ABC Miniseries....The Lost

Child of Flame

Sliders. You're killing me here, kumquat.

Metadigital, this is what you're looking for...

The Fantastic Journey

I do remember this, my first introduction to the hotness that was Jared Martin. Yes, I'm older than you all may think.  :lol:

!!!!

(w00t)

Thank you! Yes, I love the feeling I get when I locate that lost recollection, adrift in the vast multidimensional capacity of my mind. Phew. Not many feelings better than that.

Yep, Roddy McDowall, that's the dude.

:thumbsup:

Not so much of the old ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Nothing provides greater grounds for offense than popularity. It's far easier to show your refined tastes when looking down your nose at the commercially successful endeavors of others. Notice, my friend Vixen, how you say "despite its popularity." The popularity was a strike against the show. :o

Don't flame me! I'm just sayin'...

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Nothing provides greater grounds for offense than popularity.  It's far easier to show your refined tastes when looking down your nose at the commercially successful endeavors of others.  Notice, my friend Vixen, how you say "despite its popularity."  The popularity was a strike against the show.  :-

Don't flame me!  I'm just sayin'...

I hear you.

Nothing provides greater grounds for offense than popularity. 

I know what your trying to get at, and it sounds clever & witty, but I would suggest it's BS.

After all, we are talking about the show in a thread about generally how great LOST is....

I actually think the problem is more that the show's primary audience is female, and consciously or not, to many men and sadly many women, that makes it "substandard" in some way.

::cough:: ::oprah:: ::cough::

Well, that one lady is really hot

::cough:: ::wwe:: ::cough::

Nothing provides greater grounds for offense than popularity. 

I know what your trying to get at, and it sounds clever & witty, but I would suggest it's BS.

After all, we are talking about the show in a thread about generally how great LOST is....

Ahh, it made me laugh out loud. I have to admit, I've never seen either Desperate Housewives or Lost.

Okay, only 10 more pages before you hit the hall of fame! Woo Hoo! Hopefully the next season is good enough to fill up the space.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hey, I didn't see any flaming. Where?! Where?? I want to see.

Seriously, though. We can't entirely avoid disagreement on the board. It would be very boring place otherwise. ...And I'm honestly surprised that everyone is still, by and large, on the topics of the LOST show and TV in general. This is the only information I'll likely have on these shows.

Obsidian Plays

Why? The DVD's are up for preorder right now. It is one of the better TV shows I have seen in a long, long time. I am withholding calling it the best TV show I've ever seen because it is a single season, but it may be the best first season I've ever seen.

Some great shows often really move into their prime in the third season and only get better. I really hope that is the case, where as Alias started a downward turn in the third season.

If disagreeing with someone's tastes constitutes flaming than the internet must be hotter than the sun.

I didn't call Vixen names nor do I ever intend to.  However, I think she has horrid taste.

Bored of the Rings failed to entertain me, Desperate Housewives entertains me. I judge them on different standards as they are completely different pieces of work, just as I would judge, say, Meet Joe Black and The Simpsons with different standards. Boring and pretentious movie vs. intelligently written television satire. Apples and oranges. :D

I just know I'm going to come to regret writing that...

I'm not going to watch the Lost for one simple reason: my wife doesn't watch the show. I watch the news or listen to music. Hell, the only reason I even read this thread is because it's in WoT and I read everything in the Obsidian Entertainment fora of these boards. I learn a lot of stuff, so I'm not complaining, but otherwise I wouldn't even have learned the interesting stuff I know so far about the show.

I've never seen Desperate Housewives for the same reason. I have to admit that my wife and I are Terri Hatcher fans for different reasons.

EDIT: hahaha. Okay, I meant to say Teri Hatcher FANS.

Obsidian Plays

If disagreeing with someone's tastes constitutes flaming than the internet must be hotter than the sun.

I didn't call Vixen names nor do I ever intend to.  However, I think she has horrid taste.

Bored of the Rings failed to entertain me, Desperate Housewives entertains me. I judge them on different standards as they are completely different pieces of work, just as I would judge, say, Meet Joe Black and The Simpsons with different standards. Boring and pretentious movie vs. intelligently written television satire. Apples and oranges. :D

I just know I'm going to come to regret writing that...

I said before that I can understand and support someone just not caring for LotR. You said Peter Jackson was a no-talent hack. You blamed him for the story of the movies, which he didn't write. If you've read the novels, you'd find they are filled with far more asides, poetry and lingual non-sense. They are even more slow, and more boring.

People either love the world or don't. The story's climax is misplaced, which Jackson made some effort at fixing.

But Jackson created a seamless, visually stunning world with good acting performances. The editing was tight on a huge story.

People called the story unfilmable for 50 years. He made it happen.

You also completely discount his previous works such as Meet the Feebles, the Frighteners and Heavenly Creatures. All are well shot, well editted, well made films.

Since you can't differentiate not caring for the story (the area where PJ had the least responsibility for) and his technical merit as a director, I'd say that makes you a poor supposed expert at film.

Also, calling 3 of the most critcally acclaimed movies of all time rubbish means you have poor taste.

I reeaaaaaaaaally don't want to get into this argument again, and I knew I'd regret replying to you. I really just don't need people coming in and attacking me again like last time for giving an opinion.

Let me just say I know damned well what a director does, and how a good director can take a poor script and sell it. Jackson didn't do that for me.

I'd also like to say that Citizen Kane is one of the most critically acclaimed movies of all time, but many many people can't stand sitting through it. Critical acclaim isn't a valid way to denounce someone's taste.

That said, I'm done with this tangent. This will only go downhill and I will end up being attacked. Been there, done that, not interested in a repeat.