ABC Miniseries....The Lost

Child of Flame

You can't defend an undefenable position.

You know what a director does? Would you like me to quote you saying multiple times that your biggest problem was the story.

The director didn't write the story!

Apparently you still don't know what the director does.

How can you say he has no talent, when the entire world recognizes his talent as a director?

The Third Man is a great film.

Harry Lime: Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

wait, what director supposedly sucked? who are we talking about?

It doesn't matter, because according to whatshisface all a director does is point a camera and shout action while actors mull around and read the script verbatim. All the footage is then glued together at the editor's sole discretion. I envy writers, having so much power over those whimpering buffoons called directors who can't alter or edit the screenplays in any way. That's why there are so many famous screenwriters and the writing Oscar is one of the most coveted, and directors are nameless schlubs who get their Academy Awards at the earlier technical ceremonies. (w00t)

It doesn't matter, because according to whatshisface all a director does is point a camera and shout action while actors mull around and read the script verbatim. All the footage is then glued together at the editor's sole discretion. I envy writers, having so much power over those whimpering buffoons called directors who can't alter or edit the screenplays in any way. That's why there are so many famous screenwriters and the writing Oscar is one of the most coveted, and directors are nameless schlubs who get their Academy Awards at the earlier technical ceremonies.  (w00t)

Eldar suggested I shouldn't call you a liar, even when you are lying. You really shouldn't be so obvious about going out of your way to misquote, mislead and outright make false statements.

I creditted Peter Jackson for his ability to control pacing, edit, control the flow of the story and get excellent performances out of his actors.

Here you imply I said the exact opposite. Again, I am left with two conclusions. Either you intentionally misrepresent the truth, or you can't comprehend what I'm posting. Either way, you shouldn't respond to my posts. You just look bad in the process.

On topic, I'm shocked ABC isn't showing any promos for season 2.

• 2 weeks later...

My God.

I just figured out what the numbers are and I want to scream.

There are communities that break down every time any of the numbers appear and search for various meanings. They haven't found anything concrete for those numbers.

Well, I finally unlocked the secret of the numbers.

Are you ready?

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 are all numbers that have been retired by the New York Yankees. In order, Gehrig, Berra/Dickey, Munson, Whitey Ford, Mattingly and Jackie Robinson.

The Yankees are the Evil Empire, so naturally the numbers represent all that is evil!

Anyone want to speculate on what is in the hatch or what is going on with the "monster"?

David Shore has said since day 1 that there is a logical explanation for everything on the island. I believed that until I saw the season finale where we physically saw the monster.

Yet in retrospect, I am not sure we saw the monster on screen. When Locke was face-to-face with it, he smiled and acted as if it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. It also spared his life.

When he was face-to-face with again later, he reacted in horror.

Are there multiple "monsters" on the island, or does it change shape and appearance? Do we see it how we want to see it?

I don't know Ender. Between that and the black smoke who can figure out what the hell is going on on that island. Were you ****ting about the Yankees numbers? Because to be honest that makes more sense than the other explanations I've heard.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The show creators haven't said anything about what the numbers mean. It may be a coincidence, and it may be where they did in fact actually get the numbers from.

Either way, the numbers do in fact coincide with jersey numbers retired by the Yankees, and I believe the Yankees to be the root of all evil.