ABC Miniseries....The Lost

Child of Flame

nanobots is the best theory I've heard there.

I've seen that website trailer (in fact, I post a link in this thread). It's a teaser, so they don't really show anything, but it does point to the "we arn't the survivors we think we are" idea. Which we kinda already knew.

I do think that most of the things can be explained logically but if the "security system" turns out to be something too fantastical that could ruin it for me. I've read a lot of net opinions that were disappointed with teh finale (surprise, surprise :wub:) I liked it cos it turned a lot of preconceptions on their (collective) head.

I think they're in a tesseract

That's a good theory!

I have my own theory which is less likely, but I like it none the less. What if this were akin to 2001. "The Black Rock" and all made me think of the monolith from 2001. The Black Rock is a red herring howeve, while the real monolith is the Hatch.

Imagine if the Bermuda Triangle is exactly what people suspect it is, a place where aliens abduct travellers. They test them. They pit them against each other.

Wasn't there a tv series about that? I remember some guy with a futuristic ray-gun thing, and a group of people running around different alternate universes and zipping between them trying to get back to their own Bermuda ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wasn't there a tv series about that? I remember some guy with a futuristic ray-gun thing, and a group of people running around different alternate universes and zipping between them trying to get back to their own Bermuda ...

I think your thinking of sliders, but you got the concept wrong

That's a good theory!

I have my own theory which is less likely, but I like it none the less. What if this were akin to 2001. "The Black Rock" and all made me think of the monolith from 2001. The Black Rock is a red herring howeve, while the real monolith is the Hatch.

Imagine if the Bermuda Triangle is exactly what people suspect it is, a place where aliens abduct travellers. They test them. They pit them against each other.

I've never heard that theory :blink:

I like mine better :D

The French Woman insists that after going to the Black Rock, people have been changed and got sick. The island seemed to drive people to fight themselves in the past, and now it appears there will be conflct between the two groups of survivors.

No, Sliders was a nineties series; there was a much earlier one (seventies? early eighties?) and it was about a boat of shipwrecked people who get stuck in the Bermuda Triangle. The dude with the ray gun (he stole it from some alien early on, and it was the only weapon that they had, then they all got split up as well) looked like John Hurt (may have even been him).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No, Sliders was a nineties series; there was a much earlier one (seventies? early eighties?) and it was about a boat of shipwrecked people who get stuck in the Bermuda Triangle. The dude with the ray gun (he stole it from some alien early on, and it was the only weapon that they had, then they all got split up as well) looked like John Hurt (may have even been him).

Oddly enough I think I read about this show, it was in the 70s, and they were on this place connected to parallel universes.

:)

They cant be. X^3 makes a cube, X^4 is just mathematical gibberish :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "