of your whole party.